IMDb > The Forgotten (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Forgotten

The Forgotten More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 44: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Forget this movie, it's crap

Author: nestle_006 from Canada
25 September 2004

The movie starts off good, then all of sudden the story turns into bore fest. You're pretty much waiting for something to happen and when it does happen it's exactly what you expect. There are about 3 or 4 scenes in the whole friggin' movie that will keep your attention (or to wake you up). The ending was totally crap and it could have used.......anything to spice it up. For sure, you will forget this movie by the next day, cause you don't want to remember spending money on this film. If you've seen the commercials (or any previews), then you've seen this movie, cause the commercials pretty much show the scariest parts of the movie. I swear it's not worth the money (full price) to see this movie. I suggest this movie for those who want to take a girl out on a movie date. She'll jump, but you'll cry (for wasting your cash on such a film, unless you get some).

Too Dumb To Hate

Author: Carl Grindley from East Haven, CT
24 September 2004

An impoverished relation to Twilight Zone and the X-Files, The Forgotten wastes the considerable talents of its cast in such an intellectually offensive manner as to boggle the imagination. The plot is so stunned, so absolutely brain dead that it almost seems as if the so-called writer must have gone out of his way to pen the most derivative, stupid and stunted script possible. If it hadn't have been so potentially ambitious in a pretentious, strained manner, it wouldn't have been so bad; as it is, it took itself so seriously that it's fall was perhaps mightier than it ordinarily would have been.

PS Earth to Moore. WEAR SOME MAKEUP. You don't have to look hagged out all of the time.

Flying away.

Author: tamimarie228 from Iowa
4 June 2010

So there is this woman, Telly, and her little boy died in a plane crash. About a year later, she is told that he never even existed at all. Her husband the psychiatrist tell her that she's crazy but she won't believe that at all. I then thought that the movie was going to be predictable and boring after that, like that movie "Flight Plan". So just when I had it all figured out, everything changes and the plot twists, turns and thickens. Everything is unexpected and super scary because I had no idea what was going to happen and it was exciting and amazing. I jumped out of my chair about ten feet when I saw what happened to Anne Pope. I never saw that one coming in a million years. So it's a great movie, scary and exciting to watch and definitely not a snooze fest.

Ugliest Actors.

Author: susan_mj from United States
8 October 2007

I've never seen anything more unwatchable than Julianne Moore's face when she's crying or emotional, ditto for the guy who played Ash. Neither of these two people are what I would call good-looking, Julianne Moore is an absolute dog, ditto for the guy who played Ash, and then to see either of them close-up with their faces all scrunched up and contorted in pain or anguish makes this more of a horror than a sci-fi. Gross.

Did anyone else notice that the 'alien' guy had no jawline when he was human? It was like his face just melted into his neck. I've turned down dates with guys who have no jawline, I think it's nasty and makes a guy look weak and soft.

Oh, one more thing, Anthony Edwards, nuff said there.

One exception, Gary Sinise, GOD, I would DO that man anywhere he wanted. If he hadn't been in it, I would have stopped watching the first time JM sniffed....

Absolutely horrible!

Author: hchais from United States
5 June 2007

This might contain spoilers. Beware. This movie is awful! I hated it. You will realize that there is no redeeming feature after seeing this movie. There is barely ever a good moment in the movie except for when it ends. The story, acting, and dialog are all incredibly bad. It was just so bad. I was so bored. I just wanted it to end. I remember that there was me, my girlfriend, and two of my friends when I went to this movie. There were like 5 other people in the theater. That is a sign. This came out in the fall of 2004. That was a season for good movies that were blockbusters. This was not a blockbuster or a good movie. We were going to lots of movies since we just got out of high school and were going to college in San Francisco. I'm sorry that I put that in, but I had to do ten lines. This was a bad movie. The worst thing about this movie, I thought, was the ending. *Spoilers* I have to say this. You can't always have a happy ending. It was so predictable. If you haven't seen this movie, then don't read the next sentence. You can't just have a her son survive at the end. You just can't! This movie was horrible! Predictable and stupid. One of my three least favorite movies of all time. 1/10.

In Search of Lost Time

Author: nycritic
6 March 2007

Joseph Reuben's THE FORGOTTEN isn't trying to paint a masterpiece of science fiction or making a bold statement. Seen as it is, it's a solid and entertaining mood piece that builds on a premise that is deceptive: a woman and a man (Julianne Moore and Dominic West) are under the belief that their children have never existed. They, and particularly Moore very early on, are inclined to believe otherwise, and from then on it's a race against time and unseen forces to see how strong the link between a belief and a reality can be. THE FORGOTTEN has much to owe to the bleakness of many "Twilight Zone" and "Outer Limit" episodes and in fact would not be out of place in that universe. As a matter of fact, it's not hard to even equate it with "The X-Files" since the idea of a conspiracy to cover up truths that lie hidden in plain view while Telly slowly and inexorably loses her mind (and everyone around her as they get zapped into mid air, a device that seems straight out of some perverse Creator who might, under other circumstances, use this as a way to get rid of characters who serve no further purpose to the plot -- which is sort of what transpires here, come to think of it). The good thing with THE FORGOTTEN is that it's not overdone, it moves along at a brisk pace, tension is very well established in a number of scenes, it looks like something out of Picasso's Blue Period, and its denouement is not something out from left field, but acceptable if a little conventional, being done before. Linus Roache is particularly creepy as "The Friendly Man" -- another nod to "The X-Files", and his confrontation with Moore is pretty exceptional. A good one to watch late at night.

I liked it

Author: fourenzics from United States
18 January 2007

Hello I love this movie and maybe it's because I see something deeper.. Or maybe I am an alien nut and love the idea of Space and Sci-Fi. But either way this has a neat ending and the idea of the theatrical ending of her realizing a mothers connection is stronger then anything else in the world that was amazing. I don't agree with the user below when the original ending was more of the point behind the movie!

Honestly I do believe though that it could have been done a little better on the ending ... but all in all I would put it up there with one of my better alien based movies. Mostly because most alien movies focus around us being attacked and killed and this case it plays into the theory of people that were in a microscope dish in a lab somewhere on a aliens work table. ;)

Totally underrated movie

Author: atosennim from United States
20 September 2006

I've seen what others have written -- bagging on this movie but in my opinion this is what's perfect about movies in general. This makes it perfect: 1) It has an original idea. 2) It has a lot of surprises. 3) You really have some care for the people in the movie. 4) It has a good ending (by that I mean uplifting).

That is what I want in a movie. I don't like movies that end badly. If I want bad I'll watch the news. There's plenty of bad made-up stories on the regular nightly news.

And I don't mean just because somebody dies its a bad ending. Braveheart had a great ending and the hero dies. American Beauty on the other hand sucked because of the ending.

So in my opinion -- "The Forgotten" is a perfect movie for those who like movies. However if you like films maybe you should see something else.

Wasn't bad but could have been better

Author: Mel J from Dundee, Scotland
3 September 2006

'The Forgotten' is a film that I quite enjoyed right until the ending, which didn't deliver what the rest of the film had been building up to.

The film centres on Telly Paretta, a grief-stricken mother struggling to come to terms with the loss of her eight-year-old son who died in a plane crash carrying him and his classmates on a school trip. But during a difficult session with her psychiatrist, she is left stunned when he reveals that her son never existed and she fabricated these eight years of memories of him in an attempt to overcome a miscarriage. Convinced that everyone around her is mad, Telly meets Ash Correll, the father of one of her son's classmates, only to discover he too has memories of a daughter no-one else remembers. Together, they determine to seek out their children and discover the truth.

Julianne Moore is very effective as in the role of Telly, depicting a woman who fiercely loves her son and will not give up on him even if her sanity and life are threatened. Dominic West also gives a good performance as Ash, a drunken and confused man who puts his problems to the side for the sake of his daughter. They are both well-supported by co-stars Gary Sinise, Alfre Woodard and Anthony Edwards.

'The Forgotten' works well as a thriller exploring how we perceive reality, questioning who is sane and who is mad and touching on the unyielding bond between parents and children. It also has some excellent moments that leave you jumping in your seat (far better than some of the so-called 'horror' flicks recently released). What is a real shame, however, is the film's ending just doesn't meet up to what was promised in the first hour-and-a-half. It's too convenient, easy and lacks depth to properly wrap up the premise offered.

That said, the involving plot (up until the last ten minutes) and the genuine frights that are abundant in 'The Forgotten' are enough to keep most people entertained so long as they don't pick too much at the finale. I have heard the alternate ending on the DVD is much superior to the theatrical ending so there is that option for those who want more. 'The Forgotten' could have been better but it's certainly one of the best thrillers of 2004 and it's worth seeing at least once.

oh dear..terrible

Author: mono_k20 from United Kingdom
25 August 2006

this movie is terrible. its really amazing to see how many people rate this movie excellent. i really cant see why this movie should be even graded 1. its a waste of time. at the end of the movie i was left feeling empty.

okay there were some nifty special effects thats about it. i am writing this so other people do not make the mistake and go buy or rent this movie. don't do it! people over rate films on here way to much. i don't understand it. if you have nothing better to do on a Friday night i would still not suggest watching this movie. fortunatley i was able to find a good use for the movie..a coaster! works a treat. as someone previously stated this movie should really be forgotten.