IMDb > My Winter Journey (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

My Winter Journey More at IMDbPro »Mon voyage d'hiver (original title)

Strange, but enjoyable

Author: Dejan Malcic (memento@banjaluka.com) from Banja Luka, Bosnia & Herzagovina
19 November 2003

I've seen this movie recently, and was very surprised to see nobody commented on it yet. The point of this movie are, so obviously, not the story, the characters or the plot, but simply "the atmosphere". I'm not saying it's a good film, simply that I liked it. At the show I was attending almost everyone walked out of the theater, but I decided to just sit back and enjoy this strange "winter journey" film. It was hard to understand what it was about, but I didn't care: pointless art movie or not, it was much more bearable than "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Now, they didn't walk out of the that one, right?

no plot, no dialogue, the worst thing i've seen to date

Author: dudyb-1 from Israel
18 July 2005

if you insomniac this movie may be the cure you're looking for. the narrator is driving across Germany. during the drive he talk and talk. if his ideas aren't enough to put you sleep then his voice will. and then he stop talking for a few minutes and you can see some nice scenery with a soft music. afterward, basically this formula repeats itself. there is no plot and no advancement of anything. some movies are badly produce, or the writing or the acting is bad but they can be seen as a movie. this is not a movie, there is no acting, no story, basically it's some guy recording his boring thought combined with some European scenery.