Careful how you treat people on the way up....

Author: toronto_bill from Canada
18 April 2013

Chevy has the reputation of being hard to work with in the industry. This roast was a reflection of how they felt about him.

The line up was less than stellar. No one of any importance agreed to come. Well except Al Franken, Lorraine Newman and Steven Colbert.

After all the fun Chevy said two jokes and ran. He obviously didn't want to be there. So i wonder how he was roped into being the Roastee?

Watch it to watch Chevy squirm. The elephant IS in the room and no one is paying attention.

To sum up. Careful how you treat people on the way up to stardom, because you'll meet them on the way down.

My basic thoughts on the roast and what I found to be a little but debatable.

Author: makaveli_192 from Canada
3 March 2014

This was almost hurtful to watch, I think the rumor has gotten around enough that Chevy was a "little" bit difficult to work with at times but this was completely out of hand and as we all know from the articles, he did not handle it well.

I understand the reasoning that in a roast, the roastee has to develop a thicker skin before walking out there and that some of the stuff might get a little bit harsh, but usually there's a sense of joke to them in the voice of the person delivering the puns, in this case, everything said sounded almost hostile. With no humor added at all.

I personally love Chevy as an actor and an artists because I think he's one of the funniest actors/comedians of his time. I didn't like however, watching the poor guy tear up behind his glasses because people are speaking to him with a sense of cruelness.

VERY Inappropriate

Author: tljbj-1 from Chico, CA
3 November 2006

This roast never should have happened. A seemingly endless string of unfunny B-List comedy hacks were just downright mean. Roasts are supposed to be harsh but warm. That is easy to do when you know and love the roastee. But since none of those speaking knew anything about the man, it was just plain rude.

I have to give Chevy props. He actually stayed for the whole thing. I would have walked off the stage in the first five minutes. He had to sit there and listen to the unfunny, hurtful, and completely inaccurate portrayal of his career and life. When it was finally over, he stood up, looked directly at the camera, and said, "That hurt." He was absolutely crushed.

It was a very unfortunate evening for Chevy and everyone that knows and loves him.