IMDb > "Miss Match" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Miss Match"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Miss Match" More at IMDbPro »

cute and funny!

Author: pri_e from Sydney, Australia
9 July 2004

I cannot believe that the ABC cancelled this show because I think its fantastic, the whole cast give such a great performance and I love the concept of the lawyer/match maker. Who could not fall in love with the story of Kate and Michael?! I was really surprised when I heard that the show was put on hiatus after 11 episodes because seriously there are some U.S shows which should have been put on permanent hiatus a long, long time ago (hint..charmed). If the ABC had any kind of entertainment sense and value they would re-instate the show.

Alicia Silverstone does a really good job in this show ans I love the chemistry she had with David Conrad

Miss Match is a great show!!

Author: jenni adame (hellojenni@yahoo.com) from Texas
15 May 2004

Miss Match is a humorous, dramatic, relatable and all around likeable show. If you haven't seen the episodes that aired from September to December you have definetely missed out. Miss Match is the story of Kate Fox (played by Alicia Silverstone) a young divorce attorney who moonlights as a match maker. She practices law at her father's(played by Ryan O'Neil) law office. Kate and her fellow divorce lawyer, Nick (played by James Roday)bump heads and are always differ on opinions on cases they work on. Kate is best friends with Victoria, (played by Lake Bell) a bartender. Then, there's Michael,(played by David Conrad) the guy who Kate may or may not end up with. Every episode Kate is asked by different individuals, all in different situations to match themselves or someone close to them with a suitable partner. A few examples are: A woman asks Kate to find a match for her fiancee' to make sure that he really does want to get married to her, since she is the only woman he has ever dated. A mother asks Kate to find a match for her daughter who is gay. A woman from India asks Kate to find a match for her according to her astrological sign before she is forced to have an arranged marriage by her parents. Plus, we have the ups and downs of Kate's personal relationships with men, her parents, her clients, her coworkers and friends. The title song of Miss Match is nicely sung by Macy Gray. All in all this show is a must see on NBC!! Unfortunately not enough people have tuned in to see Miss Match. It has not been on the air since December.

It has not been officially cancelled but there is no return date scheduled at this time. Hopefully, NBC will bring it back this summer with the remainder episodes and new episodes in the fall. If you haven's seen Miss Match please give it a chance. If you liked Alicia Silverstone in Clueless, you will love this!!

Perfeclty matched in every way...WHY WAS THIS CANCELLED?

Author: sajeeva sinniah from Sri Lanka
15 March 2005

It is usually these unique shows that stand out - a story and plot which no one has ever witnessed will always be captivating, attention gaining and a ratings hit. Well it seems that this show failed to achieve these traits as it was cancelled just after one season. Alicia Silverstone is just brilliant -her character Kate Fox - coincidently quite similar but mature to the Cher Horowitz she played 8 years prior to this show, is not an every show character, and it was played to perfection - a well deserved Golden Globe Nomination. I guess it was just quite a crime to cancel this - all it needed was a few more seasons and the character 'Kate Fox' would have created icon status.

Gee.. I was browsing for season 2 but....

Author: si_madam from Indo
12 July 2005

Its funny..i just finished watching the last episode of season 1 and went to the net to check season 2... 'DING'... did not find anything... Whaaa?? it was canceled... I was devastated... its my favorite show! Alicia did good, so as the other cast member. I don't understand? the story is good, funny and refreshing and light, heck i'm just sooo bored with reality blablabla shows...

If u haven't watch this show, GO watch it! and u will know what I mean... it is really good... I often find my self smiling while watching 'Kate'

so is this really the end?

hopefully people will tune

Author: Francisco Flores from Quito, Ecuador
4 November 2003

I have to say I'm impressed by this show, it's not dumb at all and I think is the best new comedy of the year, hopefully people will tune and it won't get canceled. The performances are great, specially Alicia Sylverstone who I think is one of the most beautiful woman in the planet. a great show, fun, light and still deep.

Hit Match!!

Author: fuk_yeee from Belfast, Northern Ireland
6 March 2004

Kate Fox, a divorce attorny who dabbles in matchmaking couples on the side (how controversial and so not cliche), the show is absolutely great and what a better lead than Alicia Silverstone, who is a great actress. The show always has something fun, new and exciting to offer the viewers and with recent special guest stars such as Charisma Carpenter the show just offers a new spice to the dull, boring shows which can run for many seasons. Give the show a chance Darren Star is a great creator of such shows as Sex and the city and Beverly Hills "90210"! Watch it as Alicia brings a lot of laughs to the table with her funny girlish screams and limericks, PURE ENTERTAINMENT!

Light and fun

Author: (gleywong@erols.com) from Maryland, USA
27 September 2003

Miss Match is light and fun, and touches just enough on serious themes (like fear of being alone) so the show isn't entirely superficial. Alicia Silverstone is very appealing and likable. Some of the supporting cast is a bit weak, but overall the show is surprisingly good.

Fun, Clueless: 10 Years Later

Author: jmatrixrenegade (jmatrixrenegade@aol.com) from NYC
27 September 2003

This show is sort of what "Clueless" would be like ten years after ... after all Cher was the lovable/cute daughter of a lawyer, had the potential to be one in her own right, and was the master of matchmaking (while not being as lucky in love herself).

Kate is a lovable/cute daughter of a lawyer, in fact she is a (divorce) lawyer herself (in her dad's firm), has a gift for matchmaking (thus the title), but is not as lucky in love herself. Ryan O'Neal plays her womanizing dad. And, the show will likely have various guest stars with stories to tell and matches to be made.

The first episode was promising ... fun, romantic, and cute. Kate doesn't quite get the cynical world of divorce attorneys, which might get a bit annoying, since this is a bit clueless, isn't it? Still, especially given its core competition ("Joan of Arcadia"), the show has charm to spare, and Alicia Silverstone is great in the lead. Why not? She played this character already in her best role, Cher is "Clueless." And, though some might compare the two, she seems a bit more together than Ally McBeal.

I don't know how it will holdup (especially given it's hour length) over the long haul, but I'm routing for this show.

-j

Not a match made in heaven.

Author: Victor Field from London, England
6 March 2004

When "Miss Match" premiered in America, the smart money was on the series defeating its freshman competition "Joan of Arcadia" - with Alicia Silverstone back in good-hearted romantic mode and Darren Star behind the scenes, it couldn't fail up against the more dubious-sounding premise of a troubled teenage girl who has conversations with God. (LivingTV certainly seems to think so; they've bought both shows, but "Miss Match" is now airing weekly in prime time whereas "Joan of Arcadia" will be airing in June, stripped across weekday afternoons a la "Everwood.") Flashforward to March, and Amber Tamblyn's series has not only clobbered it in the Stateside ratings but also already secured a second year; unfortunately it's all too easy to see why.

It's refreshing to see something from Darren Star that isn't flavoured "bitter" - unlike "Sex and the City" and the dreadful "The $treet," this series benefits from having a lead character you don't want to kill, although the once and forever Cher Horovitz suffers from having a supporting cast that, apart from Lake Bell as her sexy single bartender friend, could either be better used (especially Ryan O'Neal as her more traditionally lawyer-ish dad) or just plain better (most of the others). Sweet-tempered though it is, it's not funny or dramatic enough to really work; and how much mileage can the writers really get from the lawyer-to-all-and-better-at-other-matches-than-her-own thing? (Then again, look how long "Three's Company" ran with just one plot.)

Easy to watch, and Alicia is as adorable as ever (though admit it, it's her friend who should be really beating them off), but I wouldn't get attached to it. Still, at least it's better than "Braceface." And "Sex and the City." And, in the case of Ryan O'Neal, infinitely better than "Love Story."

I love this show and hope it sticks around for a while.

Author: JULIA-COOPMAN from MILDENHALL, ENGLAND
8 April 2004

I live in the United Kingdom and I love this show, they started showing it a month or so ago. It has replaced Sex in the City for me as in terms of a show you just have to watch! I love the main flow of the show, not to much match making and her job balances that out quite perfectly I think. Very good actors and a new plot each show, I have not been disappointed yet. Silverstone has matured a lot as an actor since clueless or crush and I believe that now hopefully she can get into some better movies. In my opinion she is a wonderful actress that has just not taken the best roles that she could. I really hope that the show stays on for a long time to come.