Classic compilation.

Author: Jojomartin from USA
30 July 2004

This compilation is the same as Shorts Vol. 1, except with different shorts and no introduction. More hilarity ensues with such masterpieces as The Days of Our Years, What To Do On A Date, etc.. Mike, Joel, and the 'bots tear up these very dated and useless shorts by using their strong wit and comedy. These shorts, with the exception of What To Do On A Date, would be very boring and tired; however the crew makes these shorts comic genius. If you liked Shorts Vol. 1, you'll love this brilliant compilation. MST3K is the perfect comedy drug; one of the greatest shows since "The Simpsons" and "South Park". I heavily recommend this show to anyone that has a great sense of humor.

Watch "Cheating" and tell me you didn't laugh...

Author: MovieAddict2014 from UK
15 July 2003

This collection is a bit dull as a whole, as three of the shorts are so bad that the gang couldn't even poke fun at them (the chicken one wasn't even funny). But the CHEATING short, along with a shop class and home education film, were downright hilarious.

This is, of course, that show with the three guys watching horrible B-movies from over the world. Many people, including me, used to reference it as "the show with the three guys watching movies." Fans call it "MST3K," a.k.a. "Mystery Science Theater 3000." After picking up season 2 of this marvelous show, you can call me a fan. At first glance, many viewers may lose faith, as the opening sequences are always...well...weird, but it's the whole point.

Anyway, back to the shorts volume. I loved it. One of the lines by "Crow" the robot really got to me in the CHEATING video.

Crow: "Or was it lust?"

I love it. LOVE IT!

All stars on this excellent piece of work.

The Chicken of Tomorrow

Author: FredFredrickson from United States
3 September 2005

I thought the short about chickens was hilarious... The end is a bit strange, and not as funny is it probably could have been, but from the moments Crow states that the film is "dedicated to all the Chickens who lost their lives in the Great Chicken War" in that 50's-ish sounding voice, I am practically on the floor laughing.

The Cheating short is probably the funniest in the whole bunch, though.

Overall I have enjoyed this box set, and all of the others that have been released so far (all the way up to #6 now, I believe). Even though one or two of them contains some movies that were just so bad they couldn't do much with them, a vast majority of the films, when combined with all the comments from Joel, Mike, Crow, and Servo, are so funny that I can barely contain myself while watching.