Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Errors in geography
Incorrectly regarded as goofs
Colonel Landa is an SS officer. Although members of the Wehrmacht were always expected to be apolitical the SS was the military arm of the Nazi Party, they were NOT members of the Wehrmacht.
Later in the movie, Shosanna is recording her revenge message in close to perfect English.
Crew or equipment visible
Incorrectly regarded as goofs
- At the beginning of the film, the timing it takes for Hans Landa and his men on the motor vehicle to arrive at the dairy farm is completely inconsistent. When the camera shows them approaching the farm in the background, they pass the same tree next to the road three times.
- In the first chapter, when Col. Landa was talking to Perrier, the glass of milk he was drinking repeatedly moved positions back and forth, and the level of milk in the glasses changes.
- In chapter one, when Colonel Landa is sitting at the kitchen table with Perrier LaPadite, the shadow changes shape and "density" and sometimes disappears completely during different shots from the same camera angle. When Colonel Landa starts writing on the piece of paper, the shadow nearly covers half the table and is very dark, but then when we see the same camera angle a few seconds later, there's no shadow on the table. It then reappears again but of different length in another shot from the same angle about a minute later.
- When Hugo Stiglitz is introduced, we see a newspaper. There are initially 2 rows of 6 officers pictured on the front page, but when the paper's shown in close-up there are 7 officers' pictures in one row.
- In the basement scene, when Eric, the bartender reaches for his gun, in the background, you see Hicox and Stiglitz with their guns aimed at Hellstrom. At that point in the scene, however, Hicox hasn't yet revealed that he's been aiming his gun at him, nor has Stiglitz made his move to Hellstrom's crotch.
- When Shosanna takes the specially prepared fourth reel (with her 'surprise' for the Nazis) out of the case, her hair is down and hanging loose. In the next shot, just a few seconds later, as she is putting the reel on the projector, her hair is pinned back. Some time after this, when the bell on her projector tinkles to let her know it's time to switch reels, she glances out the projector porthole at the audience and we see her hair is again down and hanging loose. As she pulls the lever to activate the reel, just a few seconds after this, her hair is once again pinned back, remaining this way throughout her final scene.
- After Donny and Omar kill Adolf Hitler and Joseph Goebbels in the Opera box, as they begin to fire randomly into the panicking crowd, Donny's white shirt is clean and spotless. Each successive view of him as he continues firing into the crowd, shows his shirt becoming more and more blood-spattered even though the crowd he is firing into, is more than ten feet below him on the floor of the auditorium. The only people close enough to spatter his shirt with blood were Hitler, Goebbels and the woman companion, who they'd already killed before any blood is shown on Donny's shirt.
- When Lt. Aldo Raine is speaking to Col. Hans Landa in the forest, his open bow tie on his right disappears and reappears under his jacket.
- In the last scene Aldo shoots Herrman. In the shot where he shoots Herrman it is seen that he falls facing away from Aldo, i.e. is the farthest away from Aldo. But later when Uitivich is scalping Herrman we see that Herrman's head is facing Aldo. This can be proved because Uitivich even looks up in Aldo's direction.
- In the last scene where Aldo is carving a swastika in Landa's forehead Aldo is carving the bottom of the Swastika to the left which is incorrect. In the next scene that mark is gone and he's correctly carving it to the right.
- When Aldo is carving the swastika onto Landa, it shows Landa's hands beside him gripping the grass in pain. Yet Landa's hands had just been handcuffed behind his back.