IMDb > The Skulls III (2004) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Skulls III

The Skulls III (V) More at IMDbPro »

And the first Skulls was so good...

Author: Tom Smith from New Hampshire
13 October 2004

I really liked the original Skulls. There were good actors, writing/script/plot etc. And I haven't seen Skulls II yet (I didn't know there were any sequels until I saw Skulls III was on TV).

Skulls III is poor. The actors are fine, but the plot is so easy to predict. There's no suspense. No surprises. And I'd almost call Skulls III slow most of the time.

Skulls III certainly gives you nothing worth watching for 2 hours. You'd be better off renting/watching the original Skulls again, than to watch this version.

If they plan to make a Skulls IV, bring back the writers and director types which made Skulls (I) a success.

Decent...

Author: Sherazade from United States
8 June 2006

I didn't see part 1 or part 2 of this film but after catching part 3 just 15 minutes away from the beginning, I was hooked. I have to say that this part looked like a made for telly movie but it was nevertheless very engaging.

The plot deals with a college girl struggling to come to terms with her brother's death as well as her father's growing distance towards her. When she is unable to solve neither conundrum, she decides to take on "The Skulls" a society at her school (also one that her brother had been trying to get in to) and challenge their prejudices. The dean of the school hear's her plight and taps her as a front-runner to become the first female member of the 250 year old fraternity whose membership doesn't end at graduation. Slowly but surely, she begins to discover that all is not as it seems.

Spoiler

Author: financialburger from United States
18 July 2012

Spoiler !!!! This would have never happen in real life the movie was OK but the whole story line is a load of crap. If this woman tried this in the real skulls group she would of never saw the Iight of day. Skulls are 1 of the most powerful groups in America. Other than that the fantasy was fun to watch. As far as the skulls being arrested and shot + killed is Something that I don't think would ever happen. So I put this film in the fantasy selection like Disney films. So I gave it a 2 cause it's was based On something that would never happen. It's no way a woman would b able to even get close to the head of the skulls Let alone have this happen.

I can't believe I waited my entire life to be a Skull!

Author: sol from Brooklyn NY USA
11 March 2006

***SPOILERS*** Back for a third time "The Skulls III" has more or less the usual kind of story-line that the previous two Skull movies had with a bunch of young collage students running around the town at midnight, in one case with only their underwear on, doing all kinds of wild and crazy things to qualify as future Skulls. The only difference in Skulls III is that this time a young women Taylor Brooks, Clare Kramer,is allowed to become a Skull, if she can cut the mustard, and it's that slight variation that makes Skulls III watchable, especially when Taylor takes her clothes off.

Getting a bit ahead of itself the movie starts with Taylor being interrogated at the local police station about a murder that was committed the night before. Spilling her guts out Taylor tells Detectives Staynor & Valdez, Dean McDermott & Maia del Mar,about living with the thought of her brother's Sam, Toby Proctor, suicide and how she has nightmares about it. It was Taylor who discovered Sam's body.

As Taylor tells her story to the police we start to get an idea of how she ended up where we see her now, a suspect in a murder case. Taylor bucked the system by wanting to be a Skull and even worse she had her father Congressman Martin Brooks ,Ken Pruner, go against the the very motto of that secret organization that The Skulls stand and pledge their careers reputations and lives for:"A Skull Above Any Other".

As in the last two Skull movies The Skulls in Skulls III are anything but the powerful and omnipresent Boggie Men that their made out to be but a bunch of clumsy and incompetent boobs who can't get anything done right.

The core of the movie has really nothing at all to do with Taylor or her getting tapped to become a Skull, the first woman in that exclusive club. The film has to do with the goings on behind the scenes of big time businessman, Nathen Llyod ,Barry Bostwick, who needs Congressman Brooks' vote to get his company, Llyods Communications, to have all the telecommunications contracts for the US military. Congressman Brooks, a man of conscience, knows that "Llyods Communications" is incompatible with the US Army Navy and Air Force's telecommunication systems and would result in countless deaths of American soldiers if a war ever breaks out.

It turns out that Taylor's induction into The Skulls was a plan cooked up by Llyod to get her into a compromising position and use it to blackmail both her and her father to do what Llyod want's from him; vote for his company to get the military contract that would result in billions of dollars going into his pocket.

Getting Taylor drunk and on drugs at a Skull party at Llyod's mansion Llyod also used Taylor's computer to E-mail her boyfriend Ethan ,Shaun Sipos,to show up there in order to meet her about becoming a Skull. He then plans have him murdered with all the evidence rigged in order to implicate Taylor.

Predictable ending with Llyod using all his influence as a Skull to get Taylor's new boyfriend Brian ,Steve Braun, to entrap her by acting as if he's trying to help Taylor in finding Ethen's murderer. Llyod's entire plan falls apart when his son Roger, Bryce Johnson, finds out the truth that it was his father who not only murdered Ethan but tried at first to frame both Brian, in order to get him to set up Taylor, for the killing and then had him betray the totally innocent Taylor.

Being the jerk that he is Llyod spills the beans on himself in his involvement in Ethan's murder to both Brian and Taylor not knowing that Taylor secretly dialed her cell-phone to 9/11 and had the police listen in hearing what turned out to be Llyod's confession!

The movie "The Skulls III" looks like the final nail in the coffin of the Skull saga. With The Skulls looking so ridicules and brainless that no one with even half a brain would ever wan't to join that lame-brain organization again. The Skulls thankfully went out of business due to lack of interest in the fact that anyone in the entire country who has any amount of brains in his Skull would not be idiotic enough to join a blockhead club like that.

2's great, but 3's a crowd

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
17 August 2011

The final Skulls movie and to be honest I'm surprised they even bothered making a third film. Did the first two films really make that much money? But if the Stones can keep on Rolling then why not let our lovely Hollywood Executives get every penny they can get out of a silly predictable story? Now I did watch this was a completely open mind, since I was wondering what the film would be like if a female tried to join the secret society of the Skulls. This was exactly what I wanted but instead I got the exact same story as I did with the first one, all they did was pretty much replace Joshua Jackson with a female lead. Speaking of which I'm very disappointed as Clare Kramar who portrayed my favorite villain in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and does a great job as well does an absolutely horrific job as well as the other actors in this film.

Taylor Brooks, a new student who aims to become the first female member of the powerful Skulls organization. She does this mainly to impress her father who is a member, his son was meant to take over his role but couldn't handle the pressure and killed himself. Met with resistance from many of The Skulls, Taylor shows that she's willing to resort to any means necessary to gain acceptance. Like the first Skulls movie, she finds out that she may have asked too much to bargain for when she is framed for the murder of her friend.

See my thing is, you can completely tell that this movie was made for money and they were just trying to cash in on anything they could get from these movies. The story is lazy, it's told in every wrong way because it's just a copycat from the first film which was just an average thriller and the actors are just bad. There is no chemistry between anyone and since it seems like there was no passion in the film, how are we as the audience meant to have passion for it? I love the idea having a girl come into the society and her being pressured into having to be accepted by all these boys, but when you later just take the same story, there's no point to it. I thought her just having to be accepted was interesting enough.

I think I could safely say that I wouldn't really recommend any of the Skulls movies, they may be average but they are completely forgettable. They could have been something special but since no one seemed to care about these movies, we didn't. The action scenes are so boring and honestly why do I have to put up with the cliché where a villain instead of shooting "the good guy" and just ending it always stalls and ends up telling his whole plan to her?! I loved how she opens her phone and dials 911 without him noticing, not to mention he acts all surprised when they do find out. I know, it wouldn't have been a film otherwise, but still, that's such a stupid cliché. But like I said, these films are forgettable and I feel bad since I know there are people who really enjoyed the first film, but just stick to that one if you wanted to see The Skulls. That was the only film that was close to good. This film was just plain bad and I do not recommend it to anyone.

Not bad

Author: Xeno_ (xenomorph82@hotmail.com) from Quebec, Canada
22 April 2004

The lead role of this third film about the Skulls (but that can still work pretty well as a stand alone) is Clare Kramer (Glory in the 5th season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer). It's the first movie I saw her in with a leading role and I found her performance to be pretty good.

The overall acting in the movie was fine.

I found the story to be pretty predictable but still enjoyable. There were no pointless or rushed scenes. They succeed in keeping your interest during pretty much all the movie. And everything (I think) is explained at the end.

So an enjoying movie with a good story

The Skulls 3 Review

Author: StarWarsChick4Ever (i_love_haydenchristensen@yahoo.com) from United States
28 July 2004

Honestly, I loved it. I am a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have seen the first 2 Skull movies, and when I found out that Clare Kramer was in the 3rd, I thought I would watch it. I have rented the movie at least 17 times, I cannot find it on DVD, or I would buy it. I have read some of the reviews, mentioning that it is one of the worst sequels. I totally disagree. I do not like the movie just because Clare Kramer is in it, I liked the storyline, I thought there was a little twist at the end. I loved how Taylor fought her way, and did research to prove to her father that she was just as good as the guys, if not better. They would have failed everything if it was not for her and I admire her character, and I also liked in the end that Roger had helped. I can't really think of a lot of things to say, except that I loved it, and that it is my second favorite movie, ever. (My first is Queen of the Damned.) Also, IT WAS WAY BETTER THAN THE FIRST TWO! That's my opinion.

Not much of a movie, but Clare Kramer is a talented hottie worth watching.

Author: Li-1
5 February 2005

Rating: * 1/2 out of ****

Here it is for your viewing enjoyment, the second straight-to-video sequel to a box office release nobody remembers. For anyone who's not tired of the formula flogged out over the last two films or hasn't seen them, The Skulls III should make for a perfect Friday night rental. In the end, it's still a simple rehash, only with a nominal twist; the lead character is a hot chick, not a bland-looking blonde pretty boy.

Clare Kramer stars as Taylor Brooks, a college co-ed trying to initiate into the elite, secret society known as the Skulls. The members are all male, but an exception is made in her case because of her father's connections. Despite passing the required tests and rituals, Taylor finds herself in a tight jam; she wakes up one morning to find blood all over her clothes and her boyfriend dead. No points for guessing the Skulls are setting her up to blackmail her father. As expected, she's not going to take this treatment lying down, and with the help of a few friends, she searches for any evidence that can clear her name.

If the original Skulls was an overwrought thriller with horrific leads (Joshua Jackson, Paul Walker, and Leslie Bibb), then the sequels are at least a step above thanks to more likable and charismatic actors. The Skulls II benefited from solid performances from Robin Dunne and the super-hot Lindy Booth (who's fast becoming my current favorite hottie actress); this second sequel stars the delectably hot Clare Kramer, whose presence alone is enough to sustain the movie even when you know it's all routine.

The first half of the movie is structured rather awkwardly, there's a police interrogation that leads to a flashback, but this segment is interrupted before going to the flashback again in a different location, even though the new guy asking the questions already knows as much as the person supplying them. This is truly dumbing down for the audience.

The second half is more traditional to the series formula, though a lower budget puts things on a smaller scale. There's some tip-toeing around and some close call, near encounters with the villains, hardly anything you haven't seen before and done better, even in its predecessors. The expected chase scene is more perfunctory than ever, it's basically a middle-aged guy chasing after a fit, young woman down a few steps before she kicks his ass.

And while this has always been a thriller cliché, ever since Pitch Black, it's become more popular than ever for a movie to present us with characters who turn out not to be whom they initially appeared to be (PB and Unbreakable are the only movies in recent memory to pull this kind of twist off perfectly). Let's just say it won't take a genius to guess which of the male leads turns out to be the surprise villain and which turns out to be the surprise hero.

For all my complaints, I knew perfectly well what to expect from this movie and I can at least say it's always watchable. There may be no first-rate thrills or suspense, but the plot moves at a fast clip and doesn't waste much time getting from Point A to Point B. Best of all is the charming Clare Kramer, who's immensely appealing and a total delight to stare at.

It's rather a pity that she's mostly appeared in supporting roles below high-profile young actresses like Kirsten Dunst, Kate Bosworth, and Jessica Biel. There's no question in my mind she deserves to be a bigger star than all of them combined. The Skulls is a series that looks like it's going nowhere fast, but here's hoping it'll at least serve as a stepping stone for a few talented young actors.

Not bad...

Author: Dave (phantom2099@hotmail.com) from Puerto Rico
2 September 2005

If i were you, i would skip Skulls 2 and go directly to this nice little gem. Clare Kramer actually did a decent job at this film, as well as the other cast. Normally i don't expect much from direct to video sequels of popular teen movies but this one actually surpassed the original in my opinion. Providing more interesting twists and turns than the original ever did. Not to mention the carbon copy sequel which really sucked. This one really held my interest and kept me guessing at an outcome.

Kramer stars as Taylor a bright and head strong young woman who is still haunted by her brothers suicide and her fathers growing distance. She decides that she will take up the mantel her brother failed to do with becoming a skull. But as the old saying goes, be careful what you wish for. As Taylor suddenly begins to spiral out of control down a path of betrayal, jealousy and murder.

Unlike Skulls 2, this third actually spends time detailing the grueling process of becoming a skull, Skulls 2 skipped all that and just repeated the same scenes from the original, the only thing skulls 2 had differently was a breasts. And sadly Skulls 3 didn't but I'm not complaining the story was so good, i quickly forgot my horn dog ways. Skulls 3 has everything you would want in a good Friday night movie...except breasts but i think we can overlook that cant we?

Not a bad way to waste a couple of bucks on a weeknight.

Teaches not to decide about people at first sight...

Author: selina_x9
24 January 2005

Death is nothing but a survival from this tricky world.No matter what anyone says I think this film is worth watching. Bryce acts as a perfect actor and a girl's real power is shown.Wrong impressions about the weakness of women have to be disappeared and this film may help those kind of thought's owners to change their ideas. After this film I am a fan of (not Steve's) Bryce's and expect many more films from him!..There must be more photos and movies of Bryce Johnson.This is the certain idea of my friends and mine. Although I prefer sci-fi films more than watching these kind of thrillers which include less action but the sense that makes us believe in the doubts is even enjoyable in some parts..