IMDb > "Seabert" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Seabert" More at IMDbPro »"Bibifoc" (original title)

Am I the only one who remembers this?

Author: tombo632 from United States
24 November 2005

Somewhere buried in my VHS collection is an episode of this show, which i have long since forgotten. I believe it used to air on HBO in the mid 80s, and I supposed was re-dubbed in English under the name "Seabert", since this apparently is a French cartoon. The basic plot was Tommy and Ayma and their friend Seabert the seal in the frozen North, always foiling the evil plots of Uncle Smokey, a fur trader. Uncle Smokey and his dimwitted thugs were always trying to capture Seaburt in an attempt to get his fur (which was never actually mentioned to be his plan on the show, but now seems pretty obvious....and a little grim.) Besides that plot line which kids probably didn't understand, it was a decent children's show. I hope i can dig up that tape.

Yes, I remember it It's called "Seabert"

Author: rknight-5 from So Cal
27 September 2007

in the USA North America versions. I was the USA based English language release version casting director and supervisor; and I was proud to become the voice of Graphite, under my persona and the animation team development, as the series evolved in the US. The series for North America was named Seabert, and eventually went to HBO. The animation was contracted production to Mill Valley Animation at the time, while Image One had casting and voice tracking assignments. The home video episodes can still be found in many rental/retail market outlets. I'm giving it a warm vote 7 out of 10 and out of personal affinity, noting that most cartoons in the 80's had little to do with "green, socially rewarding and altruistic" content. Plus, we really had some fun.