IMDb > An Elephant on Their Hands (1912) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

An Elephant on Their Hands More at IMDbPro »

Something good for the blues

Author: deickemeyer from Chicago
26 February 2017

The rest of us may be descended from monkeys; but surely this ripping comic is a "Bunnygraph" His elephantship, the leader of the film, is so truly on to the game and so serious in his part that he reminds us of our old friend and, in such a picture, nothing could be better. Mr. Goodsport, played as George Ober can play, is in that whoop-la, mellow frame of mind that leads a man to buy an elephant, and Goodsport then takes it home. They go to bed together; but the elephant occupies all the bed and wants all the covers. Goodsport would have been content; but his wife (Kate Price), who with some friends had taken refuge in the garret objects and, through the window, rouses the neighborhood. But even when the sheriff had been called and the elephant had been got downstairs, he wouldn't go out, not while the kitchen smelt so good. Gene Mullin wrote the sketch and has given us something good for the blues. Frederick Thomson has ably produced it. Flora Finch, Lillian Walker, Robert Gaillard and Charles Eldridge add their part to the happy, general result. - The Moving Picture World, November 2, 1912