IMDb > The Flyboys (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Flyboys

The Flyboys More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Dear Hollywood: Get a Clue!

Author: KM_391 from New Jersey
7 April 2008

"What's wrong with Hollywood?" you say? Well, for one, there's no one there who recognized the genius in this film, released as "The Flyboys," rather than "Sky Kids," the original title. And let me clear the air right away by letting you know that I am in no way involved with this film and I don't know anyone who was. I just saw it at the Garden State Film Festival, where it won the top prize, as I believe it has at every other festival where it appeared. As someone else mentioned, the audience was cheering and applauding throughout the movie. How often does that happen when you go to a movie down at the Cineplex? The filmmakers did a beautiful job of capturing the excitement of the adventure while still maintaining the humanity and innocence of the two boys, played perfectly by Jesse James and Reilly McClendon. Yes, there's a hint of sappiness here and there, especially at the ending, but WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT? And while there may be a few elements too rough for the youngest viewers, this is still a great film for the whole family. I only wish that Hollywood would wake up to the fact that people really enjoy this type of movie. Until they do, I guess we'll just have to settle for "Snakes on A Plane 2."

See it! (if you can find it)

Author: lulu2510 from United States
17 April 2008

I saw this movie at the Riverside Film Festival and was shocked to find out it has not been released nationwide because it was not picked up by the big studios for distribution. They (the Hollywood types) are so out of touch as far as knowing what the average movie-goer is looking for - they made a big mistake passing on this movie. It's a wonderful film and had a little of everything (with the exception of graphic violence and sex!)- action, suspense, romance, intrigue, etc. I found myself laughing, crying, cheering, clapping, and enjoying the roller-coaster ride of emotions to the very end. It's definitely a must-see for every age group.

What a Wonderful Movie

Author: Kris Brown from United States
14 April 2008

What an absolutely wonderful entertaining movie. Thisis a great movie for the whole family and very wonderful characters in it. What is wrong with the Hollywood people whom were not interested in this movie. I guess they are after all the digitally mastered movies that capture the awe of people. You can't get much better than this movie with all stunts and no digital generation. I rather enjoy all live stunts and no animation. The characters in this were down to earth and you could just absorb the boys as if they were your own.I saw it at the Atlanta Film Festival and hope that it gets a nationwide release eventually. What a great director. My hat's off to you.

Finally a real adventure with a message

Author: elle007 from Arizona
30 March 2008

This movie was one of the best films I have seen in a long time! My kids loved it! It was nice to see a film that actually has a message as well as an adventure!

There are a lot of plot empty movies out there! More like crappy ones with not point! This is not one of them! It has something for everyone in it.

I saw this in the Sedona Film Festival and plan on going to it this week in the Phoenix Film Festival!

I am taking my kids and some of our friends and family! I can't wait to cry, laugh, and enjoy the ride this movie takes you on again! I recommend everyone go see it.

Must See Movie for all ages!

Author: helenpike2004 from United States
6 April 2008

I saw this film Friday night, April 4, 2008 at the Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park, NJ, and was captivated from the moment it started. "The Flyboys" is a terrific story with well-written dialogue. All the actors turned in believable performances: You wanted to see what their characters would do. The stunt work is phenomenal, and genuine (no gimmicks); so, too, is the camera work. The musical score is good (not over-powering). That commercial Hollywood passed on this film proposal is a telling commentary of just how out-of-touch the studio system is with what middle-class America will pay to see in a movie theater as part of a night out for the whole family.

This movie rocks

Author: vanourneyjoe from Omaha NE
25 February 2008

I saw this film at the Omaha Film Festival where it just won the jury prize for best film and the audience choice award for best film. This film is amazing--a real surprise! This is one of those films that I would have watched 100 times over the summer when I was a kid. Everything about it worked--the performances of the two lead kids, career-making performances from both Stephen Baldwin and Tom Sizemore, great aerial photography and stunt work, an amazing score, etc. There are scenes with both a bully and another with the bully's brother that are awesome. I very rarely get this enthusiastic about a film anymore, but just can't say enough good things about it. Great job, Rocco! I wish you great success and can't wait to see your next film!

an inspiring movie for the entire family

Author: amyasbury3 from United States
1 April 2008

This movie is powerful on many levels...the character development, the plot, the acting, the special effects, the scenery, the music...it is uplifting and "on the edge of your seat" exciting....you are not just watching this movie..you are involved in it because you are carried away by the story...you are so affected by the plot and the compassion that you feel for the characters...I was especially touched by the development of the friendship between the two boys and the influence of the grandfather and the uncle in this story....and the truth revealed that good things can come from life experiences that, at the time, seem too challenging for words! ...wholesome, funny, thrilling, and touching....you can cry and you can laugh with the audience...finally, a movie for the entire family to watch and enjoy together!!

Awesome

Author: mastermix from United States
5 April 2008

Saw this movie screened at the Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park, NJ on 3/4/08. The release title is "The Flyboys". This film was the premiere showing at the event.

I loved it. Great storyline and acting, excellent blend of emotion and action. The entire audience was fully engaged from start to finish.

Producer/Director Rocco DeVilliers answered questions from the audience after the screening... two details remained with me... the film was done with a $2M budget, and it has been shopped to the majors with all taking a pass. Big thumbs UP to the first detail, and a big thumbs DOWN to the second. As someone said earlier, somebody should lose their gig for not picking up on this gem!

This is a movie I will buy on DVD for repeated viewing, though I will DEFINITELY have to see it again on the large screen.

Awesome...

Author: gspg91 from United States
22 June 2009

I just stumbled across this little gem on an on-line movie web-site and all I can say is WOW! It's been a while since I've seen a film done this well and how refreshing considering the garbage that they consider films nowadays. The acting outstanding, especially the boys, cast wonderful, plot awesome...it has everything and to top that, the heroes are kids. A great adventure for the whole family...adults and kids alike... it's got everything you'd want in a great story, lots of riveting action, drama, a little comedy and lessons to be learned about true friendship, loyalty and courage. The movie was REAL.. I found myself rooting for the two young heroes immediately and readily drawn into their adventure and wondering all the time what was going to happen next as in any good story and at the credits, I wanted to stand up and cheer...great work guys...this one is a WINNER!

Sky Kids was exciting from the beginning!

Author: leslie-284 from United States
5 April 2008

Great movie to be enjoyed by all the family (just watch out for some cursing and a little blood)! There were plot twists and edge of your seat moments that were not predictable! It was funny and suspenseful and had other good qualities that we look for in a movie. My kids were intrigued all the way through, and so was I. We really thought that Reiley McClendon did an excellent job! Also, Tom Sizemore and Stephen Baldwin added a great duo. However, a better describing title was the original title "Fly Boys". Another movie we liked by this producer was Princess of Thieves (starring Kiera Knightley), which you may want to watch also. I hope you like this movie. We did!

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]