IMDb > Faster (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Faster

Faster More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

A must seee for fans of Motorsport.

Author: dflowerz from United States
8 December 2003

FASTER does a great job of showcasing the incredible spectacle that is Grand Prix motorcycle racing. One could argue that MotoGP is the most exciting motorsport on the planet with the most skilled racers. This documentary goes inside the sport and puts us in a position to really get an idea of how fast these bikes go and how skilled the riders are that master them. MotoGP is a sport where the reality of the speeds and risks involved speak for themselves, and FASTER does a perfect job of conveying the message without getting in the way. In a world where too many films rely heavily on special effects, FASTER is a reminder that reality can be the biggest thrill of all. For fans of motorsport this film is a must see. For others the film will have you not believing what you are seeing and being entertained by the larger than life personalities and their rivalries. FASTER gets to the heart of MotoGP racing and takes the audience inside the sport. There's not a more thrilling ride out there on film!

Finally the word gets out!

Author: (d271966@hotmail.com) from Los Angeles
31 July 2003

This is an awesome movie. I caught a preview of it by good fortune. Of course, I am a MotoGP fan and have been for a few years already, so I was very excited to see this movie even made at all. It is no surprise that it is a great documentary on MotoGP since it is an official sanction by the reigning authorities. That said, this isn't your usual documentary. It is one of the best action films I've ever seen. Best of all, it is 100% real. I'm very happy about the world being let in on what has seemed to me to be an insider's secret sport. Even formula 1, football (American or otherwise), or hockey can't compete. The pace is very fast and there's real carnage to be had (I hate to admit that I like the crashes almost as much as the on-track battles). I also have to say that it was wonderful to see Daijiro Kato on the big screen, to be forever remembered for the talented and promising racer that he was. I'm not religious, but God bless his soul and may he rest in peace... err, may there be race bikes in heaven. =) (insider scoop is that he helps his team-mate Sete from the afterlife - have you seen Sete since Kato's death??? Amazing stuff.)

In a nutshell... if you like action at all, see this movie. You won't regret it.

One big disappointment

Author: philhyndman from Australia
9 September 2010

Terrible, with a few highlights. I'm a big fan of the sport and a big fan of documentary. This does no justice to either.

The direction is awful and meanders somewhat aimlessly, like the product of a first year film student. One can generally tell the quality of a film from the first few minutes. In Faster, from the opening narration - done by big name Ewan McGregor - you get that sinking feeling 'oh no this isn't going to be any good is it?'. Clichés harass your ears from the opening line and they don't really go away. If I was Ewan I would have refused to read that embarrassing script.

I would think the point of such a film would be a chance to offer insight into a world that most don't understand and for fans who would love to know more about the backstage. But the chance is totally missed. Even the obvious possibility for some extended on bike camera work of some gripping racing scenes - something everybody loves - is totally overlooked and you'll find more exciting footage on YouTube. Most shots are taken from TV coverage of races and offers nothing more than that. Its more like a review of the 2001/02 seasons suitable for a lame magazine sports show than a quality documentary. There's a few interesting moments via interviews, and worth a look if your a bike fan, even for just a trip down memory lane, but thats all. The biggest impact the movie has is in the post scripts, where some highly respected racing stars advise, 'don't ride fast on the road because riding is so dangerous, go to a racetrack its much safer and better fun'. That I did appreciate for I often forget that.

I could make a better documentary than this in my sleep. Forget all the reviews that say 'great stuff', they're just wrong and would watch anything with a motorbike in it and be pleased.

Decent but Bias

Author: Norman Dehm (normandehm@msn.com) from Denver
20 July 2004

I am happy about someone putting out a quality production about my favorite sport. But as usual it is a 2 hour long lets fluff Rossi'S ego documentary.

I found the movie to be very bias in the sense that only Biaggi has been the only consistent form of competition to Rossi, yet he is the only rider that was slandered in the whole movie...and repeatedly. What is up with that? Why did the movie need to take sides about any of the riders. I can understand highlighting there rivalry and giving Rossi due credit as World Champion, but at the expense of the only other good rider in the series? I am disappointed in that, and disappointed that the movie is riding the Rossi bandwagon. We were hoping for a deeper picture. One that explored the politics, technology, and lives of the people involved. The movie also spent considerable time showcasing two riders that haven't proven to warrant such attention. If you are a Rossi fan and don't mind hearing the same old "hail Rossi" propaganda then this movie is for you. For me... I am not a Rossi fan...the movie left me un-fulfilled.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]