IMDb > "Champs-Elysées" (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Champs-Elysées" More at IMDbPro »

De Luxe !

Author: ahmed elshikh (ahmed_abd_elreheem@yahoo.com) from Egypt
18 May 2011

"Viva CFI, and the Egyptian TV !"

At the start of the 1990, when I was just a teen, our national TV used to air a lot of French material. Jacques-Yves Cousteau's documentaries, the classic movies, and Champs-Elysees were some of the treasures that I had, all translated, on our third channel since 1 PM to 5 PM everyday. Talk about quality time..

"Au Fait"

Michel Drucker is a great host. He's charismatic, intellectual, and funny. I don't remember one time he was rude or silly. And he got something only the great TV guys have all over the world : he's never old !

"Carte Blanche"

God. Everybody was there. I mean this show was like the biggest party ever. Whoever the star you love they got. American, French.. you name it, he or she was a guest with their very best.

"Ooh La La !"

Now that's why I was really fascinated by this show. The way the performances were directed, the numbers were choreographed, and the female dancers looked. Absolutely magic. The stage was differently spectacular every episode. Simply colorful, delightful and sexy weren't more loyally portrayed like that on small screen unless few times. Well, Champs-Elysees made the small screen Big !

"Jean-Pierre Bourtayre"

Man, your music intro is one of the most enjoyable and memorable ones I have heard. It turned from just a swift presentation into a melody of my enchanted memories. So every time I meet it, I don't get nostalgic only, I rather feel flying, on cloud 9, over the real Champs-Elysees accompanied by the crème-de-la-crème of the western artists of my time.

"De Facto"

In the history of variety shows, this one stands out as classy, smooth, and so up to date. In brief : Know the term "by the book"? Here's a De Luxe book !

"Merci"

So.. as the ABBA says Thank You For The Music. And as Dorothy Lamour says Thanks For The Memory.