IMDb > You Got Served (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
You Got Served

You Got Served More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 25: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

worst movie ever

Author: coreyg069 ( from United States
23 April 2006

this movie is without question the worst I have ever seen in my life. my girlfriend at the time (now my ex) convinced me that we should go see this movie in the theaters and I was severely irritated. I was furious that I spent $7 apiece for tickets to this steaming load. I was so mad at her for this, but that's besides the point.

the point is that the plot to this movie is so awful that it's comical. the acting is so laughably bad that for a moment I thought perhaps this was all just a big joke. however, a little further into the movie I realized that they were in fact being serious and trying to take themselves seriously as an actor. the director made such poor attempts at subtlety that all that he ends up doing is creating confusion and awkward situations where the characters suppose the audience understands what is going on, when in fact the transitions between scenes are vague and leave out important plot details.

this movie is a joke. truly it is a dark point in cinematic history.

Painful To Watch

Author: BenMTOS from United Kingdom
21 July 2007

This is one of the worst films I've had the misfortune to see. And I've seen Ghostrider. The 'plot' revolves around a "crew" who engage in some kind of dance battle against 'some rich kids from the Orange County', refereed by a man who appears to be very concerned about the possibility of fights between the 2 'crews', but not about the fact that these presumably underage people are gambling up money on the outcome (decided by the crowd). There's also a drug dealer, a sister of one of the members of the 'crew' who goes out with one of the other members of the 'crew' & some little kid who gets killed. Basically the plot is a huge awful mess. The acting is even worse. The cast all looked like they were in pain(maybe this was to sympathise with the viewer). The worst piece of acting in this shambles of a film is by a bloke with crazy hair who wails "You suckas got served" in an ultra chavvy voice. Now, you may be thinking, "Why didn't you just leave, or not watch it at all?". Well, we were forced to see this at school, same with the dreadful Ghostrider. If you enjoy the kind of dancing featured in this film, I'd recommend buying it & skipping all the dire plot & acting. Or just not buy it all. I object to this film being rated, as there isn't a score low enough.

poor movie

Author: vroomm87 from Australia
19 June 2006

story line was absolutely pathetic and all this obsession with these sort of movies. this movie is one movie that i extremely hate and it rates up there with one of the worst I've ever seen. the sad thing is you see people watch it and they get excited when they see one of those poor B2K singers that look more feminine than masculine singing and dancing. even the dancing is poor. I've seen better dancing than that. I hope the producers will never be allowed to make a movie like this again jeez talk about the obsession of new age music its gone way off. what surprisingly annoys me is that the younger generation of society think this was a hit. what is the movie business becoming to? seriously a movie like this should never been allowed to hit the screen its even worse than a B-Grade movie.

We Got Gipped

Author: Brandi Marie ( from United States
21 May 2006

The only reason I went to see this film was because, as teenagers, everyone was hyped to see it and I didn't want to be left out. (Mind you, I was only 13). Sure I liked it at first, but it took a long time for it to sink in that this movie (if I can call it that) is horrid! And then you read that the actors found it easy to get into character! What character? And these people can't even act, with the exception of the grandmother. Meagan Good went from "Eve's Bayou" to this? Don't waste your time or money.

couldn't dance to save itself

Author: nobbytatoes from Australia
6 November 2005

David and Elgin are best friends are apart of a dancing crew. They fight others in the ring, but with dancing; boxing without the punching or violence. They are offered by an O C crew to battle off; a five thousand dollar battle. when they lose the fight they need to figure out how to get out of debt. Growing on their problems is the courier service they do for Emerald. They transport hot goods to drop points, but when one of the bags gets stolen, they are in further debt; owing Emerald.

The story is very simple; it doesn't really get any simpler, but it never mattered when Chris Stokes wrote the script, it probably didn't take him long to write it, as there's endless dancing. We are constantly seeing dancing and it glosses over the paper thin story and plot holes, and very bad acting. It looks like they just wandered off the streets and gave them ten minutes of acting lessons. Plus all the characters are clichéd, stumbling from one predictable situation to the next. Emerald though was missing a white cat for him to stroke; he was so cartoonish and never seemed serious; he was like the fat cat, but without any claws or menace.

Though the dancing is high energy and moves fast, but if you are constantly seeing it, its just one music video basically, not a film. If the dancing was cut down a lot and worked more of thickening the story up, it would have been a lot better and enjoyable. There is such little character development and no underlying stories.

God if you want a 90 min joke, you have your movie. I got served for just watching this. The shame.

This sucks!

Author: booberry_rules from YOUR MOM'S HOUSE
30 March 2007

This dookie turd is a load of crap! It's just a bunch of black guys jumping around and dancing and serving each other. Let me tell you the plot: A guy does something and ends up having to owe some money to some guy but the dude don't have enough money to do it so the guy gets these guys to beat up his friends and then the guy does some more stuff and gets the guy to be dancing in his dance show competition and ends up beating the guy and sleeping with his girl, and then taking over the city for the rest of his life. THE END. That is it. That's this movie summed up in a big old run on sentence. Yeah. So you know this crap sucks. 0/10

Never again seriously

Author: SonofaBeeSting from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
29 July 2005

I mean seriously, I don't even have a review for this movie it was so bad I do have a story.

I saw the trailer for this movie in the theater about a year before this story even took place and when I saw it, I wanted to turn off my life right there it was so bad I didn't make it through the trailer, I just had to leave, any movie that incorporates dancing and idiots in the same movie shouldn't have been made but on with the real story. I come home from work one afternoon, no one is home and I'm really bored I notice there are a couple of rented videos on the top of the TV. I proceed to look at what they are, one happened to be you got served. Sounded good to me. I put it in, within 8 minutes of viewing this movie, I got up and pulled my DVD straight off the shelf walked outside and smashed it over the first person I saw. I have no qualms about saying that this movie ruined my DVD player, no other movie should ever go in there after this travesty. I guess, and it is proved by this movie, that anyone can get money to make a movie about virtually anything. If you value your DVD player, or even your VHS don't watch this or you'll probably have to resort to the measures I did to get this movie out of your life. Forever.

I voted 1 out of 10, put clearly a rating qualified for this movie isn't available on IMDb, the rating is Celebacy, meaning that the actors, writers, crew and directors of this movie should never be able to breed.

One of the worst movies of all time

Author: undercover574 from United States
28 March 2005

Tons of dancing, over acting, use of the word crew, and lots of bad hair. Some where in there they forgot to add a plot or anything that makes the movie worth watching. Every event is predictable and there is nothing in this film worth taking note of. One of the major turn offs was the fact that all, and I stress the word all, actors in this movie tried overly hard to be "cool" which made for awkward scenes and ignorant script lines. It was almost impossible to sit through this entire film and I was glad to see when it was over... which the end of the movie, where the credits roll, was the best part. I would rate this a negative 1 but it wont allow it.

From the acting to the directing to the script and all things in between, this film is without a doubt, one of the top five worst movies I've seen in my life.

Author: rupture10 from United States
23 December 2005

The only reason i voted 1 of 10 was because there is no 0 option. This is the worst attempt at a drama movie in at least 10 years. I would honestly feel more comfortable watching a slow-motion home video of a man attempting to record excrement leaving his anus. Besides the fact that this follows every cliché African-American 'dance-off' or 'underground-rapper' movie ever made, it also contains poor actors, horrible writers, sick direction, and music excessively over-used. They remixed Beethoven, just so you can get a clue. I would save 10 dollars and my dignity by not buying, and won't dream of renting, a DVD or VHS of this. This is probably the tape that killed the people in The Ring, which by the way is horrible as well. DON'T WATCH THIS!

The most enjoyable dance movie for me

Author: theotsi7 from Greece
26 March 2012

This movie is way better than step up 1, 2 and 3 and other dance films like those. Way better! After i saw it i start to watch the other movies of that kind with a "different eye". The dancers are awesome and the choreographs great! The music in it also! I cant understand why this movie is so underrated. OK the scenario about competitions is a lil bit "clishe" but even if it is i really liked this movie. It is not a love story again like always the strong part of it like the most movies of this kind. It is about music, and the passion of dancing! And the battles seemed too real to be fake that could make you wanter. Then i saw an interview of "David" who said: It was so real the whole thing in that dance ring that everyone wanted to battle and win for real, even when we knew the winner from before. And it seems exactly like that to a viewer who watches it. If you like hip hop music and dancing... Then you got to see "You Got Served" for sure! I have seen it about 9-10 times. I can see it more in the future. Trust me, it worths it. The most realistic and awesome hip hop dance movie ever.