IMDb > "Two and a Half Men" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Two and a Half Men"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Two and a Half Men" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 29: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

the funniest show on television, bar none!!!

Author: renar from Frederick, Maryland
6 October 2005

I cannot get enough of this show. I laugh out loud through the entire episode, EVERY WEEK. The entire cast is hilarious. It is difficult to choose who is the funniest. In the season opener, I feel that Angus really out shined everyone else. His timing was impeccable. And, Jon Cryer with the girl's mother in the principal's office, I laughed so hard, I started crying. I hope that this program runs for many years, until Jake goes to college. We don't see enough of him, though and I know that is because of his age. The women are also awesome. The next to the last or last episode this past season was priceless with Holland Taylor being drenched because Jake left the bathtub running. If you haven't watched this show, don't miss it next week. I guarantee you will laugh a lot!!!

Two and a half Manginas since Sheen left

Author: vgbp88 from United States
12 April 2012

I gotta say, I am really disappointed. Since Charlie Sheen left, this show has gone down the toilet. It was once about two opposite types of men in the current society, it is now about what kind of men fit women's desires It was once about the terrible but still done task of drinking whiskey, it is now of drinking tea with their legs crossed. This is not supposed to be a serious show. It used to mock reality but now it is a Mangina guide for our future male generations. And the worst part, wait for it. It is not funny. This was one of the only sitcoms that stepped out of the comfort zone in a cozy way.

Now they introduced an overweight lesbian womanizer who can supposedly make a girl straight girl sleep with her but not with Walden. End this show before it gets completely destroyed.

Get Charlie back!

Author: drax-844-424482
8 January 2012

First of all, my vote is for episodes which Charlie Sheen was acting (10 stars). Story, jokes and all that was good.

Now about Ashon. I watched some of his movies and they are great. However I cannot find him as good replacement for Charlie. Strange, but I don't laugh to Ashons jokes and all that nudity is really not funny at all. On top of it, I was horribly disappointed in first episode in season with Ashon. I mean they made some bad jokes about Charlie and they made impression that everybody was hating him - not cool at all.

I have been reading that Charlie was replaced because it was really "expencive" comparing to Ashon. I don't remember what sum was about, but difference was counting in millions. This is not excuse for me since Charlie built up Two and a Half Men and I believe that he deserves money.

In my opinion IMDb should separate voting for this show, 1 while Charlie was acting and 1 while Ashon is acting, otherwise it is not fair - reputation will go higher or lower for sure with new actor.

For me, it's over...

Author: evalverdes from Portugal
3 January 2013

Forget about watching the new episodes, with Walden Schmidt. Not only, the actor is not very talented, not funny nor the character is interesting, but also has the huge job of filling Sheen's shoes. Let's be honest, the show is nothing without Charlie Sheen. OK, Jake and Alan are also great characters. But the thing about this show was the issues between the two brothers and their trouble raising a kid. It makes no sense to change the main character. They should have cancelled it. No doubt the Charlie-Alan-Jake seasons are fantastic. But that is it. Forget that someone even tried to make episodes without one of those three. It's better to remember it as good show, as it was.

where do i begin?

Author: nikitatyler91 from United States
25 June 2012

This show used to be funny. With Charlie Sheen I would give this show a ten out of ten. For anyone who didn't watch it before they killed off Charlie and replaced him with a moron (Kutcher) it was a fantastic show. Now its ridiculous! I have seen a couple episodes and all it was was really bad toilet humor and gay jokes. Jon Cryer's character has become an even more leach than before and he is incredibly annoying! Kutcher as internet billionaire moron is well very very sad. Kutcher CANT ACT! I have no idea why people even hire him for roles! The show that made me laugh now makes me cringe! I say stop watching this show and tune in for Charlie's new show ''Anger Management'' we all know Charlie made the show, Chuck Lorre should admit it and put Two and a Half Men where it belongs, in a casket and six feet under.

Two And A Half Men hilarious with Charlie dreadful with Ashton

Author: miketaylor2007 from Canada
3 December 2011

I am rating Two And A Half Men 10 for all the laughs I have had over the years, but only with Charlie. Two And A Half Ashton is not the same show and is on a whole other level because it is the worst show on television today. I really think the role was cursed no matter who tried to replace Charlie Sheen because the entire show revolves around his life, the women he meets, and his family. You can't build a series based off of one guys life and get rid of him years later. Aston Kutcher is a good actor and im a fan but you can't stand to see his face on Two And A Half Men. Is it his fault? No I don't think it's Ashtons fault but the writers for making his character Waldon try to act like Charlie Harper and failing miserably. Waldon tries to be this ladies man like Charlie but comes off as a very bitter, scruffy looking guy with 8th grade jack off jokes and hes not funny at all. The way he comes into the picture also doesn't make any sense and it is retarded. I would call this season of Two And A Half Men the cancer of CBS and a wake up call for the next Hollywood jerk with an ego that tries to revive something that is so obviously dead. Please let this go Chuck you were wrong and Charlie was what made this show work.

Charlie Sheen made this

Author: Andy from United Kingdom
31 October 2011

Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen is was, if not, the funniest sitcom on TV, and easily one of the best ever made. Charlie Sheen and Jon Cryer together was a match made in sitcom heaven, whilst Angus also added a lot, especially when he was a child.

Ever since they thought it was necessary and they could not forgive him, they got rid of Charlie Sheen and completely ruined the show. Ashton Kutcher isn't a good actor, hes mediocre at best and plays the role bad. He isn't no Charlie Sheen, and it shows. Ever since Sheen left, they have been trying to bring in jokes, that just don't work without his dry and sarcastic humour, Kutcher isn't of the same acting pedigree of Sheen.

Two and a Half original jokes per season.

Author: SacTreats from United States
17 April 2008

Imagine a day you've probably had. A day that wasn't that bad, but it was probably a regular work day. Nothing big happened, but it wasn't a particularly slow work day. You saw people that you normally see every day, but you didn't do anything all that special with them. You might have gotten a headache, but it wasn't that bad. You didn't really eat anything all that delicious. Just a normal, forgettable day.

Imagine every day of your life going that way.

Two and a half men would be the only show on television in that world.

Charlie Sheen is not the world's greatest actor or comedian, but he can do better than this. This show is only vaguely better than the average sitcom, and the sitcom, on average, is often lacking. Sure, it's a limited medium, but knowing that, it leads us to expect more from the effort that goes into making a sitcom.

2 1/2 Men does illustrate a change in shift of what sitcoms can be when viewed against...I don't know...10 years ago? But it doesn't take it any further than that. I just rests comfortably on its ability to do things that are "new" and "edgy", but it doesn't make any effort to be a part of any stride towards new ideas. It's riding the coattails of shows that laid the groundwork. It's more contemporary than Seinfeld, but it is way behind Seinfeld in it how original it is.

I've seen a lot of comments that rate this show rather highly. Come on, folks, expect more.

True, shows like Arrested Development often meet an untimely end (and yes, you can take that as my endorsement of Arrested Development as a watermark standard of what a good sitcom can be), but then again, look at Spin City. That wasn't one of the greatest sitcoms ever, but it was well above average, and it had a fair run. You can at least hope for that.

And sure, you kind of have to go with what's available, but you don't have to totally lower your standards just because almost everything on TV sucks right now.

2 1/2 men is just flat. I know, I know. It really should be good, and the powers involved (Charlie Sheen, the writers, the director and the producers) aren't evil for forcing this on us (though hardly benevolent), but come on...TV can do better than this.

5 stars is almost too nice, but less than 3 would be a little too mean...a little.

The shortcomings of this show don't offend me, but they do really disappoint me.

Laid back fun and racked with potential, Sheen finally gets a chance to shine

Author: liquidcelluloid-1 from www.liquidcelluloid.blog.com
4 May 2004

Network: CBS; Genre: Sitcom; Average Content Rating: TV-PG; Classification: Contemporary (star range: 1 - 4);

Season Reviewed: 2+ seasons

Bachelor, womanizer and commercial jingle writer Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen) sees his quite existence set slightly ajar when his straight-laced, now divorced brother, Alan (Jon Cryer), and 10 year old nephew, Jake (Angus T. Jones), move in. Before I begin, let me point out that my description of the show is accurate to it's attitude. That's the first sign that we're in territory that isn't entirely clichés of the standard sitcom. In another series Charlie's world would have been "rocked" or "turned upside down" with the arrival of a child. The episodes would have written themselves as the task of parental responsibility creates wackiness on autopilot that the show could have coasted on for at least a season. But 'Two and a Half Men' is such a laid back series that, much like it's comic lead, the show is more inclined to slap on a wacky Hawaiian shirt & mismatched shorts, put up it's sandal-wearing feet and shrug off these conventions as the boring trite that they are.

'Two and a Half Men' is series that centers on characters that are financially secure, generally without life's pressure and have so little to do from day-to-day that they get entangled in goofy frivolous minutia. I like this type of show. It's the epitome of simple TV escapism but without stooping to stupid 'Friends' shenanigans. 'Men' goes even beyond that. It's an unabashed superficial male fantasy where it's heroes live on the beach, drink margaritas and get to hang out with a kid and then get to shuttle him off to his real parents. The show is more concerned with getting Sheen some on screen action than it is any plot-point that goes form A to C in 30 minutes. The episodes flow along with a loose idea in them, but have more of a day-in-the-life feel. It's the type of feel that put the tombstone on the head of this year's ABC effort '10-8: Officers On Duty', but in a sitcom where nothing is at stake, it works well.

This style can be hit-or-miss for the show. It's more a playground for the actors than any storytelling device. When it's working, such as in the Prudence episode or an early episode where the brothers get drunk and spend the whole time planning to tell off their mother (Holland Taylor, 'The Practice') only to chicken out on her doorstep, 'Men' sings like a classic screwball comedy. When it isn't, there isn't a story to back it up and everything can fall apart.

Fortunately, Creator and sitcom writer-for-hire Lee Aronsohn ('Cybill') has put together a solid cast to sell this stuff. After an impressive performance taking the reins from Michael J. Fox on 'Spin City', it should have been a no-brainer to give Charlie Sheen his own series. Sheen again proves he's one of the better and more underrated comic actors on the tube. In true 'Odd Couple' style, Cryer is terrific as Sheen's uptight opposite although we don't get to see his gift for physical comedy as often as we should. The two of them could have held the show together without the insertion of young Jones. But, once again straying from convention, Jones doesn't play the insufferable "cute kid" role. A big grip I have about the show is the placement of the kid. There's something creepy about a 10-year-old kid put in the middle of all the sexual escapades.

I've saved the best for last. The single best and most original comedic idea contained in 'Two and a Half Men' is the character of Rose. In an all-out performance by Melanie Lynskey, Rose is a heart stealer. That great mix of funny and creepy. I can only imagine the writer's room where somebody pitched the idea that Sheen's character would have a female stalker and that she was going to be a major character. And that she would spend entire scenes standing on the deck looking through a window.

* * ½

Charlie sheen

Author: Jim Gavriilidis from Greece
9 September 2012

Aston kutcher instead of Charlie sheen? are we serious???? come on men,Charlie is born for comedy shows and especially for this show,he was talented and because of his real life was as the show,drinking,women and drugs,he was very good in this role in the show,but they stopped him...because he was a bad person to see on TVs..come guys,when do we live,at 1960 with full of censorship??

however,i want to be kind but Aston is awful..

This show is great,has a lot of fun but with Charlie had incredibly good jokes..

so,the result is: " WE WANT CHARLIE BACK!!! "

i hope that someone will read it and he will put him back..

(i am so sanguine , ha ha)