IMDb > Blade: Trinity (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Blade: Trinity

Blade: Trinity More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 50: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

crappedy crap crap crap

Author: (ameleen_bux) from UK
22 May 2005

this is the worst blade film and i hope it stays there. the first one was a GREAT movie, with a new kind of hero, kicking new kind of ass (vampires)! the sword fight at the end was fantastic. i don't remember too much of it now, but i remember me rewinding it and watching it again!! Then the second one wasn't as good, like the Omar guy said, the story line was crap but the action was good. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much computer generated (CG) stuff.

Then there were three... unlucky three. the movies just wasn't as good as the others. not enough blade fights and too much sidekicks. There's an weapon in there which is a UV arch.. i think it's in the adverts. anyhow, it's little things like that, that make the movie crap! the same thing happened in terminator 3, there was TOO much hi-tech gadgets that don't exist! if they just kept it a lot more simple, like, swords, dagger, and those killing star thingys, that u throw... But lasers, they just go over the top. They're great for futuristic film that are completely non-realistic, like star wars.

That Ryan Reynolds should've stayed in "2 guys and a girl" he was funny in that, cos u were expecting to laugh. but BLade is a dark thriller, where you're expecting thing die, maybe get scared, and possibly cheer on the good guys for having some style with what they do. Ryan just spoils EVERYTHING!! it's like seeing Matt le blanc (joey from friends) play a masked murderer, and just when he's gonna kill some guy, and beautiful lady walks by, and Matt coming out with "How u DOIN?"

It's just not right.

David S. Goyer NEEDS directing lessons!!!!

All right Marvel no more movies I mean it.

Author: julian kennedy from Clearwater Fl
22 May 2005

Blade: Trinity: 1/10: Press reports at the time of Blade: Trinity's release claimed that star Wesley Snipes went off the deep end and tried to kill the director David S. Goyer. Lord knows he could have gotten away with it. Show the jury this movie and let the acquittals fly.

After two better than we deserved films the third Blade is a mess. For one thing the casting director is insane. The good guys consist of Snipes, Gabby Hayes (Kris Kristofferson), Elektra (Jessica Biel), Van Wilder (Ryan Reynolds), a retarded guy, a blind woman and Newt from Aliens.

The good guys have a "club" called the Nightstalkers. (What no Darren McGavin). Biel fights with an overtly plugged iPod playing horrible techno. (I would think being able to hear would be important in hand-to-hand combat) Reynolds's character spouts off endless one liners (most of them remarkably lame) and is saddled with the name Hannibal King. (Also needless to say remarkably lame) and fights with a light saber bow. (Please see above).

Speaking of lame we have the bad guys. We have wrestler triple H (who cannot act), Parker Posey (who cannot speak with the fangs in her mouth) and best of all Dracula (Who calls himself Drake. Thinks he is in a Highlander movie. He is also a pacifist piece of Euro trash that looks like he fell of a Harlequin romance book cover. And is easily the least convincing screen Dracula I have ever scene (I'm including both George Hamilton and Mel Brooks in this equation)).

The script is awful (even if you remove Reynolds's one-liners), the film was edited in a Cuisinart, the continuity was done by the blind girl, and the plot consists of bad guys finding good guys headquarters, then good guys finding bad guys headquarters.

If your still not convinced a contribution to Mr. Snipes potential legal defense fund is in order let me remind you. Parker Posey is the head vampire and has a climatic battle with Van Wilder. You can make the check out to cash.

Gasoline would improve this movie

Author: patrick-373 from United States
11 May 2005

Too bad zero was not an option to pick as the value of the rating. Better yet a rating of minus 100 would fit quite nicely. The only thing that would improve this movie is a can of gasoline and a match tossed on all originals and copies of the original used to make this production. Wesley Snipes is underused. The script is dismal. No plot. No story. No situations that evoke inner feelings (except disgust). For any media not burned via gasoline per my above suggestion, I suggest that a good use might be an attempt to attract the attention of a room full of mental retards. They may get a kick out of the pretty flashing colors. I feel bad that the tremendous and great special effects were put to such a useless and wasted use.

Third time is NOT the charm

Author: movieman_kev from United States
26 February 2005

Blade has to join with a group of "Nightstalkers" to defeat Dracula himself, after he's set-up by killing a human disguised as a vampire.I enjoyed the first two Blade movies. But this one left me cold. The introduction of the unneeded and unfunny "comedy" side-kicks, combined with David Goyer's poor directing makes this outing a chore to sit through. Triple H is highly underused and has maybe one good line throughout. The fight scenes are far from as great as they were in the first two films. Needless to say I was very disappointed and the movie took me back to those early movies based on Marvel comic properties before they got good.

My Grade: D+

Terrible

Author: Kevin K from Sydney, Australia
19 January 2005

I don't know what happened on the sets but Trinity is amateurish in all aspects and doesn't come anywhere near close to the first two Blades. Scenes jump into each other without much care for pace and flow, the music is constant and instead of adding to the mood just gets in the way, and the whole thing just seems like someone's first attempt at film-making. Which is probably rather close to the truth looking at director Goyer's IMDb resume. I've read a few rumours of Wesley Snipes' behaviour on set and after seeing the film I can only guess that it stems from his disappointment in the way the film was developing. Hopefully if there were to be a Blade 4 a more competent crew will be hired.

Verdict: Very disappointing. 3/10

oh dear.....

Author: James_Storm34 from United Kingdom
14 January 2005

I watched this film after hearing very bad things about it but thought I would give it the benefit of the doubt as the other 2 films in the blade series were fairly entertaining, not special but not bad either.

So about half an hour into this movie I realised that all the bad things i had heard were right, but I decided to stick with it anyway.

Certain things about this movie were just wrong. The plot was virtually non existent, don't get me wrong there was a plot a very dodgy one, which has been done in different ways before. However the film seemed to focus more on mindless slow motion up close action/battle scenes than on the story.

Before I watched this film I was expecting the usual cheesy lines and actions that you normally get during one of these films but when Abi Whistler decides to use an iPod while going into battle, I was left speechless. I mean what was that all about? MASSIVE Idiot! Also when "bad ass" Blade says Koochy Koochy Koo to a baby well I dunno what all that was about either but it just didn't fit in at all.

Well i almost got through this movie but during the last 10 minutes I fell asleep and missed the end, being tired probably did me a favour really as those last 10 minutes of my life went on something useful like sleep and not the bag of dirt known as Blade Trinity.

1 last thing I will say is if you haven't yet seen this movie and are planning on watching it in the near future.... unlucky! I wouldn't say don't watch it (altho this would be wise,)but don't expect much either when you do, its terrible.

My mark for this would be Dog Dirt/10!

good setup brought down by a real lack of effort

Author: Special-K88
12 January 2005

Uninspired and forgettable sequel centers around vampire hunter Blade as he faces his greatest threat in the form of Dracula, the original vampire who's been resurrected in an effort to bring about the evolution of his race. In addition, Blade's identity is disclosed to the human population who fear he's a vicious sociopath, and he must join a team of hunters known as the Nightstalkers in order to survive. Effects are good but the action scenes are disappointingly mild, the acting extremely one-note, and the dialogue beyond laughable. Posey has an especially irritating role as a seductive vampire, and star Snipes just seems to be going through the motions. Could have worked, but the film's focal point seems to be corny humor and dumb wisecracks. **

Unnecessary & unfortunate

Author: Aizick from Canada
9 January 2005

... which is upsetting since I really enjoy the Blade series. I'll be brief though: I watched the first Blade and honestly believed it to be something revolutionary in comic-book movies. It was made for adults. It didn't have unnecessary sex or generic characteristics like most studio productions. It was something that was true to the world it was defining.

As for Trinity, well, it was an attempted cash-haul from what I can tell. Allow me to break this down into 3 basic parts.

(1) Ads in the film Yes, there are blatant ads for GMC trucks and even more so for the Apple iPod. I don't need to know how easily songs can be organized on an MP3 player. And since my ticket price wasn't subsidized by these ads, I felt no reason to have them thrown at me. Plus, I'd like to know why hip-hop was chosen as the background music? I mean, there was little to no hip-hop culture present in the movie. It just seemed to cheapen the music because it felt out of place and undefined, and another cash-in.

(2) Dracula references Stoker Uh, yeah ... rather than adding anything original or unique to this mammoth set-up of a character, they simply explained him with: "Read Dracula by Bram Stoker". That really sucked. I understood the assumed humour there, but way to bite off that handle of originality.

(3) Pick a character, flush them out It seems that they started to define a character, and then would jump suddenly to another one. And then they would drop certain aspects of characters when it wasn't useful. At one point Reynolds and Triple H duke it out, and Reynolds is able to hold up in a one-on-one fist fight. I mean, I would have a hard time buying that if Triple H wasn't a vampire that couldn't be hurt by any of Reynold's mortal knuckle thrusts.

Anyhow, it's time for class, so I'm gonna finish. I know a lot of people who found the movie entertaining enough and enjoyed it. I found no value to it myself though.

A big disappointment.

Author: aeo from Beverly Hills, California
16 December 2004

I give this 2 stars out of 10.

I have not been to the movie theater for awhile because I was busy with work. I recently had some time and was eager to see a movie. I do not really care for Christmas theme movies so I chose Blade Trinity.....big mistake.

While this movie is called Blade Trinity, it should really be called Blade 3. It is about Blade, half human and half vampire, who is on a mission to eradicate all vampires. What they really should have done is eradicate this movie instead.

In this movie, his main sidekick is killed and Blade teams ups with the sidekicks daughter played by Biel. The head vampires, desperate to defeat Blade, finds and wakes up the first vampire, Dracula, to kill Blade.

The premise sounds interesting but unfortunately the story just does not measure up to it. In Blade 1, you had the one liners from Blade to give it the comic effect but it was not overly done and was appropriately placed. Here, inane one liners abound, and not just from Blade but from every single person. It was really annoying.

You had too many characters but not enough development to make you connect with any of the characters. For instance, after Blade's sidekick dies, he teams up with his daughter. Well, what is she like, how did she come to be a vampire slayer, why haven't Blade's sidekick ever mention about her to him and so forth. I mean, all she does is support blade in killing vampires but there is all these issues not are not covered in this movie. Admittedly, this is suppose to be a horror/action movie and not some drama but it never hurts to have some good dialogues interspersed throughout the movie. As is, all you have in this movie is a whole load of stupid banter between characters with no substance. This combination makes for a bad movie.

This is how I would characterize Blade 1: a good overall movie although I found some of the story and character development to be flawed but worth watching.

Blade 2: This is a more serious movie with less stupid one liners but a good story development. This movie is worth watching.

Blade 3: This movie sucks. Wait for it to come out in your neighborhood video store.

Blade Trinity blows goat (I have proof)

Author: David Wraith (davidwraith@yahoo.com) from United States
10 December 2004

Maybe Wesley Snipes is getting tired of playing the lugubrious vampire slayer. Or maybe, after three movies, screenwriter David S. Goyer is getting bored writing the humorless lead character. This would explain why, in "Blade Trinity," vampire turned good guy Hannibal King gets all the good lines. Hannibal's potty-mouthed sense of humor seems imported from a Kevin Smith movie and Blade is reduced to his straight man. Trinity feels like an attempt by Goyer to set-up a new franchise starring the Nightstalkers, a group of anti-vampire young guns lead by Hannibal (Ryan Reynolds) and Abigail Whistler (Jessica Biel), the daughter of Blade's mentor.

In the first two films of the series, Blade was a seamless combination of the 70's blaxploitation movie cool of John Shaft and the violent edge of Japanese anime's Vampire Hunter D. Now, with the Nightstalkers in tow, Blade comes off like a grumpy old vampire slayer telling the kids to keep the racket down and get off his lawn. In one scene, he chastises the Nightstalkers, saying "What do think this is? A game? Look at how you're dressed!" Indeed, Hannibal and Abigail run around half naked, showing off chiseled abs and sinewy biceps. Meanwhile, Blade, bundled up for the winter in a leather trench coat, black vest and long-sleeved, red crew neck, looks like his mother dressed him. Of course, his mother was a vampire.

The plot of "Trinity," such that there is one, has the Vampire Nation led by Danica Talons (the hilarious Parker Posey, in a film that probably cost more than the rest of her filmography combined) awakening the original Count Dracula to aid in their war against Blade. According to the movie, Dracula was born in ancient Samaria and has spent the past few generations slumbering in Iraq. Can someone please tell me then, why he comes out of his tomb looking like Nick Lachey from MTV's "Newlyweds?" And while I can accept that Dracula speaks perfect English, when he starts using phrases like "parting gift" I have to ask myself, has Dracula been watching The Game Show Network?

I have a great deal of affection for "Blade II," which was directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Writer/director Goyer brings no visual style to the table and the cinematography makes the film look like a documentary shot on 16mm film in the mid seventies. The colors in the daylight exteriors are so washed out, they make Joe Carnahan's steely blue "Narc" look positively lush by comparison. And while we're on the subject of daylight exteriors, didn't Goyer get the memo that this is a vampire movie? I know that Blade is a "day walker," but who wants to see the world's greatest vampire slayer chase the world's oldest vampire through an apartment building in the middle of the afternoon like Agent Smith and Neo in the first "Matrix?"

Ultimately, the mark of a good comic book movie is that it's entertaining enough to distract you from the obvious questions that would render most comic book movies completely implausible. For example: Abigail's habit of listening to her i-Pod while hunting vampires. At best, this is a riff on Gary Oldman's Beethoven loving sociopath in "The Professional" and at worst, it's blatant product placement. However, it begs the question: when hunting hoards of vampires, wouldn't you want your hearing unobstructed? Also, for all the cash the Nightstalkers must spend on high-tech equipment, they spend an awful lot of time engaging the vampires in hand to hand combat. Since vampire disintegrate when pierced with silver, wouldn't a pair of silver, spiked boxing gloves save these guys a lot of energy? Maybe Blade should ditch the Nightstalkers and do a Marvel Team-Up with Wolverine?