IMDb > Blade: Trinity (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Blade: Trinity

Blade: Trinity More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 52: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Quips and quills

Author: Cemetarygirl from Australia
16 February 2007

Like a lot of you I found this film a disappointment after Blade II which I just loved. For me it seemed to be dulled down as if people where just going through the motions, like get this over with and give me my cash. Although a lot hated Ryans role I found him beguiling and I feel that his uncomfortable jokes added and not detracted from his role, whether it be through type-casting or not. I liked the younger crew and I am sorry that their characters where not given enough time to develop. Constructed more as Vampire fodder than back-up crew. Jennifer Biels role I did enjoy, in particular her 'mother waiting for a train role' mind you I would not go onto that lonely platform to await a train. Loved her bow and arrow action and that slicey thing. Very innovative. I thought the dogs where both great and sad (going with the animal experimentation is bad angle). But my surprise when that Pomeranian first showed his teeth, and his Rottie posse did make me smile. I thought Parker was as quirky as ever in her choice of role and character. Agree with Hannibal when he said her hairdo was a hair don't. Didn't like the main vampire he had no charisma, as in Dracula of Hammer days, or no creep out scary as in Nosferatu or Blade II. I wasn't keen on his giant scary vampire self because big is not necessarily better. Personally I don't feel that the real Dracula (I know he isn't real) would look like that. He was devoid of all things vampire and although he could have played a minion, or a bouncer, Dracula incarnate he was not. I tended to watch this because otherwise it would have seemed unfinished as if I had left a book when I still had a couple of hundred pages to go. I would like to see a forth but only if a director like del Torro (or he himself) would deem to do it.Oh and how would it be if Dracula incarnated into a woman instead? Just a thought. Cheers Furdion

Bad Rap

Author: jaffoaz from United States
29 December 2006

You know, it's funny. The whole point of the Blade franchise was for it to be fun, bloody, ass-kicking fun. The first Blade was fresh and had a black hero, and Snipes, as such, was awesome. The action genera had been pretty tired, as had the horror genera. So Blade, the first movie, was a breath of fresh air, as far as I'm concerned... stylish, fairly simple, but brutal, adult fun. Maybe made for us guys, but either way a damn fun movie. Blade 2 kicked in and actually impressed... way better, way smarter, and using the same formula but directed with more skill and brains.

Now, on to the third installment, actually directed by the creator of the Blade franchise in movie form. So we've brought in more characters... a bit more humor, some sex-appeal, and some ridiculousness, but the same formula has been followed. Maybe someone wanted some freshness to an already fresh series, I don't know. The directing style is different to be sure. But if I want to have some brainless entertainment that's got stylish violence, some sharp one-liners, and a bit of gore, then I watch Blade movies- including this one. Trinity is, as a Blade film, the worst of the three. But dammit, even the worst pizza is pretty good, right? I enjoyed it. I didn't feel like critiquing a vampire movie based on a comic book. What's the freakin point? This is not Oscar material, people. It's fun, fantasy crap. And the Blade movies are really good fun fantasy crap. You can bicker all you want about which one is better, and why, but I'm just glad they came up with them in the first place.

I grant you that the villains in this movie suck, and much of the script sucks, and plenty of the direction kinda sucked. The plot kinda sucked, and vampires suck... whatever. If I want cinematic perfection, I'll watch Munich, or something... (and sometimes I do.) So anyway, stop trying to be such a fake brainiac and tear this movie apart. Have fun, put your brain on hold, and watch a good freakin entertaining bunch of slosh. Ryan Reynolds is likable, and I liked seeing him fight and swear and act tough. Beal is just plain hot. Again, very watchable and likable, even if it is only for a couple of curvy reasons. Snipes, as Blade, is bad ass, and there hasn't been a better side-kick foundation than Whistler in years. The reasons we liked Blade in the first place are still all hear-- so don't even try to make these movies something they've never been. Just have fun and watch some killin'.

For what it is, Blade: Trinity, is still way better than other films in the same genera--- or other generas, for that matter. And I AM picky...just not about the silly unimportant stuff in silly, unimportant movies- like the Blade movies. They aren't important or even great (Blade 2 was close to great), but they are fun as hell.

Snipes joins forces with two tough fighters : Reynolds and Biel against the bloodsuckers

Author: ma-cortes
4 December 2006

Again Blade(Wesley Snipes),the half vampire,part human two-fisted hero with his cutting blade and his black garment and of course with the company of the veteran Abraham Whistler(Kris Kristofferson).This time he teams up with the ¨Vigilantes from the night¨ named Annibal and Abigail(a muscular Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel)constituting an invincible trio.They have to take on a gang of crazies bloodsuckers in the dangerous underworld.The Vigilantes have a hidden place as headquarter where are a blind(Natasha Lyonne) scientific and a child.They are pursued by law agents(James Remar) and combat vampiric enemies(led by Parker Posey)and against the greatest vampire(Dominick Purcell) of all the time named Drake.

The picture provides frenetic action,visceral violence,spectacular combats and loads of blood and gore. The movie is full of energy when the struggles happen with impressive bounds and leaps,besides a sensational blades-Katana type- duels.It's just another vampires story wrapped up with unstopped action and breathtaking scenes.The fights are well staged with sensational choreography and are made by the same actors who hold a hard training on martial arts and by stunts but also by ordering.The makeshift from human to vampire is equally realized as makeup as especial effects.It's the following of Blade I(Stephen Norrington 1998) and Blade II(Guillermo del Toro 2002)making a perfect trilogy.The plot rips off everything in sight including a confrontation between one bloodsucker(Dominick Purcell,Prison Break) such megalomaniac as the evil man from the Blade I(Stephen Dorff).Besides the vampires countenance and vampires dogs faces are similar than Blade II.However the film is darkest even than anterior parts,is more spectacular,more thriller,more focused than previous movies.The motion picture is based on the character created by Marvel Comic Group by Rolfman and Gene Colan and is well adapted by David S. Goyer(film producer along with Snipes).It's a generally enjoyable tribute to vampires cinema and the action genre.If you're a former Blade fan,you'll like it.The picture results to be one of the most successful terror-action movie of the last years.

These special effect guys have played one too many video games

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
11 November 2006

I was never really into the Blade movies or stories from the comic books, but my mom is a huge fan. We have a Pomeranian, and I remember her calling me and screaming about how Blade: Trinity had a vampire Pomeranian in it, I just started laughing and couldn't believe it. But she kept on asking me to watch it with her, because no one else would, so finally I sat down and watched it, and I couldn't believe my eyes, a vampire Pomeranian!

Blade has been set up by humans who were pretending to be vampires, so now everyone thinks he is a murderer and has become the most wanted man in America. When the Feds get ahold of him, a group of humans help Blade escape and together they must find Dracula to stop him from creating the ultimate vampire. Of course, you know, that's not going to be easy since Dracula reminds you instead of a smooth talking Romanian as a Predator wanna be!

While Blade: Trinity has some great action like always, it just seems like the whole special effects just revolved around video games of today. But I would recommend Blade: Trinity for vampire lovers, action lovers, or well, you get the idea. I just at least wanted to watch it, because, there is a vampire Pomeranian! Crazy, I know! But it was so cool to see and I will never doubt my mom again.

Blade: Trinity Is A Neat Name, But Not So Neat Movie.

Author: Mr_Sensitive from THAILAND, BANGKOK
2 November 2006

In the trailer it look so damn cool and plus it got new additional character Hannibal and Abigail. But watch it for real, Blade: Trinity nothing but disappointment. I expect a lot more for the movie that will wrap up the trilogy.

Brief: Blade is now facing more problem as he learn he is a wanted man by the authority and the nemesis enemy - Dracula is finally awaken. This time he must joint Nightstalkers to fight against evil.

Almost everything about this movie is a disappointment. Stated off with the story, which is really lame and predictable, and the movie has lost all characteristic of Blade. It is now just typical B grade vampire movie. I feel like watching a PG-13 movie. The story is just too lame to describe.

The casting consists of good and bad, I think Dominic is horrible as Dracula but the used of Ryan and Jessica is pretty neat and Ms. Parker is hot! Anyway none of them really save the movie with such a horrible screenplay and character development. Costume of the other actors were all right but for Blade it is really horrendous looking.

I don't like the idea of stuffing in action scene every 15 minutes like this; it doesn't look natural. Every fighting is set in particular places and time and particular moves. What I'm trying to say is the movie is too calculated.

And I must add the directing is quite bad even for the first time director, but he has been in the business in a long while and I think could do better than this. He shouldn't be allowed to give such a big responsibility of directing this movie.

Final Say: Despite movie got loads number of action scenes it was an unsatisfying one. Everything blew here and there and nothing really to hold on to. The movie couldn't hold my interest. The movie is lacking in everything.

Reason To Watch: Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds.

Reason Not To: It Got Really Lame Story and It Lost All The Coolness of Blade.

Rating: 5/10 (Grade: D-).

Please Rate Y/N After Read. Thanks!

Not as good as the first Two Films...

Author: titan-28 from United States
26 October 2006

"Blade Trinity" was kind of a disappointing end to the trilogy. I think they waited to long to start filming this one after the second film came out. After the perfect second movie, this one was no where close to as good. That is not to say that this is a bad movie however. You still have a lot of action, and a lot of new characters. Newcomers Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel join blade in his quest to kill the legendary Dracula (called Drake in this movie) as young vampire hunters. Biel and Reynolds are OK, but I'd rather see Blade go it alone to go after the remainder of the vampire community. It was also weird seeing Reynolds not in a teen comedy role. It is hard not to compare Trinity to the rest of the series, but the bad guys aren't as bad, and the good guys aren't as cool and stylish as its predecessors. I just wish that they did more with this one. Fans of the Blade series should definitely still see this, and for the casual action fan this will be a decent movie for you as well.

Mediocre sequel to end a popular franchise.

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
14 October 2006

I really tried to like this movie. There was a lot of hype towards it but sadly, it doesn't live up to the expectations. Not even the always beautiful Jessical Biel saves the day. Wesley Snipes looks uncomfortable all the time, and the rest of the cast looks over acted. Except for the always wonderful, beautiful Parker Posey. Ryan Reynolds seems like an actor that has a bright future but this kind of roles won't help him that much.

The movie is filled with comic book action type scenes but unlike the first two "Blade" movies, this one isn't impressive or even spectacular. The Horror elements are gone and "Trinity" focuses mainly on the CGI effects. Sadly, the visuals aren't that impressive. Oh, and the score is painful. Enough with cheap techno tracks!

This is probably the last movie of the "Blade" franchise and I can understand why. The plot is terrible and never gets interesting. The action sequences aren't impressive as I stated before.

There isn't anything good about "Blade Trinity" except for Parker Posey.

An unfortunate attempt by a first-time director

Author: dyer9380 from United States
12 August 2006

If you watch this film carefully you can see that they chopped some stuff out and rearranged it A LOT.

For example, the scene where Dracula goes rampaging through the Vampire/Sex/goth shop...there's no real need for the scene - it's pretty obvious it was sliced and diced to fit there. Same can be said for quite a few scenes The Nightstalkers never work together as a unified team except for the Blade rescue...instead they all die in one fell swoop.

The elements of the script are cobbled together from six or seven other movies, like "The Usual Suspects," several James bond films, "Commando," and re-imaginings of the first two "Blades." It's clearly a first-time director's work.

When the second film came out I loved it. It gave Blade some much-needed humanity. I assumed the third film would find some way to give us a peek beneath that facade again...and it didn't Instead we have Blade completely stone-faced throughout the film, unresponsive to Whistler's death and surrounded by well-meaning but ultimately incapable sidekicks, most of whom die within the first half of the film.

When will they let Wesley direct? Surely he's higher up the film chain than a writer?

Author: trudylyn (trudylyn@vvm.com) from Texas
21 July 2006

1. Were the cinematographers paid by the footage of film they shot? 2. Were the editors paid by the footage they left in the film? 3. Did the director, who seems to have been a writer at some point in his life, ever watch a movie before he directed this one?

Wesley spends most of the movie looking like a beaver with thyroid problems. The sidekicks would have been better off in their own movie, perhaps an animated one.

Jessica deserves her own movie, perhaps even with this character.

The franchise was in jeopardy when the final credits rolled on the first movie. The second movie seemed to have been made by people who hadn't seen the first. This thing, "Trinity" (funny triple entendre, guys... NOT!), should be erased from the memory of the human race. I've seen videos collections of old commercials from the fifties that were more entertaining... and suspenseful.

Bela Lugosi is spinning in his grave

Author: jude_huckabees from Romania
20 July 2006

This movie is an insult to "Dracula" and even "Blade"(cause the first part was awesome)This just proves that sequels suck,and when I say that sequels suck,they Suck!People just do not buy,rent,or see a sequel anymore...maybe they will no longer exist. Well apparently Blade looses Whistler,gets arrested,then gets saved,sort of,by some losers and they invent some kind of virus that could kill all the vampires but they needed a new blood DNA of a vampire so this is when Dracula comes in resurrected by the vampires to kill Blade.Yeah I'm getting bored by trying to remember what the hell happened in this movie that I hope to forget.Sequels suck!