Though strictly speaking this movie is not an epic, it is one among those which is remembered as one. The dialogues are still in the minds of every malayali. Ramji Rao Speaking is one movie which i guess every malayali must have enjoyed. There is not one element in this movie which was unwanted or unnecessary. All emotions ,whether it was sadness or happiness or comedy or subtle romance, it was so beautifully displayed. Also one has to note that this was the directorial debut of the duo Siddique Lal who are arguably the only duo who have the record of delivering only hits. their movies have also been remade in tamil and Hindi and also been as successful.
Kudos also to Saikumar. it was his first movie. And the rest of the stars liks Innocent, Mukesh, Mamukoya... One has to also note that this movie did not feature any one of super stars of that era like mamooty or mohan lal. And still this movie is onbe among the top films which ran for a very long time.
It is sad that we don't come across such movies anymore in the malayalam film industry. Ramji Rao Speaking would be one movie which is well above the many movies which have come and and which are yet to come.
Scenes to watch out for: (practically every scene is so good it is difficult to pick, yet my fav scenes)
1. Saikumar meeting Innnocent for the first time . Ente peru Balakrishnan
2. Mamukoya coming to Saikumar's office. Note the scenes where he comes there in more than one auto and the scenes inside the office especially Sankaradi comes in.
3. Sankaradi advising Rekha on the beach on how to lure Saikumar and the scene after that.
4. Mukesh calling his mother from Calcutta (supposedly) !! Too good
5. Mukesh showing Sukumari his house (supposedly) and Saikumar coming.
6. Saikumar picking up Ramji Rao's phone in the night.... Too good again!
7. Mamukoya coming to Saikumar's house and tells the masked guys to bring Saikumar and the scenes thereafter.
I can go on and i would literally describe every scene.... The movie is that good.. There are lot of scenes which i haven't mentioned but as I said the ones listed above are my personal fav from the rest of the scenes.....Its miss if you haven't seen this film.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?