IMDb > The Adventures of Ociee Nash (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]

Finally...Genuine Family Entertainment!

Author: lemew1 from United States
17 December 2004

This delightful film is just the kind of feel good story us forty-somethings and fifty-somethings remember when we were kids. The Adventures of Ociee Nash is a wholesome treat for every family that prefers to honor family values while being entertained at home and in a theater. It's certainly not the typical flashy box office draw that boasts of the latest in special effects or unbelievable cinematography. That's what makes it such a joy! My entire family saw the film, from Grandma and Grandpa to six nieces and nephews. They loved it! You can't find this kind of film being created anymore. After seeing it, my five year old niece told her mom, "I got my courage, just like Ociee," when she passed a group of intimidating kids on her street to get her bicycle. If you're looking for something beyond the films that tout actors posing as fish or put another generation of wizards through school, Ociee Nash will warm your heart and teach your children how to kindle friendships, deal with loss and make the best of life. Plus, don't concern yourself with the worry of inappropriate language or adult innuendo, you won't find any of that in this film. Family movie night is back...at least when you go see The Adventures of Ociee Nash!

A heartwarming family film

Author: JasperGA from United States
16 December 2004

The Adventures of Ociee Nash is a breath of fresh air - fun for both children and adults. The story follows Ociee, a spirited tomboy from rural Mississippi (the only home she'd ever known) as she travels by train to Asheville, NC. In Asheville she will learn to become a lady. But it seems that as Ociee learns ladylike behavior from her Aunt Mamie, everyone learns valuable life lessons from Ociee as well.

I enjoyed the historical figures (Nellie Bly, the Wright Brothers, and President McKinley) woven through Ociee's train ride. Although all the actors played their roles quite well, Skyler Day as Ociee and Anthony Rodrieguez as the gypsy were my favorites.

A wonderful family film!!!

Author: billjoe from United States
3 January 2005

A wonderful family film!!! We were delighted to see this G-rated film that appealed to the entire family. We heard many fine comments from friends who saw the movie and took their children and grandchildren to see it. We wish there could be more movies like this...possibly a sequel to follow up on the further adventures of Ociee as she grows into a young lady. The scenery, the costumes, the acting and the musical score that complimented the movie so well were all magnificent. We applaud all who were associated with this film in taking the chance on making a family film at a time when there seems to be so few of this type of movie being made.

Wholesome Fun

Author: rolandcouillard from United States
23 December 2004

It was a pleasant change to attend a well done, fun movie that I wouldn't be ashamed to take my family to. Although not an FX high tech whiz bang, this movie was good wholesome fun for anyone with a heart and a sense of humor. I would pay to see it again. I attended the movie with my wife and we both left the theater satisfied. Young Ociee's journey to visit her aunt turns out to be the kind of adventure that only an imaginative young girl could create, replete with gypsies, presidents and daring rescues. It isn't until the end that she is able to prove that her whimsical thrilling adventure did, in fact, occur exactly as she described it. If you are tired of movies that rely on explosions and sex to keep your attention, you will enjoy this one.

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]