IMDb > Baby's Momma Drama (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Baby's Momma Drama More at IMDbPro »

dark comedy - pun intented

Author: shazam1950 from United States
28 December 2010

For me it was a good movie. A realistic look through at least 4 perspectives of marriage, relations. divorce. custody, court issues. infidelity, adultery, jealousy, bureaucratic mistakes, red tape, and and human foibles involved in out of control hormones and personal agendas. I know those are a lot of issues jammed into a low budget straight for DVD movie. It uses racial disparity to show that these topics are not limited to just one narrow spectrum. The film starts off with a woman's criteria (passed from her mother) of a man's worth as a husband - a job, a car, and a home. The second story line concerns a Latino mother with 3 kids having an affair (her husband is in prison). Third storyline is a successful business man finds his wife cheating on him. the fourth plot line is the divorce judge having a clandestine tryst with his clerk. The characters are a racially mixed batch which is good representation of the demographic of L.A. IMDb does not have very many details about this production. It reminds me of the gradual tone of the movie WAR OF THE ROSES. It started like a typical low brow comedy with sex driven parodies but with character development and the down to earth casting of mostly unknown but realistic looking actors it seemed to have a documentary feel that impressed me.