IMDb > Decoys (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Decoys

Decoys More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 7: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

There is bad movies then there is really bad movies

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
16 August 2004

This film is really bad. There is laps in the story where the viewer wonders for what benefit is this scene added in. The characters, all of them, are extremely unlikeable. The fat guy, and the rapper wanna be could they not die soon enough. No one likes these people in school, and later on in college. Who cares about the fat guys sex life. The girls where ugly in this film, I could find better at the local bar. Maybe, that is why they hooked up with the losers in this film. The effects where ok, along with the ending. There was way too much for shadowing for the ending. What this film needed was another re-write. It could have been made very scary if they wanted it too be, and a litte more believable. 3 out of 10

A twisted & uber sexy romp

Author: cranberryman from Los Angeles, CA
22 March 2004

Man. This flick was a total trip. I was in Toronto with the fam and saw it. If you're looking for some kind of message, let me tell you, go the hell someplace else. BUT if you wanna have a blast... this movie was WAY fun and had some seriously hot chicks in it. It's the perfect no brainer for a Friday night with the posse. The effects were pretty cool for a low budget movie. Actually, they kinda kicked ass. I've never seen some of those snake shots before. I think the tunes were awesome too. My little sister got scared sh*tless during one of the morgue scenes. I like dead stuff, so it was all good for me. There were a couple of awesome lines too, but I'll let you see it on DVD. To hell with all you intellectual jerks. Decoys rocks!

Excellent try

Author: Rick Stump (otherRic) from Atlanta, Georgia, USA
27 June 2004

OK, the dialogue needed another polish. And there was some adding/pacing issues. And the budget was obviously very small. And a few of the actors needed more rehearsals. All true.

But they certainly tried to put out a great comedy/parody. And they succeeded in a cute comedy with some great moments. C'mon, the concept of sorority sisters that whose touch can freeze you from the inside out? That's a metaphor - and funny! And the shy boy who 'melts the heart' of one of the aliens... the writer(s) came up with a great core concept.

There were a handful of good slapstick moments (although more fell flat) and the director and editor seemed to realize that the 'guy playing the sidekick' was the better actor - the lead vanishes for a few stretches to let him roomie steal the spotlight. The cinematography was good with great use of deep focus in 2 scenes and a good use of American closeups throughout.

View it as an attempt at parody rather than hard science fiction and you'll enjoy it much more.

Pretty good, had some flaws

Author: rockstar2002 from ottawa, canada
29 March 2004

On the whole, this was a pretty good, pretty fun movie. It definitely made me laugh out loud a bunch of times, and I thought the comedy was great. The horror was not really terribly scarey, more funny, which I kind of thought was the point, although I guess some people on this board disagreed. Although I really liked the comedy, there were some scenes that seemed out of place; everything with nicole eggert was just odd and that scene in the ambulance was kind of over the top. Some of the acting was really great. For example, Corey Sevier. And the girl who played Alex was amazing. Some of the acting left a lot to be desired though. Like the girl who played the goth sorority chick, she was just a horrible actress who made me cringe. But you know, it was a movie not made for a lot of money and I think on the whole it did a great job. If you have the chance, you should check it out.

Page 7 of 7: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]