IMDb > "Today" (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Today" More at IMDbPro »

The absolute worst thing to hit Australian television

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
28 April 2014

I have not seen a show where I haven't had a hatred for it that's THIS strong. I mean I can talk about the pointlessness of Big Brother and the complete over-the-top sappiness of Dr Phil and the utter stupidity of Jerry Springer (I only watched these shows ONCE! And that was because my mother liked them). This however is probably the longest waste of time to hit television since... I think ever.

Okay so how can a show about reporting the news for four hours possibly be this bad? Well how about the complete obnoxiousness of Karl Stefanovic. This guy needs to be punched in the face, He is probably the worst thing to hit Australian television. The other news anchors are tolerable in comparison, Richard Wilkins has opinions I disagree with - sure but he says everything like it's fact. I mean I know he's a paid critic but how about saying what some people may or may not like?

You think I'm finished bashing these anchors? No I'm just getting started. Lisa, Georgie and whoever the f#ck else is at the desk is pretty much a yes person to Carl's self-inflated ego that would make William Shatner cringe. Steven Jacobs has Oh so hilarious antics while reporting the weather that would make the fan base of Jack & Jill call him "not funny" and... The same thing can be said for every other thing that gets cracked.

The only thing useful about this show is that (I can't believe I'm saying this) is that it is decently lit and the stage is okay... Did you want me to say anything else? I mean I can see some people watching this in the morning and liking it but for me it is an obnoxious waste of time. I would recommend looking on the internet for news. At least then you wouldn't have to put up with Carl.