IMDb > "The Mullets" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Mullets" More at IMDbPro »

TV Just Gets Worse

Author: Bill Persell (billntwrk@yahoo.com) from San Diego, California
3 July 2003

I like to think that I am the average television viewer even though I do work in the business. Having said that, I can honestly say this show is headed for the Toilet. It's a shame that someone as beautiful as Loni Anderson lets herself be roped into this pathetic show. I will go on record right here and now, July 3rd, 2003 and say this show will be one of the fall's first casualties. Please...UPN, we as viewers are not that stupid! I know that the show has not been seen by anyone beyond a few focus groups but if the trailers are any indication, this show is horrible!

I hate to say it...

Author: Bill Persell (billntwrk@yahoo.com) from San Diego, California
22 October 2003

No Spoilers (Other than a stinker of a show)

But I told ya so! Here we are at the end of October and "The Mullet's" is going on 'Hiatus'. This should not come as a great shock to most. Those that are shocked probably live in the 14-18 year old male demographic. Sorry, Boys! You might watch, you might even buy the products that serve as commercial 'sponsors' but you don't constitute a huge audience.

Lets face it, if a show cannot survive on the "Netlets, (WB-UPN) it has to be REAL BAD. I don't think using the word "awful" would be wrong.

Hiatus? How about DOA, destined to be nothing more than an answer to a trivia question a few years down the road. (See "Manimal")

Redifines "stinker"

Author: djohn2581-1 from Western Oregon, United States
30 November 2005

Remember when "My Mother the Car" was considered the worst TV show of all time? Well, welcome to the cable age when there are myriad shows that make that old Jerry Van Dyke stinker seem positively Shakespearian by comparison.

MULLETS is inept. MULLETS is only funny when it isn't supposed to be. It's stupid. It sucks. It sucks. It sucks. Even for an "indie" network (as in WB, Fox, or UPN), which have generally low quality programing, this is a low point.

MULLETS is way beyond "bottom-of-the-barrel" programming. You'll find it somewhere in the slime beneath that barrel - there with the creepy crawlies and other loathsome things.

And, no doubt, the cretins behind MULLETS will soon have another series on the air. Yet another reason to turn off the TV and pick up a good book.

Yet another unfunny 'comedy'

Author: MovieDude-4 from United States
20 September 2003

I'll watch almost anything with Loni Anderson (ALMOST anything). But so far this show with it's laugh track at maximum setting is only tolerable if I tape it and skip over the non-Loni bits - which is most of it. I assume that someone must desperately hope that lines such as, "You are", "No I'm not", "Yes you are", "No I'm not" might be thought of by someone as funny. I am not that person. Why do I suspect this will run 4 episodes max?

The Mullets

Author: Anthony Lopez from San Diego, CA
27 November 2013

i remember watching this show when it first aired after seeing the promo about it on TV.

i only watched at least the very first episode and then after that, i didn't see anymore of it.

i've always wondered throughout the years whatever happened to this show and after looking this up recently and seeing that it was due to poor ratings, i was like "wow! i guess it was really that bad." i thought it was OK but too bad it got panned. this is just my take on it.

4 out of 10

FUNNY.......

Author: Greg Clemenko from United States
12 November 2003

We want to see more of The Mullets. Tuesday is our family night(10 families)get together and order dinner and hang out and have fun. The best time of Tuesday night is that we all watch The Mullets on TV. PLEASE do not cancel the show.... If you do cancel it. life will not be the same. My roommate had a mullet hair cut (late 80`s)...lol.... Great casting.... Great show.....

Funny, kinda truthful show

Author: stacy_g from U.S.
21 October 2003

I've had to go to the Southern states where it is normal for a person to have a mullet and believe it or not they really act out of it and without a real grasp on life like the TV show. They are really plain, simple and not to swift. I think the show is really funny! I hope it lasts.

Stephanie the stunt woman

Author: pogo5 from united states
23 September 2003

Stephanie the Stunt Woman was a real winner on the show,we need to see more of her. She really clicked with the rest of the cast .Stephanie seems to have a natural comedic talent. When she through that punch in the opening scene, it just took me off guard and was so funny.Stephanie's facial expressions are priceless. We need more of her charactor in up coming shows.She just may be your winner.

Very funny!Loved the stunt woman!

Author: mlb6767 from USA
19 September 2003

I watched the episode that had "Stephanie" the stunt woman and I thought she just shined over the other cast members.Some of the dialog was quite witty and the story line actually had a moral to it. I hope the Stephanie character shows up in future episodes. It would be a real boost to the show.

UPN onto something?... I'll be d*mned

Author: Saint_Nothing from Pa
16 September 2003

You know... This isn't to bad from a network thats main point of revenue is WWE programming such as Smackdown! and 15 other shows recapping Smackdown. Actually, this isn't bad from any point of view. Mindless entertainment you say? Well yes and no. Sure you have to suspend a bit of belief in believing the familys last name is also reflecting the two sons hair styles made popular in the 1980's Heavy Metal scene. But if a show can entertain me in it's first three episodes, then I am definately hooked. And in a day covered with reality tv, it is safe to say there isn't a lot for people like me to watch.

Having just watching the pilot episode and the second, I am thoroughly enjoyed and have something to cover that less than spectacular Tuesday night slot, and with my 3rd episode make and break coming up I am sure this show will make. But I can see right now that this will only last 3 seasons at most... because, well, it seems ever since The Job, every show I've liked since barely makes it past the first season.