IMDb > Tha Westside (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tha Westside (V) More at IMDbPro »

Interesting material but used in a bad way!

Author: Vacuus from Homeless
31 January 2007

Although this documentary included most of the important things about the Westside there's one BIG thing I'm not happy about. Why did they never talk about Eazy-E's death? They were talking about him a lot in the beginning but later they didn't even mention his death. This movie is supposed to be about Westside but they talked about Biggie Smalls' death and not Eazy's.

Some of the ones who were talking were great like Doug Young. He was really talking about it like if you actually were there and saw it happened. He was in Welcome To Death Row too, he's really important if you are making a documentary about West Coast-Hip Hop. But some of the other guests like Doggy's Angels were laughing all the time and it made you think this documentary isn't serious. But there were some other guests who were also good like Kokane and Mopreme Shakur.

This movie had important and interesting things to tell but didn't use it on a good way and the balance in the documentary was just awful. But since I am almost addicted to West Coast Hip-Hop this documentary was still enjoyable and if you also like West Coast Hip-Hop then this documentary is a must-see!

Author: Josh Banning from Pyongyang, Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea
29 December 2012

This was absolute shite. I got for 5p (which shows that people are basically giving it away). Don't get this pile of utter crap, save your self 5 pennies. i couldn't understand a word they were saying and you can't even have subtitles to help you understand them. I found the words they used were extremely offensive and very racist "nigga". They had a very crude sense of humour, and none of their jokes were funny, especially the two black women. They constantly abused the law by taking copious amounts of weed. One man was damaging the records by scratching them on his record player! There was no explanation at all at the beginning, so I had no idea what was going on. Their facts were complete;y wrong when they said that everybody wanted the west coast rap fashion, because I certainly do not.