IMDb > Water Under the Bridge (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Water Under the Bridge More at IMDbPro »Save It for Later (original title)

Dreadfully useless and boring film . . . .

Author: saberlee44 from United States
27 July 2006

The theme of this film, working through the past and making amends with what happened way back when, and forgiving those who hurt us, is something that most of us can relate to in some way. However, that said, in order for this theme to really work, there needs to be a main character (ANY CHARACTER!!) who evokes empathy, something that was null and void for me in this film.

Nick, who has just returned to San Francisco, takes an apartment, gets a job as a bartender, has a semi-thing with his single-mom landlady, fools around with some other woman, paints, and has flashbacks about his father, his mother, and a friend named Marco. Dull as they are, Nick's vague and uninteresting feelings reveal themselves through his paintings, his memories, and his behavior.

Expect to see this DVD in your nearest and dearest discount bin. It is painfully slow, offers characters who give nothing and who one probably won't ever think about again. The best part of the film is when it's over. Roll credits, roll! Be done with you, bad, bad film! Deciding I must have missed something, I watched the BEHIND THE SCENES hoping for some enlightenment. After watching about 10-15 minutes of the cast and crew being totally silly and off-the-wall (in a way that seemed funny ONLY to them), I gave up. Enlightenment was not to be had. I hung up and called the Dalai Lama! I really wish I could get the time back that I spent watching this film. I really do. I feel that my time was wasted. Oh, well, nothing I can do about it now . . . .after all, as my friend the Dalai Lama reminded me, that's WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE.

I liked this movie

Author: nightbreed_16 from United States
16 April 2006

I like water under the bridge because I like all the emotions of the story line with Marco's (Craig Sheffer) death and all the father son issues that the main star had played by (Scott Cooper) as Jake remember's when his best friend Marco was killed in front of him in his father's supermarket and his father (Tommy Hinkley) holding the gun. And also starring (Gabrielle Anwar) as Catherine, as an Landlandy aka a landlord. That Jake has an interest in. Also Jakes mother is an alcoholic played by (Theresa Russell). It was a well thought out film. Plus along side of the film is the behind the scenes look at the movie you will laugh your head off in some parts of the making of the movie.