IMDb > You Got Served (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
You Got Served

You Got Served More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 25: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [Next]

Plot wasn't that bad, but this movie was not made for a good plot

Author: TheNatAttack from Canada
10 January 2005

Only those who like dancing for the art would like this movie, this movie was not to be made for the acting, it was for the dancing, appreciate that aspect of the movie and you would enjoy it. The acting wasn't that bad anyhow, the plot was sketchy, but else can you incorporate into a movie about dancing. Look at Save The Last Dance, along the same plot, best friends break up, drive by's etc. The wost acting in this was by the character Wade and his patsy boy, but all the others were decent, and where else are you going to see Lil Kim in as much clothing as she was wearing ha-ha. Have an open mind when watching this movie.

the 15th worst movie of all times?

Author: simon thome from Tampa, US
28 October 2004

I saw it short after it release and I went with 10 of my friends cause we were stunned by the trailer and all of this crazy dancing scenes. Well, actually there was no mention of the "surrounding plot", which later turned out to be brainless teenage garbage mixed with some b/w feud. It is critical in such a movie where the groups are mostly divided by skin color that Lil'kim later predictably emphasizes that she wants the blacks to win the tournament. OK I have to point out I'm white, so although I disliked the white braggers cause they were presented in an unsportsmanlike manner. Well well in fact I did unfortunately forget to mention the real "story" played by so-called "actors" which such a refreshing "skill" and such a delightful "humor" and such a "happy end". The story is nonsense completely so I don't even rate it. The choreographies of the dancing scenes are wonderfully directed and performed so I guess 4 points as overall score might fit.

And head back to the original topic of my comment, I don't assume this is one of the worst movies "bottom 15th" that's a bit too blatant.

We all got served a bad movie but not nearly as bad as how IMDb users say.

Author: Eliason_Collateral10 from Ottawa, Canada
9 October 2004

You Got Served stars tons of no-name dancers... I mean actors and is directed by Chris Stokes... whoever he is. This movie has a cameo by Steve Harvey however that's not a good enough reason to really watch this film, even finish it. Really the guy needs any desperate cameo he can get to keep his career busy.

Stuffed with dancers, not actors, this 90-minute dance-fest is a cheap accuse for a movie. However that cameo by Steve Harvey is all right and there is some basketball that gives the tiresome dancing a break. The break-dancing is all right for the first 5 minutes but it gets old and stale after that. The movie is also stuffed with no-names and a weak plot that gets brutally extended by 85 minutes or more.

The critics were right on this one; this movie has a weak plot as it's foundation but dancers and dance fans will love it. This really could have been a TV movie and would have gotten out of the way of all of us but instead is a film that missed basic elements of a film that you can see a Disney movie fulfill with its 90-minute crapfests for kids.

Overall, this definitely is a bad movie but probably doesn't deserve it's incredibly low position of #14 on the IMDb Bottom 100. The name could have been better, and this movie really didn't know what its genre was. I mean let's face it, where have we heard the term "dance battle" from before?

Only see this movie if: ...stuck on a bus, ...got tons of time to kill, ...you're a dancer.

-My Rating: 2.5/10 (A Low 2.5);

(There have been better black movies out there.)

Eliason A.

The best of the worst movies ever.

Author: voodoowitchdoctor from Toronto, Canada
28 July 2004

This was one of those movies that I saw in hopes of being able to laugh at it. I ended up on the floor. The plot moves so fast that I thought it might be over in 30 minutes but it is all about the dance scenes. After being "served" by a female dancer a guy in a Blazers jersey steps up, runs his fingers up this girl, and turns to his boys. He then knocks them over like dominos with the apparent stink on his fingers. Needless to say she wasn't happy with being served. Meanwhile, all the scenes involving the vague reference to drug sales are so dumbed down as if for family viewing. I hear that there is a push to label this movie the worst ever? It is so bad it is great. It could take a couple of those top 250 out.

B-A-D, just shockingly horrible. Why? For the love of God, why?

Author: Sweet_Ophelia from Australia
26 July 2004

Chris Stokes should be taken out back and shot. Or better yet, strap him to a chair and make him watch 'You got served', God knows that's a worse punishment. Basically, a bunch of break-dancing kids who talk tough but wear designer labels and have apparently no limit on their mobile phone's need to make some cash fast (?). They lost $5,000 in a rigged break-dancing contest because one of their 'boys' back-stabbed them, showing all their moves to the opposing team (this little story-line is never followed up).

I dont know why i wasted 2 hours of my life watching this film, i mean, just look at the cast listing; Lil' Fizz, Raz B, J-Boog...for pity sake, Lil' Kim?! I know, I'm stupid; but with no due respect, those of you who actually enjoyed this film are even dumber than I am.

The break-dancing is mediocre at best; it's nothing new or even interesting, it's just the same old junk you see everyday in music video's on MTV. Big whoop. The really sad thing is that all this dancing is supposed to be the back-bone of the film. HA!

The leads in the film are some kids from a pop-band i've never heard of called B2K. Enough said. Omarion (who the hell?) is pretty shocking... I think he was reading his lines from cue-cards the whole time. But Jennifer Freeman is even worse-it's like watching cardboard talk.

dont watch this film. please, i beg you, for your own safety, just dont.

Title alone

Author: arric from Erie, PA
11 March 2004

I haven't even seen this movie. Yet simple based on the title alone, which for me is battling Ballistic: Ecks vs.Sever as worst movie title EVER, I have to get it an honorary 1. Wish I could give it a negative 4.

Yes I have seen the previews and this looks like a male version of that stupid-ass cheerleader movie Bring it On. Why don't they simply call it "No You Dzind't" (say it phonetically and wag your head and finger) and get it over with. Has street culture so permeated all culture that even a freaking "dance off" can be made to be badass?

Please.

look past the horrible acting/writing & watch the dancing

Author: Tina (jedirider@hotmail.com) from Lexington, KY, United States
15 December 2005

Look. Not all movies are going to try to change the world. If you just take this movie for what it is - a showcase of amazing dancing - you can ignore the very cheesy acting, not to mention the horrible script. I originally saw this movie in the theatre & people were standing up & cheering during the opening dance-off which takes place in the first 2 minutes of the movie. There are so many points during this movie where you will be yelling at the TV & reaching for the remote because you won't be able to believe what you just saw. Not everybody will enjoy this film; I'll be the first one to admit that the story is super predictable & the acting is bad, but, if you're like me & you love dancing, especially break dancing, you won't even notice the other shortcomings of this film.

If you don't like break dancing please step AWAY from the movie :)

Author: SCViper from Romania
15 April 2005

First let's get a few things straight: the acting is horrible, the dialogs are absolutely awful, but the dance scenes, choreography and moves are fantastic. If you like break dancing and have a fast forward button on the remote you'll just LOVE this movie, but if you don't like break dancing don't even bother renting it. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for the dancing parts, and a 3 out of 10 for the rest of the movie (believe it or not, the acting is not the absolute worst I've ever seen) so a happy average of 6 (in my "break dancing fan" opinion) is suitable.

Conclusion: watch only if you like break dancing.

A long music video, not bad for dance/music lovers ...not good for movie lovers

Author: K J from Toronto, Canada
10 December 2004

This film focuses on the typical hardships of ghetto youths (perhaps too typical) trying to survive in their rough conditions. You have the usual street basketball games, drug dealing and the typical monstrously scary crime boss.

The story attempts to invite certain conflicts in the script, however the majority of conflicts are very predictable and amateur in nature. Yet, I find the dance moves in the movie were very well choreographed. This fact saves the movie from a complete failure in my eyes. I found myself rewinding and replaying parts of this movie a couple times. My rating: 5/10.

Number 10 On The Worst Movie Of All Time List?

Author: leighabc123 from Portsmouth, Virginia
9 September 2004

Spoilers Ahead!!

Yes! This was a horrible movie with a horrible plot and obvious stunt people doing every dance move. But why was this movie #10 on the worst movie of all time list? It had "Bat Man" fly Meagan Good and fly Jennifer Freeman in it. The plot was so predictable! Everyone should have known that Marques Houston's group was going to win the $50,000 prize. However they deserved to lose the $5000 at the beginning. Why was Marques so stupid to borrow $5000 from his old grandma anyway? Those Vanilla Ice wannabe boys deserved to lose! I was so glad the other group got revenge on them. Steve Harvey was not funny at all in this movie. And this movie proves once again that Lil Kim cannot act worth a lick!