IMDb > Decoys (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 6 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

The Movie was a Decoy

Author: 09322 from The Heartland
25 June 2004

Previously, I thought that the worst film Nicole Eggert(Charles in Charge)ever made was Blown Away with Corey Haim (Silver Bullet, The Lost Boys).

But that was until I watched Decoys, (Toronto will never be the same for me). First I though it was an Ed Wood flick in color, but even Ed would not have done this one. It was so dull, boring and senseless, even the scantily clad babes didn't save it. I kept waiting for Vincent Price or Peter Cushing to make an entrance. And I did pray, for it to finally end.

Although this picture is more suited for the Comedy channel, this (non)horror/(non)sci-fi movie soon makes it's debut on the SCI-FI channel. Tune in to something else, you won't regret missing this one.

Waste of film.

Author: Gropitou from Montreal, QC
3 March 2004

If it wasn't for the occassional flash of skin, this film would have no interest at all. Don't waste any money on this one, wait.. not for the DVD but for television to show it. It should bomb fast enough to be on TV within the year. The only strong point is the presence of Meghan Ory, a beautifull newcommer who makes a strong showing in a waste of celluloid. Nicole Eggert's contribution is less than stellar, times must be tough after Baywatch. As for the alien babes, well, there's more interest at a Victoria's Secret TV special. Finally, the movie's logo for decoys is a representation of a spider; they only show up for about 2 minutes near the end of the film. No plot, no performance, no interest; who was the genius that made this looser.

Well gee, that wasn't good.

Author: Human Panzer from Canada
28 February 2004

Not so much a bad film as a mediocre one, this film offers one of the most ill-conceived twist endings I've seen in a while. Just as a good twist ending causes a movie's audience to rethink everything they've just seen, a bad twist ending invalidates the rest of the film. This film's ending falls neatly into the latter category. It's getting hard to find a film these days that doesn't have some kind of a twist ending, which makes them a whole lot less surprising.

Other than the massively stupid ending, this film is run of the mill inoffensive fun, and well worth seeing for who wish that their teen scifi TV shows offered just a little more nudity.

it just gives you headaches. Unintentional or not

Author: otisfirefly2001 from texas
18 September 2004

What a large, large, large, pile of junk here.

How can so much crap be acumulated into one movie? Not sure on the reason, but it is. And it's in this one movie called Decoys. Which has a sequel coming? God help us all!

There is no real classification for this movie, as it is trying to be so many different things. Sometimes it will be a taught thriller, other times it will be a straight horror movie, Yet other times it seems to be another teen slasher flick. Only this time the slashers are aliens(!) Didn't mean to give anything away. But you would not want to view the movie anyways. Trust me. And if you did, you know what I mean when I say "BAD" movie!

The acting -- if you can call it that -- is done very poorly. Not one good actor in the bunch. Fresh out of acting school I guess, and a bit too soon for my taste. Each actor does the best they can at bringing these predictable characters to life. No real mystery is givin to any of the characters. You already know who the hero is...Before it is even established. You already know who the sympathetic alien is going to be...Also before it is even established.

The story is not really anything new when it comes to invasion movies involving aliens. Aliens come to earth....In human form....Try to infiltrate...Yada, Yada, Yada.

There are some amateur stabs at plot twists in the movie. But you don't really seem to want to care about them. All you want to do is see the end credits.

I don't know if SciFi starts out trying to make these D-movies, or if it is a happy accident. All I know is that every movie they have churned out is bad.....Very bad.

TOO MUCH SEX, TOO LITTLE HORROR, AND NO GORE!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
2 July 2004

This movie is a cross between "Species" and "The Thing" meets "American Pie","Porky's" and "Stepmonster". This movie was highly oversexed, has no scare factor whatsoever, and it makes "Scream" look cheap. I don't know how they made this, but it could have toned down the sex romp, and put much more intrigue in this movie. I hear that they're working on a sequel to it. And I think its a good idea. Simply because the last alien wasn't a blonde. Guess the last alien wanted to be incognito. No one, not even the hero could ever find out she was the alien, until it was too late! The cast wasn't to bad, Nicole Eggert from "Baywatch" did provide quality for the the movie.

2 out of 5 stars for campiness!

awful movie

Author: jax6 from Estonia
19 December 2004

... this was really awful to watch... acting is bad, plot is idiotic... and even these beautiful girls couldn't make it better to watch. If u like really bad movies then this is one for U!!! Generally if there are pretty girls in movies it makes u watch through the fingers in some bad cases of acting but not this time. I really really hope that there will never ever be decoys2... because then i would have to watch it (out of my curiosity) and i don't know how the second film could be better...

I'm really sorry but this is really not my cup of tea although i like "bad" horror and sci-fi movies.

(It made me so angry that i decided to write this comment.)

What a piece of s**t!

Author: suttercane from Toronto, Canada
27 February 2004

I have to say this was one of the worst films I've ever seen. I feel ashamed to be Canadian, if this is what gets funding (from like 6 different sources!!). Terrible dialogue, stupid characters that keep doing things that don't make sense, no pace, no suspense. The effects were decent I guess, and technically the film is well made. But the script is one of the worst I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through. One liners like "Belt of orion, how about belt of O-fryin'" left me cringing. And Nicole Eggert? What happened to her? The guy from 24 was good as Detective Kirk, but everyone else was terrible. With this and the slightly-better but still terrible GINGER SNAPS II, I've seen better film on teeth.

STUPID BUT REALLY FUNNY

Author: sethgecko-1 from Toronto, Ontario
2 March 2004

People who bash the one liners and crazy shots in this movie just don't get it. It's waaaay over the top and that's why it works. It's an over the top horror comedy. I thought it was hilarious at times. The only problem with it is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's really funny and every actor does a great job, but then it switches to serious and that stuff works too, but it doesn't work in comparison. That's my only problem. It's a fun, stupid movie. Anybody who doesn't see that has something to prove. Whatever happened to people just enjoying a popcorn movie. The audience I saw it with was laughing at the crazy over the top lines like "BELT OF O FRYIN!" because they were supposed to. Who would write a line like that unless it was intended to be laughed at?

Not spectacular, yet campy and entertaining sci-fi.

Author: johannes2000-1 from Netherlands
19 November 2014

This is not a spectacular, but otherwise fairly amusing and entertaining horror/sci-fi. Of course the story is (extremely!) far-fetched, but in this kind of campy sci-fi this comes with the territory. Besides that, it has a fast pace, the photography gives us exactly the right atmosphere, the settings (a snow-covered university campus) provide the usual ingredients (boozing boys and girls, long corridors, dark and cold campus-grounds, etc.) and the script and the acting are surprisingly well done. The horror-elements are not very harsh or gory, and the alien-hidden-in-a-human concept isn't really original, but it all works very effectively. There is a fair amount of humor in the script and direction, not only concerning the protagonists of the movie, but also in a more tongue-in-cheek sort of way in the background, for instance in the sometimes hilarious behavior of the sorority-girls (and boys!). And I especially liked Corey Sevier, he's cute as a puppy and gave a convincing mixture of a wannabe self- assured macho and a terrified freshman who turns into a hero in spite of himself. The special effects are not really mind-boggling, but sufficient and effective enough. And although – in such a genre movie – you're already expecting a final twist that will put the whole movie upside down, and I saw this one coming from a mile away, it still made up for a nice and worthy enough finale. The only thing that kept baffling me was the part of the police-woman (Nicole Egert). She was supposed to have had some sort of prior relationship with Luke (in spite of the obvious difference in age and in social status) and they exchange all kinds of innuendos in their (sparse) scenes together, but that was it, no further explanation, it didn't seem to have any function in the entire movie. As if we were watching a "part II" sequel to something, or as if some of their scenes together had landed on the cutting-floor and they forgot to check if the remaining scenes were tied together logically enough.

But otherwise: a very entertaining non-pretentious horror flick. It makes me curious for the sequel that was named on IMDb, in which Corey Sevier again and curiously enough (considering the final scene of part one!) seems to star.

Good, old-fashioned cheesy horror

Author: Steve Smith (sp.smith@lycos.com) from Kansas City, Missouri
2 August 2005

Decoys isn't fine art by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a modern edition of classic "B" horror movies. There's the requisite tentacled monsters, scantily-clad (a light bit of nudity toward the beginning of the movie) sorority girls, and a hidden killer decimating the campus population...the difference in this case being that all three are the same girls. Overall, it was fun, light on the "science" part of the science fiction, and even the dialogue wasn't painfully corny. The plot was put together fairly consistently, and the acting was good for, admittedly, relative unknowns. The special effects were good quality for a relatively small film (*I* didn't see this advertised at theaters), with excellently-rendered, snappy tentacles. The creatures themselves (the women in alien form) moved a bit oddly/unrealistically, but that's something that big-budget movies still have problems with, from time to time. I liked the mechanism of the aliens' attack and the fact that their lack of belly buttons was a dead giveaway to their true natures. Ultimately, it's not Shakespeare in the Park, but it was a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the sequel, myself.

Page 6 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]