IMDb > You Got Served (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
You Got Served

You Got Served More at IMDbPro »

Page 20 of 25: [Prev][15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

You Got Served

Author: Hine Raumati Williams from New Zealand
31 July 2005

1st of all I don't know why everybody's calling this the worst movie ever,because no one in their right mind would say this movie is as worse then stupid movies like The Grudge.The dancing is awesome, the acting is superior compared to movies: I know what you did last summer etc, and the actors aren't that bad but i've seen worse.This movie is easy to follow and is not as mindless as other dance movies like Honey which I thought was crap.Personally I love this movie and I think anyone whose says this movie is 1 of the worst movies ever made I suggest they watch sh**t movies like Signs, The Grudge, Crossroads, Honey etc. then you'll see You Got Served will clearly over rate crap movies like that.

Great film

Author: i_wanna_b_bad87 from United Kingdom
30 June 2005

I don't think this movie was bad at all, i thought marques Houston and the boys from b2k were quite good at acting in it for I'm guessing there first film. You got served was never shown at the cinemas in england but i had been dying to see it because i like them even though they also ain't that heard of over here. The main part of film is obviously about the dancing and they do some really good battles, i am bad at dancing so i just sat there like wow. The story line wasn't all bad either, basically about an over protective brother having too much pride to go back on his angry words. It includes some big names like Lil Kim, Steve Harvey and choreographer wade Robson and Jennifer freeman from my wife and kids. If you like this kind of dancing and urban music you will like this film, it has a great soundtrack with music from b2k mainly, jhene, marques Houston, atl etc. Enjoy!

excellent

Author: poubelle84 from Belgium
5 April 2005

For sure, if you don't like dance and music, you won't like this movie. I like that! I think it's a very very good movie ! I can't understand why it's voted so bad... Don't worry. If you like movies with lots of music, or if you're a dancer, you'll love this movie! :) So go go go! Don't worry about what people voted ;o) For sure, if you don't like dance and music, you won't like this movie. I like that! I think it's a very very good movie ! But if you just like movies with guns and violence, or just the loves stories, don't think you'll like this movis... But if you like music, or if like dance, you'll love this movie! :) So go go go! Don't worry about what people voted ;o) I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

U Got Served

Author: freekykid2000 from United States
5 March 2005

I liked this movie pretty much but not all of it. The point where Omarion and Marcus Houston got in a fight was dumb. I didn't like that part. They should of put the scene where they shot Lil Saint so the movie will have a little of a point. I think that Omarion and Houston weren't good actors. They should make a U Got Served 2 and add more drama between Wayne and add more less drama between Omarion and Houston. In You Got Served 2, they should add more tough moves to make the audience in aw. They should Get Krump in the movie also, because this is a new dance move. They should add Tight Eyes as the krumper and add him in David and Ele's crew to beat Wayne's crew.

Great Movie

Author: sweet_amie from Australia
31 January 2005

I have see You Got Served and i think it is a great movie. In fact it is my all time favorite movie actually. People say to me that it is a bad or horrible movie well have they ever made a movie like this before. They just don't realize how long this movie would have taken to produce and i can't wait to see if there is a second movie coming out. I never saw or heard about this movie until i had asleep over at my friends house and we watched it over and over again. I have just recently bought this film as it is my type of movie. It is about groups dancing against each other for money but in the middle of the film there are a few ups and downs, i believe the people who don't like this movie must be old or just stupid as i love it.

The Best Dance Movie Ever

Author: Brooke from Australia
28 January 2005

'You Got Served' is such a great movie that shows the great dancing talent of young people today. Each of the dancers on this movie are deeply talent and are definitely going far in their dancing career. The storyline is one that I'm sure many can relate too. The talent of these dancers is just amazing not like any old Joe bog. Anybody who says they are not good must not understand the art of dance. Street dancing is one of the greatest forms of dancing.The bad guy in the movie is an example of a typical robber. The crew would have been devastated to find that their moves and been stolen and to be led in by one of their members. This is a great movie for all to see.An inspiration to all dancers young and old.

pfft...love it

Author: starlasunlight from Ireland
14 January 2005

I loved 'You Got Served'. I'm a massive R&B fan so it is probably easier for me to immediately like this film. I think Chris Stokes just wrote this film, went to studios and then BAM B2K were in on it and it went from there. As some have said the acting leaves a lot to be desired. Jennifer Freeman and Marques Houston and Steve Harvey are the only half decent actors in this.

Why oh why does Lil Kim have to be in this film? She frightens me so much. She wears no clothes, has no figure and is as scary as Sly Stallone's mother Jackie.

All in all I loved the film for the dancing, some acting and songs. The soundtrack is banging.

10 outa 10

Author: leighft from kent, england
29 August 2004

i wish this film was longer,

i don't usually like dancing films ,but this was worth watching,

the soundtrack is great,

i do think that the story line were the two lads wasn't talking should have been more longer with some effort from the film makers, but it was good to watch, nice moves from the lads,

i though it was well worth watching and i would recommend this film , if u like this sort of street dancing,then this films for you!! this is a movie i would keep in my DVD collection and watch over and over again, you will either love it or hate it,

I can't believe you people!

Author: xxcoolchickxx2004 (xxcoolchickxx2004@yahoo.com) from Hamtramck, Michigan (USA)
15 August 2004

I just spent the past 20 minutes reading all your comments, and you people, well most of you, obviously, are not teens. This movie is particularly made for teens. This movie has dance moves that teens love, it has a popular boy band B2K, that teenage girls love. And I even read somewhere that someone didn't know what the phrase "You Got Served" meant. That makes it so obvious that you aren't from a place where people talk ghetto.

Now back to the actually movie review, the movie was awesome, the acting was awesome, the plot was awesome. The whole movie was pretty much awesome. I mean I know that the movie doesn't apply to people over the age of 19-20. But you really shoudn't be critizizing it. You all may think that I'm a teen, and I am, I'm 13 and I personally really loved this movie.To me there are no spoilers in this movie! I do recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of B2K's, or likes dance moves. To Chris Stokes: Great Job on this movie! Thank You very much for making a movie really applies to people living in rich areas, so they can see how people in ghetto areas talk and do things.

This movie was more about the dance

Author: dragon_fayce from United States
10 June 2006

I give it an 8 simply because it conveyed a part of street dance that most movies (including Honey) couldn't do. It gave future dancers a platform of what to look when they feel like picking up some moves. The movie itself relates more to dancers than to non-dancers who only went to see the movie for a plot. As a dancer, I knew the plot would suck, but the dancing was outstanding. Most of these guys had never acted before this so let's cut them some slack. The movie is 2 years old and STILL it's being referred to when talking about some of the best dance movies of all times. It even surpasses Save The Last Dance and that movie actually had trained actors in it and it still managed to suck big time.