IMDb > "Lilo & Stitch: The Series" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Lilo & Stitch: The Series"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Lilo & Stitch: The Series" More at IMDbPro »

Stitch is #1

Author: bbSouthstreet from United States
20 September 2003

I just saw this show this morning and I have to say this is the best idea for a Saturday morning cartoon since House of Mouse. It has comedy, adventures and proves that the saying, "Everyone has a place in this world," is true blue. Lilo and Stitch is the best show on TV for the fall lineup. Can't wait to see more episodes.

It's fun!

Author: klchu from California
17 November 2003

I was a big fan of the original movie, and I did like the video sequel (which is really just the pilot for the series). Some people compare the series/sequel to Pokemon, but I don't think that is fair. The series is quite good and stands on its own. While not every episode is a gem, a good majority of them are. Sure, they are fun for the kids, but there are also lots of inside/adult/meta jokes that only older people will get. There are lots of similarities to Animaniacs, if you liked them. One nice change is the Pleakley character. In the first two movies, he was just kind of there, but in the series, he gets many of the funniest lines. I'm talking about laugh out loud funny, too.

So, if you are a fan of Lilo and Stitch, check out the series! It's fun!

Animation quality not up to the movie, but...

Author: MrsSpooky from Orlando, FL
10 August 2004

I always wondered how they would follow up on the movie - it was wonderful and had the perfect ending. The problem is, I'm one of these people who always wants to know what happens to the characters when the movie is over. Thankfully, Disney gave us Lilo & Stitch, the Series.

The animation in the series is nowhere NEAR the quality that we saw in the movie, but the stories are engaging and often hilarious. I totally enjoy the continued adventures of Lilo & Stitch and their friends - and it's cool to see the 625 experiments that went before our beloved experiment 626.

This show is good for kids, but has lots of great stuff for adults to appreciate.

I really enjoy this show

Author: David_l_s from Ontario, Canada
14 October 2004

I want to comment to say that this show is a very unique show...it has our favorite characters and that the show creators and cast have united to bring us fresh new episodes of Lilo and Stitch.I really enjoy this show and I want to tribute Chris Sanders and the whole cast and crew of the movie and series...Good Job Everyone and a special thanks to Disney Pictures and Television/Buena Vista Inc.I wake up every Saturday to watch a episode of Lilo and Stitch and see what experiment they catch during the episode.My favorites are too many to say..but as before it's a wonderful show and I'm very proud of it.Thanks for the further adventures of Lilo and Stitch and I want to make a truly special shoutout to Daviegh Chase and Jeff Bennett..Congratulations on all your success.

If Stitch was ex. 626, what happened to the other 625?

Author: RoxanneRichie from United States
21 June 2007

Lilo and Stitch is one of the coolest Disney Channel shows ever! the real idea behind the show is that Jumba had the other experiments, Stitch's prototypes, dehydrated and put into a big container. eventually, the container gets opened and the pods are scattered throughout Kaui, the Hawaiian island Lilo lives on. Lilo and Stitch have to try to catch all the experiments before Hamsterveil, Jumba's old lab partner, and former Captain Gantu does.

It is a beautiful show and actually has some cute take-offs from things like Jurrasic Park and Fantastic Voyage. I really like the theme song and sing it every time I watch. My all-time favorite experiments are Stitch,625, and Angel. A favorite series exchange was actually said by Kim Possible in the crossover episode, Rufus: when Jumba says " You're Possible Kim, yes?" Kim said"No-I mean yes,am Possible Kim... Why are we talking like this?" I wouldn't have started to watch Disney Channel if not for Lilo and Stitch.

Too bad it only lasts for 65 episodes...

Author: ratso_rios from Australia
30 October 2006

Lilo & Stitch: The Series is the best ever TV show, and if I have compared it with the movie, then the series would have been one-third better. However, if there are some things that need changing, it's the number of episodes - because 65 episodes are not enough and I mean it. I heard it over the web at http://lilo.savedisneyshows.org And mostly, I was thinking of an alternate theme song for the series if you think the original theme song is annoying or just plain bad. But despite all that, Lilo & Stitch is the best TV show ever, and I'm not alone - I have met very few people my age who sometimes catch the odd episode. Well, despite being aimed at kids, the series is the best thing I have ever seen. What I like about it is for the alien experiments (maybe they should have a spin off series too, if permitted.) :)

Lilo and Stitch is a great show

Author: Cutelizzy from United States
20 July 2006

I really like the show Lilo and Stitch because it's pretty funny, and something about it makes me want to watch it to see what the next experiment will be. The only thing I don't really like about it is the plot. In every episode, it's the same. Find experiment, capture it with Gantu right behind them, and find it's perfect home. But I have to admit that while the plot is the same in every episode, it's still very original. I think most of the experiments are really cute and their powers are really creative.

Lilo lives with her sister Nani, and often causes trouble while trying to capture experiments with her loyal, lovable, and evil pet "dog" Stitch. When they find an experiment, they try to capture it before Gantu, who work for Hamsterveil, an evil hamster. Once they capture it, they turn it good and find it's true place.

Cool

Author: thorongil89 from United Kingdom
27 January 2007

9/10 because nothings perfect, although Stitch is a lovable and funny character, balanced out by a full and diverse cast. The various story-lines of the episodes differ enough to keep the audience guessing how kilo and stitch will capture the next one and has enough familiarity within each one to ensure younger viewers enjoy the content.

Many laughs available from many different episodes, backed up by several movies which are equally as, if not more enjoyable than the episodes. My only wish is that the USA's 'Leroy and Stitch' comes to the UK.

the second best Disney series

Author: Jun-yah Fong from Spain
23 June 2006

i love this excellent show because of the history: search the 625 experiments that Jumba made to Hamsterviel; the extremely good humor, specially the incredible things that make silly things by Pleakly and Jumba.

the series cant finish now, it must finish showing 628 and all the stitch's cousins in the home that they belong i would like to have all the experiments like pets, because their evil uses are very original and funny.

my favorite episode is that one of spikes, that makes everyone get silly, i couldn't stop laughing

Like the Second Movie, is Nowhere Close to the Original

Author: blizshadow1 from Lithonia, Georgia
17 September 2004

The original concept of "Lilo and Stitch" is simple, yet bursting with genius. Take the old "boy and his dog" routine, except replace the boy with a lonely girl, the dog with an evil, yet huggable blue alien, and set this all in Hawaii. Add fun music, play your cards right, and you have one of the best Disney movies of the new century. Naturally with this movie's success, a sequel was bound to happen. Now we all know Stitch is Experiment 626. What about the other 625? What can they do? You have the basis for a good story that turned into nothing but a simple marketing ploy with little thought put into it. And unlike most Disney flicks, the sequel set the tone for a possible TV show.

Like the movie, the plot of the series is for Lilo and Stitch to hunt down the other 623 experiments floating around the island before Gantu can get his greedy paws on them, convert them to good, and find the one place they all belong on the island. I admit, although I was skeptical of the movie, I was virtually ecstatic that Disney was making a TV show on this idea. I love the oldies: "101 Dalmatians," "Raw Toonage," Tale Spin," "Timon and Pumbaa," yada yada yada, and thought to give it a shot. Like the movie, this series is too bland to satisfy my taste for something as likable as the original.

First of all, it's too predictable. They confront a creature and turn it to good, learn a moral in the process, done. However there have been a few times, emphasis on few, that Gantu has succeeded against them. Secondly, a lot of characters seem out of character. In the first movie, Gantu was a strong, important, and disciplined military leader. Now, he's bumbling, clumsy, silly, and lost my respect. Pleakley and Jumba, who had very good comedic value to add, are now repetitive and boring. The only characters who remain virtually the same are Stitch and Lilo. Also, for such a grand saga that Disney created, you think they could have a bigger, better, more menacing villain than the small alien rodent, Dr. Hamsterveil. In plain words, he's downright annoying.

Now throughout my ranting, there are a few things I love about the series too. 625, the "sandwich-making freak", has lasting appeal and is actually very funny in my opinion, and gives the show a little more reason to watch. Also, it's fun seeing all those experiments run amuck on the island. They're all lovable. And of course, Stitch. How can we forget him? He's still that evil, loving creature and always will be, no matter how much Disney destroys him.

In conclusion: "Lilo and Stitch: The Series" is nothing more than a simple sequel to the sequel that will only be loved by small kids and hard-core fans of the blue UFO, and even a few of them choose to tune this one out. Like every show, it has its moments, but not enough to do justice to the first movie. It's like the Disney version of "Pokemon", predictable and too kid-friendly. I love Stitch and his mysterious, funny babbling to death, but Disney fails us again.