"Omnibus" J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and Me (2001)

« Prev | 13 of 250 Episodes | Next »

The story of JKR and her books summed up in one programme!

Author: HPDJ from Bridgend, South Wales
20 November 2003

Joanne Kathleen Rowling. World famous author of the Harry Potter series. This one-off is filled with info and illustrations by Rowling of what her creations look like. If you have not read all of the series, try and avoid. Otherwise...A MUST FOR POTTER FANS!

Carless Whisper

Author: FcPoliFan from Timisoara, Romania
20 September 2005

I don't really know why I insisted on watching this short, potterish resume. It's probably the obsession that drove me at a certain point. Was it really worth its minutes? Depends what you're looking for.

I'll put it bluntly: if all you want is to find out interesting info about Harry and his fate in the Hogwarts universe, this probably isn't for you. First of all, because the film appeared before the launch of HP 5 and you've found out most things already. And secondly, because there aren't really that many delightful tidbits to be heard.

On the other hand, if you desire to learn more about JK Rowling, you might just have hit the jackpot with this one. You'll get to know not only her story, but also the person behind it. Before seeing her, I thought Rowling would've been different. I never expected such an introvert. It's not something of a negative nature, definitely not, but I supposed she'd be more of a character than such an earth-bound person...

If you dare change the perspective and try to think of the Harry Potter books as an element in our world, it actually makes sense. Learning about the people who created something that defines us so should be of interest to every Potter fan. Even if it means leaving Harry behind for an hour or so.

Insightful for the Potter fans.

Author: dy158 from Singapore
11 June 2006

I had forgotten when was this aired on the local television here. But I know it has been some time. Had I knew it earlier of an entry on this site, I would had updated this beforehand.

For the Harry Potter fans like me, many of us may have wondered along the way as we read the adventures of Harry and his friends...how on earth did JK Rowling get all the stuff in the books? What are her inspirations?

All these and more are being explained in this documentary where the famous author of the bestselling series let the outside world have a peek into her own world. Given it's understandable that she is a very private person, this is really very insightful and informative especially for the fans. Not only learning about JK's inspirations to the books, there's even an insight to her life, pre-Harry Potter fame.

It's really recommended, especially if you are a Harry Potter fan yourself.