IMDb > "The Daily Buzz" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Daily Buzz" More at IMDbPro »

Awesome

Author: nethicus
23 March 2004

My wife and I started watching the Daily Buzz when we moved here in August, 2003. It's the best morning show. Take 1/2 the zaniness of your average radio show, and 1/2 the news of your average network show, and throw in a dose of charisma, and you've got the Daily Buzz. I love the fact that it's not an "ego-driven" show, like with Katie Couric or Paula Zahn. The three anchors interact with the crew, and their special correspondents, such as Clayton (Clifton!) Morris and Dao Vu, are treated as friends in making the strangest yet most entertaining morning show around. The show seems to be a small budget morning show out of Cincinatti or Indianapolis. It should get more money and more recognition, because it deserves it.

Great way to hear the news

Author: tkguess1 from Florida
10 May 2006

I always hated newscasts. They were always bad new and usually boring. The crew on the daily buzz does it with a sense of humor. It is a FUN show to watch. You never know what is going to happen. Comments take you by surprise and it is always entertaining. When you turn it off, you then realize that you have also gotten the news and it didn't leave you in a bad or depressed mood. Mitch is just plain crazy to watch, always a nut. Clayton is very witty and full of wisecracks. John Brown was very intelligent and good in seeing the other sides of things but funny as well as great looking (unfortunately the buzz has let him slip through their hands, bad move on their part) He was great morning eye candy as well. Andrea Jackson is cute, perky and also has a great sense of humor too. She rolls with the punches. They play good music clips as well. Daily tidbits make you never want to miss this program!!! A must see, watch a couple of shows and you'll be hooked!

High energy

Author: doctorneon (doctorneon@webtv.net) from Georgia, United States
27 November 2003

This morning show premiered to little fanfare on the WB in 2002. Mitch (Mitchy-poo) English, the star of the show, is a high-energy weatherman, and the two other main hosts Ron Corning (the "straight man", though he participates in the joking quite a bit) and Andrea Jackson, a short haired cutie round it out. It's geared towards a younger crowd, there's heavy emphasis on the hosts chatting about the day's topics after each segment of news/entertainment is read, and viewer participation is high, with the "Buzz Topic of the day" (yours truly has cracked up the hosts many times with many obnoxious telephone calls) Things that are good about the show, is the sports segments are held to a minimum, and often times they include the camerapeople in on the action, usually Mitch English is the instigator of ab-libbing and out of control pranking. The highlight of the entire run so far is when Mitch English was playing "Dysfunctional Family Feud" and ran and broke a very piece of expensive glass, accidentally during the live show. Mitch's bits throughout the show include "Mitch's World" (think News of the Weird) and on Friday's, "Ebay or Not", something you have to see to appreciate. The only complaint I have about the show is it's not closed- captioned, at least the non-ad libbed bits would be appreciated.

Wish there was something like this in the UK

Author: Damfino1895 from Pembrokeshire, Wales
15 June 2006

When I went out to Florida last year I did something I never do in the UK and that is to turn on the TV in the morning. It was mainly to see what the weather was for the day. On the second day in I flicked on The Daily Buzz and I was hooked. What a great way to start the day, lots of news humour and fun, plus Clayton Morris who is extremely easy on the eye of a morning. They all work so well together, Mitch English is great fun and personable without being over the top. So I was really disappointed to have to come home and the TV doesn't get switched on in the morning as our morning shows are not in The Daily Buzz's league. But, all is not lost! Instead of having to wait until my next trip at the end of the year I can pick up a 10 minute pod cast every day, thank you thank you thank you!!!! It's only 10 minutes, but, it's better than nothing. Britons, think Big Breakfast, but, not as irritating. And Clayton Morris can do it by numbers anytime for me. It's a shame that John Brown is no longer there either, but, nothing's perfect.

The daily buZZ is fantanstic

Author: Joe from florida
15 June 2006

All I can say is there is no other news program I would rather wake up to. I was sad to see John Brown gone but I still love all the staff. The staff has such great chemistry together. I can watch the news and feel that I am getting a genuine perspective. The staff presents questions showing the person in them. I am always sad when it ends and after I stop watching I feel happy and ready to go for the day. I wish more notice would be made of this show. Other news shows are so serious and all about making the public worry about something new and a new problem. Watching this show makes me laugh and I recommend it to everyone who wants to start their day off with a smile.

A previous comment

Author: bartterri50 from United States
24 February 2006

I am commenting on the idiot that commented how you guys are acting stupid......we need to add a touch of humor and you guys are great! I feel that you are all still professionals and yet free entertainment I love you! Please keep it up! i enjoy all the topics you have and the actual facts and you have tremendous guests on the show.I enjoy the most is the natural humor of Mitch. he makes me laugh when I am watching him , yet he gives the weather so professionally. I do enjoy all the cameramen also laughing and throwing out their comments. I love when a stupid topic comes up and you hear the cameramen yell " what"? I think the show is really fun to watch and we still hear all the terrible things that happen in this world

Terri Jones

Walmart cat killing

Author: clouddancer135 from United States
6 January 2005

I really enjoy The Daily Buzz. It is a great alternative news source, and I must say, nice and relaxed. Keep up the great work. This is an article that appeared last week. I was wondering if you could do a follow-up on it and determine if the manager was terminated.

Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat

Thursday, December 30, 2004

EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Two Wal-Mart (search) employees who police say followed a MANAGERS ORDERS to shoot and kill a stray cat have been charged with federal animal cruelty. The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29, and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind their store. All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber. "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she said. A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat. Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.

Thanks again Daily Buzz

Sincerely, Loring Warner - Vero Beach, Fl.