IMDb > "Danny Phantom" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Danny Phantom"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Danny Phantom" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

The BEST new animated series in a LONG time

Author: daisyfh from Alton, IL
11 November 2004

I have to throw my two cents in with the crowd on DANNY PHANTOM. This is one of the BEST new animated series in a long time, and has quickly become my favorite animated show.

Unlike most animated shows that seem to exist in some kind of vacuum (each episode has nothing to do with the other), DANNY PHANTOM has a continuing storyline. The story gets better and better with each episode, and yet at the same time, each episode is great standing alone. Kudos to the writers for that.

The characters themselves are funny, interesting and quickly draw you in to their lives. Kudos to the actors for this.

I love the Danny and Sam storyline, and at the same time the ghost villains are some of the best villains in animation today.

The animation style is wonderful as well. DANNY PHANTOM is definitely one of Nick's best. Butch Hartman has done it again!

Danny Phantom

Author: jadusdraconus-1 from United States
13 July 2006

I have to admit it. I'm a Danny Phantom addict. i'm a 33 yr old father of three and my two sons (3yr and 2 yrs) and i watch this show every time it is on. The artwork of the show is superb when compared to many of todays, or the last decades, cartoons. The plot and storyline are excellent for the average teen or even young teen, and the lines are better than many of the adult intended lines from bugs bunny. Heavy with sarcasm, dry humor and a bumbling fathers exploits, this show rocks. There's enough reality based topics in the plot for any teen to relate to, and many adults will take great humor in the dialogue. I personally believe the show caters to a sense of family and friends, either group can benefit from this. Whether you choose to watch this with your family or sit back with your family, you'll certainly enjoy this cartoon. I'm proud to say i watch this.

The Best TV Show!!!

Author: carachloe from United States
24 November 2005

Danny Phantom is my absolute favorite show!!! I absolutely love this show cuz I can totally relate to it. I'm like Sam cuz i'm a girl, a vegetarian, I luv reptiles, I hate popular stuff, and no one except my best friend really understands me. I'm also like Tucker and Danny. I'm like Tucker cuz I'm really into technology. And i'm like Danny cuz my parents don't really understand me (don't really want them to either:^))Everybody can completely relate to at least one character whether it be a villain (:^D) or one of the heroes. I think that any kid that has ever watched Danny Phantom wishes at some point that they had ghost powers. I know that I did:^) You always hear about the superhero movies and TV shows, but you never really hear about a show based around ghosts. I seriously hope that Nickelodeon makes a Danny Phantom movie. Danny is the perfect age for a kid that got ghost powers. Since he's an adolescent, more people can relate to his everyday problems and situations. He's old enough to know what responsibility is, and he uses his powers the right way- most of the time:^) This show is kind of like a Fairly Odd Parents and a Spongebob mix- you have your "magical powers", mixed with your everyday strange and funny. When I 1st saw the previews I was like, this looks wicked stupid. Y7? What is up with that? But now I realize that I was being an idiot!!! Watch this show and learn the true meaning of what the BEST TV show means!!!

Best show I've seen in a while!

Author: The_Perks_of_Being_Lincoln from United States
29 December 2005

Great Job, Hartman! You've have created another well put Nicktoon! Danny Phantom is probably one of the best Nick shows I've seen in a while! This show has a great cast with funny characters, wonderful but repetitive plots, great memorable villains like Skulker & Ember, & great voice casting with some of the best voice actors around Nowadays, Nick shows are just plain dull, boring, & stupid, but this show, along with The Fairly Oddparents & Spongebob Squarepants, this is truly a great show & I would recommend this show to anyone who loves a good cartoon. I give this show a 9.5/10!

I would describe this show in six words:

A very good experience

Author: david-jaramillo from United States
27 May 2006

When I first started viewing the show, it did not seem very special or very interesting to me. It had a Spiderman Marvel like plot line for development and was pretty good. I did not get my true appreciation for the show until I started watching the show from the beginning. The Humor and animation are decent, but the show had real and constant character development. There was no straight plot line to the show, but there were unsettling factors that continued throughout the duration of the show. The character development was fast paced enough and occurred enough to get me hooked.

Good job Butch, hook line.

Danny Phantom

Author: sweetangel4eva11 from United States
9 October 2005

Danny Phantom is a very good show. I am totally nuts over it myself, but thats my opinion. It's a show about a 14-going-on-15 boy, named Danny Fenton, who's parents are totally crazy over ghosts, and who's sister is a total nag (like Wanda). Even though his parents are the leading ghost hunters in the world, they fail to see that their own son is half ghost (after walking into his parents 'Fenton (yes, his parents put 'Fenton' in front of everything) Ghost Portal,' he becomes half ghost), but his sister Jazz knows, as well as every ghost in the ghost zone, and his two best friends Sam and Tucker. The whole show is about him fighting the ghosts. It's very action packed, and in two episodes Danny and Sam have a 'fake out make out.' It's a very good show! Created by Butch Hartman, the same guy who created Fairly Odd Parents.

The best show on Nickelodeon!

Author: Sarah from United States
13 January 2007

I'll admit, I watched the premiere episode of Danny Phantom in 2004, and it really didn't make a super-awesome impression on me. Sure, it wasn't bad, but what I remembered the most is how much I didn't really like the theme song.

Although, I flipped through channels one day and stumbled upon it. Why not? It wasn't bad, per se, so I watched it. The next day, and the next, it turned into a habit to watch Danny at five-thirty. Soon I started to obsess; I loved the show more than anything on television. I still do! The characters make me laugh, the stories are really interesting (most; not everything's perfect), and the animation style is just awesome. Unlike so many of the shows on Nick, I can see Danny actually drawing in an audience of ALL ages. I love it (I'm sixteen.), my parents don't mind watching it with me, and I know little kids who love it, too. There are morals in the end, the hero doesn't always win, and the show portrays some of the real stresses of being a teenager. Why are they cancelling this? Danny Phantom has to be the best show they've had on the air for years. I didn't even watch the channel anymore until I got back into DP.

I think they need to realize that if the show isn't bringing in the ratings they want or the money that they want, maybe they should put it back in its old time slot and make some more merchandise that you can actually purchase in a store. (I've never seen any; I don't know about other places.) Hopefully Danny's run won't end this year. It can't be ending in February; there's not enough time to make that happen.

10 out of 10 for the ghost that I sure love the most. =3

Who ya gonna call? Danny Phantom!

Author: mercy_angel_09 from United States
21 December 2005

I came across this channel surfing one afternoon and became intrigued. This wasn't like other newer Nicktoons, this one was of the same quality of when the Nicktoons numbered three, Doug, Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy. "Danny Phantom" comes from the mind of Butch Hartman, the same guy who brought us "The Fairly Odd Parents."

Danny Phantom revolves around the life of fourteen-year-old Daniel "Danny" Fenton, his ghost hunting parents Jack and Maddie, his sixteen-going-on-thirty sister Jazz who thinks she's an adult, and his two best friends: Tucker, resident techno-whiz loudmouth, and Sam, a free-thinking, ultra-recyclo vegetarian Goth girl. Dealing with the normal trial and tribulations of being a freshman at Casper High is hard enough. Dealing with the abnormal trials and tribulations of being half ghost freshman at Casper High only makes thing worse.

The series smartly combines the ordeals of high school (like the mystery meat in the cafeteria, frog dissections, and wanting to be part of the "in" crowd) with the supernatural super hero story of average teenage boy must save the world from those who wish to see is blown clear to the Ghost Zone, not to mention he'd rather be sitting at home playing video games or hanging out at the local water park with his friends. A liberal sprinkling of pop culture references, parodies, and romance only add to the charm and wit of this show.

Fans of "The Fairly Odd Parents" may not find this show worth watching. Aimed at a slightly older crowd, "Danny Phantom" echoes the horror of going through that painstaking first year of high school, with embarrassing parents, overprotective siblings in the senior class, and mediocre grades to boot. Tweens, teens, and college students will most likely find this show interesting and amusing. Anyone younger than thirteen might not get all of the pop-culture references and jokes.

This is Ghostbusters for a new generation, and reminds me of many Saturday mornings spent watching my favorite New York ghost fighting team in action.

One of the best shows on Nick

Author: rachjreyes ( from Manila, Philippines
16 November 2004

Danny Phantom is definitely a winner.

Though it may have its flaws, it is most certainly better than most other shows on Nick (asides Fairly Oddparents and Teenage Robot, to start with)and other cartoon channels.

The sarcasm and humor actually keep you laffin' your butt off for quite awhile. Esp with the repeated teasing that grown-ups can't catch the "lingo" of our generation.

The characters are realistic enough, a "modest" computer-addicted best friend--Tucker, and a Goth activist (I still have to meet a Goth girl who's as interested in greens and amphibians) girl best friend, Sam. I still object to the whole Danny+Sam thing; it won't work.

My school doesn't have a football team so I still don't see what the big deal is with quarterbacks and bullying. Too much time with pigskins, I guess. ;p

Danny Fentem is my supreme favorite cuz he shows 2 sides of himself: the shy Danny Fentem who goes through life trying to get a girlfriend (?) and get by school, and his alter-ego with the unique costume (which fits his identity as a ghost boy)--Danny Phantom. Plus, he's cute (?).

To Mr Hartman: I salute you! Awesome work! ;p

Nice blend of styles

Author: mcfische from Nebraska, USA
10 April 2004

Perhaps this is a bit early for reviewing the series; there have only been three episodes so far; but I quite enjoyed Butch Hartman's latest series DANNY PHANTOM. He definately wanted something different from THE FAIRLY ODDPARENTS. This show is a blend of action/sci-fi cartoons, teen shows, and the wacky, whimsical, unpredictable humor of FOP. It pulls off quite nicely. Each of the characters shows promise, and Danny, Sam, the principal, and Danny's dad have already endeared themselves to me. The action scenes are well-animated and the character designs are nice, if in the mould of FOP. All in all, quite a well-done piece of work. Keep up the good work, Mr. Hartman!

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]