IMDb > "Drake & Josh" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Drake & Josh"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Drake & Josh" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Very funny show!

Author: Robbie14 from Long Island
18 January 2004

When it seemed like Nickelodeon was going downhill with their recent shows, they pull off a really good one! That show is Drake and Josh. The story goes like this: Drake Parker lives with his mom and little sister, Megan. Josh Nichols lives with his dad. The mom and dad have been dating, and had made a decision to get married, not to the delight of Drake. Josh is a goody tooshoes, while Drake is a hard rock kid. As for Megan, she's just full of schemes and pranks! Drake Bell and Josh Peck have very good on-air chemistry, which makes for a good show! A thumbs up to Nickeldeon!

My new favorite show on nick

Author: (oto9772@yahoo.com) from United States
2 August 2004

I have watched nickelodeon from its high days with rugrats, all that, cat dog, brothers garcia and are you afraid of the dark. I would have to say that 4 out of the 5 of these have died and even though all that continues, its just not the same as it once was. Lately I've been changing the channel from nick just because there is nothing quality on. But this show (Drake & Josh) has brought back nickelodeons oldtime magic. The show that i first expected not to be worth watching, actually turned out to be the show that i watch most on TV. If i see it on as i'm passing through channels, i'll stop and watch. This show combines funny situations with almost no corny parts in it, different from most of nick's comedys. Though it may not have total laugh out loud moments, it is funny just to watch the two totally different brothers react with all of the problems that come their way. Regardless it i definitely worth watching. Next time you see it on just take the time to stick with it, i bet you'll like it.

Hope it stays on on air for a few years.

Author: Roxburyfunny1
8 February 2004

I like this show a lot. Drake Bell and Josh Peck have such a great chemistry on screen together that it was only common knowledge that they get their show together. Their show will make you laugh and think while you watch the two characters try to become step-brothers while having to deal with teenage life and their bratty little sister. A cute show for all. I recommend this story to people who are looking for something to watch on a Sunday night! ~!

Hug Me, Brotha

Author: CarolStarr from USA
31 July 2005

Nickelodeon may have created this show for the tweenie and younger crowd, but it is a guilty pleasure of many people over the intended age demographic.

The synopsis of the show is that Drake's Mom marries Josh's Dad and the boys who have known each other since fourth grade become brothers. The show was created by Dan Schneider who played Dennis Blunden on the '80s ABC sitcom, "Head of the Class".

Drake Bell (Drake Parker) and Josh Peck (Josh Nichols) have a great chemistry together and make a great comedic duo.

They don't show the parents often, but Audrey Parker-Nichols (Nancy Sullivan) and Walter Nichols (Jonathan Goldstien) do a great job as the average American parents in the suburbs. I wish the writers would give them more to do since they are capable actors and not just props for the younger stars to interact with on occasion.

Sure some of the plot lines are silly due to the Y7 rating and the sometimes character growth is slow, but this is a great sitcom that the whole family can watch.

Some high points include:

*Any episode where Josh blows his top at Drake. *Any musical episode that showcases not only Drake Parker's talents but the real life Drake Bell who is a musician in real life as well as an actor. *Megan (Miranda Cosgrove) is a hoot and plays her role as the "evil" Megan Parker to the hilt. *Yvette Nicole Brown as Josh's boss Helen is hilarious as well.

This show is for the young and the young-at-heart.

Great show

Author: molly_jo36 from Seattle, WA
16 August 2005

This is a great show for kids and adults. The humor is very similar to Boy meets World and is funny for any age.

I'm 19 myself and I enjoy watching it with my little sister. The pranks Drake,Josh,and Megan play having me laughing out loud.

I love that two boys that are suddenly brothers have to share a room and learn to get along even though they are complete opposites. I think it really shows kids how to handle situations in real life but all the while it still has some silliness in the mix. The people from Nick are geniuses for giving Drake Bell and Josh Peck their own show. Watch it, I promise, you'll enjoy it.

good show

Author: clairebolton101 from United Kingdom
28 July 2005

After reading the previous reviewer's posts i came to the conclusion that they don't give many good reviews...

i get some good laughs from the show and think the actors are funny and suit the roles. traditional American teenage series plots that always make me laugh. people are always putting down teenage series' and personally i don't mind them. they are all aimed at teenagers and people forget that the plots are not meant to be realistic or life-like. but i advise those who don't enjoy the show to just not watch it and stop ranting about it and spoiling it for other viewers who enjoy the show.

Claire, 13, UK.

I love this show!

Author: Kenzinakie Guznavi from American Samoa
19 September 2005

This show is very exceptional! I think that you should view it. The person whom has commented above me probably just saw a bad episode, or was on drugs!The acting was 1st class, and after both characters previously being on the Amanda Show, their acting has just grown better. If you happen to be in a less than satisfactory demeanor, than you should watch Drake and Josh. If you watch the show and seem to have distaste in it, than maybe you should choose a program better suited to your individual taste. Not to mention the unstated fact that in the more recent episodes, the main character, Drake, is undoubtedly HOT! Josh- well, I think they chose him to be more on the funny side. But still, this program is most certainly one to be viewed.

Pretty much the best show ever

Author: interesting_drug from United Kingdom
25 September 2005

I couldn't recommend this show enough. If you want to watch TV that offers sheer, unadulterated enjoyment then you need to see this show. It's hilarious, feel-good and uplifting. Dan Schneider struck gold when he came up with idea of giving these two a show. Josh Peck and Drake Bell were originally on the nowhere near as funny Amanda show, and their characters in this are essentially exaggerated versions of themselves. Drake is a smooth talking, guitar playing ladies' man whereas Josh is the polar opposite. The chemistry between the two is amazing. The humour in the show walks the line between so bad it's good, and just plain good. There are many classic moments that I can't even begin to pick out individual ones. The only downside to the programme is that when I'm watching it's so amazing and so feel-good that when it's over I just want to die. Absolute perfection and those who say otherwise are pretty much plain wrong.

One of my most favourite TV shows...Hug me brotha

Author: springsunnywinter from United Kingdom
6 November 2007

This is not only the best TV-series on Nickelodeon but also the best TV-series ever!!! When the first time I've seen it I absolutely fell in love with it and I never miss a single episode. Every episode is very, very entertaining, funny and has an amazing story. Another thing I really like about the show is when Drake & Josh talk to the audience about each other before it starts because it builds up the funny mood. They both act really well, Drake's acting is definitely original and Josh's acting is quite similar to Jim Carry when he makes a lot of face expressions but it suits him and I really like both of them.

The first episode I've seen was when Josh moved in Drake's house and came into his room and said "These bed sheets match my pyjamas" and I was rolling on the ground with laughter also near the end when Josh said "I gave good advice while wearing pants". The writers always have been clever since it started and I would also like to give them credit. I also like the song "I found a way" which is written and performed by Drake Bell.

Overall it is one of my most favourite TV shows and do not fall for anyone who has given it lower than 8 out of 10 because they have no sense of humour. I recently seen the new extended episode called "The really big shrimp" which made me happy.

Drake and Josh rock

Author: a_d_b_brat from United States
9 September 2005

I don't care what other people say if your a fan of the TV-Series all that then your like Drake and Josh.

This spin off of The Amanda Show,stairs Drake Bell and Josh Peck who were regular performers on the cancelled Nickelodeon variety show hosted by comedy actress Amanda Bynes

Drake and Josh also stairs Miranda Cosgrove from school of Rock.

In the show Drake and Josh are schoolmates, but not close friends. Drake views Josh as weird and a bit of a goof. So, imagine Drake's shock when he finds out that this "goof" is about to become his new step-brother and roommate when his mother marries Josh's father.

I love the show. I plain on buying the season DVD. Every episode I try to watch.

But don't take my word for it watch Drake and Josh on Nicklodeon for yourself don't let these bad or good reviews make up your mind of you, watch it.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]