IMDb > "All of Us" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"All of Us"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"All of Us" More at IMDbPro »

Great Family Show

Author: ronandboys323 from United States
1 July 2006

This show is funny and gives off a warm feeling to see a very familiar situation told in such a hilarious manner. It is clear that Duane Martin and LisaRaye have great chemistry together playing ex husband and wife and the only thing they have in common is their cute son Bobby. Season 3 finds Neesee and Robert living together after Neesee's house is burned down. With each passing week their relationship grows stronger and stronger as they rekindle the flame that once burned so bright. With each week you will also finding yourself hoping that the 2 will reconcile and be the happy family that they clearly used to be. If you're into family shows that display comedy yet truth you will enjoy watching Robert and Neesee in a situation that is definitely common now-a-days.

Old Plot, Decent Laughs

Author: hillari from Chicago, USA
24 September 2003

Unfortunately, the situation that Dwayne Martin's character is in--dealing with his soon-to-be ex-wife with whom he has a child, and keeping up a relationship with his new love--is too commonplace these days. The catty exchanges between Elise Neal ("The Hughleys") and Lisa Raye ("The Players Club") are amusing, and they feel very true to life. However, for this show to survive, it has to rely on other plot devices other than the two women sniping at each other every week. The little boy who plays Martin and Raye's son is very cute; hopefully, a good portion of the episodes will also deal with the son's adjustment to his parents' broken relationship.

All Of Us

Author: nicole15 from United States
8 March 2006

I went to see a taping of All of Us and it was fantastic! Being where the actors were was so exhilarating. It was like being famous yourself. And meeting Alfonso was even better. He even told me to pursue a career in dance because of earlier happenings. i felt so blessed to have such a talented person words of wisdom on my side. I really want to return to tapings such as this one and i think it is a valuable experience for all to attend. It gives you a chance to see what television and movie making is really like and may even let you put your foot in the door of becoming famous your self. Alfonso was really nice, he even danced to "beat It" by MJ and Lisaraye signed my admission slip. It was a lot of fun. Duance Martin is really hot and I even got to see Tisha Cambell-martin because of her guest spot as Roberts sister. I hope i get to attend another one these tapings.

Hilarious New Show

Author: (supton2001) from San Diego, CA
22 May 2003

I was fortunate enough to go to the taping for the pilot episode. The show was hilarious. I definitely hope it gets picked up this season. However, the whole concept behind the show is not unique in this day and age.

What happen to Tia???????

Author: peggygrace from United States
19 August 2008

I just want to know what happen to Tia. I missed a couple of episodes, and when I did I did not see her anymore, and the family was just getting alone fine. However, there was not much mentioning of Tia, so I was just curious. I love the show. I hope that there will be more episodes and more seasons for the all of us crew. I think that the show was funny, especially Lisa Raye, her acting was great, and the little comments she made about her ex-husband Dwayne was awesome, and maybe the things she says to him is what a lot of women want to say to their ex but in some way or another cannot. However, I know the show was aired in 2003 or some where near that, but I was hoping that there is a way I could buy the DVD of each season so I can just sit a watch the episodes one by one so that I can understand the first to the last show. I would be grateful if someone could direct me in the right direction so that I would be able to buy all the seasons episodes and not wonder what happen between the time I miss the episode that I missed.

Refreshing

Author: KingsleyOWalker from United Kingdom
15 April 2006

This an amazing example of what real Hollywood Power couples can create (other than their super rich trust fund babies) I love the scripts and the performers. They are all so funny specially LisaRaye. 10/10 The presence that the young actor Khamani brings to the show is magnificent to watch. This show better not be cancelled because it would be a shame. This show should be moved from Upn to a more major broadcaster like NBC or ABC the rest won't take it. It is so good. The story lines are excellent and the success of the show is due to the authenticity of the characters and it is something that u can relate 2. 10/10. For christs sake IMDb stop pressuring me 2 add more line jeez, u guys. I am P@~{~%$&

What happened to Elise Neal???

Author: kpbentprse from United States
27 October 2005

When this show originally aired a couple of years ago, my entire family and I watched every episode. In part, to support the African American community and in part because it was a show created by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. We continued to watch the entire 1st season and part of the 2nd season. From that point we tuned out for awhile. I haven't watched All of Us for quite some time and just happened to tune in the past couple of weeks and to my surprise........there is no Elise Neal. What happened to her character? If the show is supposed to be based on the lives of Will & Jada Smith, how can it continue with just Duane Martin and the character who plays Neese???? I couldn't even follow the show and quickly lost interest.

good Will and Jada did a great job

Author: willsgal1 from United Kingdom
3 September 2005

I think Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith did a great job on this because it is funny and romantic and it is based on Will and Jada's life as in Neesee (LisaRaye) portrayals the role of Sheree his ex-wife. Bobby Jr. (Khamani Griffin) portrayals the role of trey. Tia (Elise Neal) portrayals the role of Jada and Robert (Duane Martin) portrayals the role of Will. The programme is funny because you can tell Neesee and Robert still care about each other and their son. In the programme you come across some of their friends and relatives whIch again i think its funny how they did it. This show has some of the best one liners ever when Roberts mom comes over to stay and she has a big joint of meat in her bag she says "Is anyone hungry" then she looks around then looks at the fruit bowl and says, "Y'all must be you've got plastic food"

I need a little info

Author: slg91280 from United States
16 April 2006

I just wanted to know what happened to Elise Neal. The city that I was living in did not have UPN and I missed several episodes. By the time I moved to a place city that had the UPN program, I had already missed a whole season and a half. What happened to her character? Did something happen on the show and she left "Robert" or was it other more personal matters? I just wanted to know because I am a big fan of the show. I missed the first season and then a few of the episodes when "Tia" was gone. I am really puzzled and I have been watching the show as often as I can catch it, and I sometimes sit and wait for somebody to mention her name or the incident that occurred that caused "Tia" to be off the show. I remember that she was pregnant and all but now I am waiting on some kind of closure that will put my mind at ease.

I thought that I was going to enjoy this show!!!

Author: (lachelle_t@yahoo.com) from Kansas City, MO
4 November 2003

Seeing that I enjoy both Will and Jada Smith, I expected the show to be awesome(All Of Us). Boy, was I disappointed. First of all, the character of Jada is very weak. From what I know and have read about Jada, she is a very strong woman. Second of all, what man would allow his ex-wife to just walk in his house as she wishes. I guess I thought this show was going to be more original. In future shows, I hope to see Neesee's role more in reality, and I hope the strength that Jada has is portrayed. Third of all, If Neesee (the ex-wife) was really that bad, good luck to Will and Jada.