IMDb > Die Hard: Vendetta (2002) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Die Hard: Vendetta (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Superb !

Author: Pablo Garcia (pablogarcia_c@hotmail.com) from Hermosillo, México
7 March 2003

I think this is one of the most underrated (don't know if i got the spelling right due to the fact that i'm mexican.) first person shooters in the market. You fill the shoes of John McLane, the NYPD cop with the worse luck ever(that know is an old man), you need to protect McLane's daughter Lucy (know a grown women that is a cop herself). She was seen briefly on Die Hard 1, the plot is not so good but it has cool sound effects and average graphics. The game has it's good things, for example, you can sneak up on other bad guys and use them as shields from bullets, or if you sneak up on the leader you can take him as a hostage and he'll convince the other thugs to put their guns down and that opens the option of arrest. After you've arrested their asses you can interrogate them and after they finish telling you all they know, you can simply put a couple of bullets in their skull. The game has an excellent script that opens the option of talking to other persons, and it has extremely crude language. The voice work is great on civilians and specially on latin and black thugs, but the voice on McLane isn't as good. The games biggest flaw is that the control is hard to use, (the same mistake had been done on Turok: Evolution.) and it has auto-aim that makes it possible to just leave the fire button pressed and you'll kill everyone, making it extremely easy and unexciting, if you switch the auto-aim off it makes it extremely hard to aim and the enemy's shots are exagerated when it comes to damage. It only has the story mode and no multiplayer is available, but I heard it will be available on the PS2 version. Most persons have found this game mediocre but I didn't find it that bad, and for 20 bucks it's a bargain. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Quite cool, but not engaging enough.

Author: Shawn Watson from The Penumbra
31 July 2004

I quite enjoyed Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza on the PC. This game is done in the same first-person shooter style with much of the same voice cast. Vendetta has the advantage of multiple locations. The first game, obviously, took place entirely withing Nakatomi Plaza with many levels looking the same and hard to differentiate from each other. Vendetta has museums, prisons, streets, pool halls, police stations, observatories, fish factories and...Nakatomi Plaza, again.

It's a shame the RPG element of the game wasn't developed more. Instead of being yet another first-person shooter with the Die Hard name, a lot more could have happened if the game play had evolved from just running around and shooting. Fun it may well be, but a lot more it could have been too.

You get infinite lives too. And trust me...you need 'em. Along with roaming around levels there is also a lot of puzzle solving to be done. So take it from me, search EVERYWHERE for clues and items before throwing the joy pad at the wall in a rage. Trial and error is the key to solving this game and even though it may take a zillion attempts you'll eventually make it all the way through. I did finish this game in 5 days after all. And I am absolutely rubbish at games.

Fun it is indeed. But very linear and not the kind of game you'd go back to once finishing. It's best to pick it up cheap, especially if you liked the first one.

a good enough shooter

Author: Bettlejuice from United States
3 December 2007

Die Hard Vendetta serves as a Sequel to the Die Hard Trilogy and tells of the continuing troubles of John McClane. (though it is no longer considered a part of the story because it doesn't fit into the the story of Live Free or Die Hard) The Gameplay is actually quite fun though it's not a huge difference from the other hundreds of first person shooters out there. It tries to distance itself by adding several puzzle elements and stelth levels but that usually ends up being annoying when you want to burn off steam by shooting lots of bad guys in a row. the story is compelling enough and the graphics while fairly weak in the cut scenes are actually pretty good when it comes to the actual game play. and at the end of the day is still got a Die Hard stamp which has to count for something. While it sure isn't the next Goldeneye when you actually get to shoot its quite fun to go into hero mode and go into a field with a hundred bad guys shooting at you guns blazing. ( you do get lots of bullets so that never turns into a problem)

Good!

Author: (6270@alfristoncollege.school.nz) from New Zealand
6 September 2007

Too difficult. 6/10

Author: Star Wars Lover (ilovestarwars@ubbi.com.br) from Brazil
19 February 2005

Die Hard was a promise of VU Games, saying that would be the best movie-based game of all time.If the promise was cool graphics and police cop realism, the promise was accomplished.But if the promise was a cool game that after 2 or 3 times you pass a course, they had not accomplished.You only pass a course after 9 or 10 tries.It's a extremely HARD game.Perhaps they used "Die HARD" to make a game "Finish HARD".It's impossible to pass the courses.The game could be better if it had a Multiplayer Mode.Don't buy it, only rent if if you think you're a very very good game player.

The Best: Cop realism, good graphics

The Worst: Very Very difficult

Missing: Multiplayer Mode

Awesome

Author: Chances911 from Az
18 November 2003

This game is fun and it never gets boring. I got this for christmas from my mom last year because I love the Die Hard films and she saw this game. So I am playing it and I'm hooked it's fun and it has a good story to it. The story is John has heard that Lucy is in trouble because he heard that it was her first day as a cop. She is being held hostage so you have to go rescue her. Second level you free a lot of hostages, third level you are at this movie theater where you have to rescue hostages, kill lots of guys which is fun, and make sure none of the hostages die. If that sounds interesting to you then pick up this game.