IMDb > Frankenthumb (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Frankenthumb (V) More at IMDbPro »

Best of the Thumb flicks - I shall call it..Pepper.

Author: Kris Earle from Boston, MA
2 April 2003

I bought all 5 of the thumb flicks, this is probably the best one. Odekerk did a nice job on these, the extras are very cool, commentary, 'deleted' scenes (which are really just short jokes), 'interviews' (same, short jokes) and other extras -- there are some really funny moments in this one...Pepper and Humpy are fun and the Doc is easily the best of the thumbs with his mannerisms and general good nature. Look out for the one-eyed thumb, he's in all of them, whizzing by.... 8 out of 10. A solid B. I laughed out loud 1-2 times, which is always good in a flick. Spend 7-10$ and add it to the collection - I'd love to see more thumbmation movies! Oh, and rent Kung Pao the movie - Odekerk did this too and it's also very very funny!

excellent brainless fun!

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
8 March 2006

While you might think my above comment is negative, it surely isn't--we all sometimes need a good laugh at really goofy and stupid films. And, when I need a chuckle, this film is just the answer--with lots of excellent moments.

The film is one of a series of really cheesy but highly entertaining THUMB movies--where human thumbs are given computer generated faces and costumes and do wonderful parodies of movies. While this isn't the best of them (I'd give that nod to THUMB WARS or THUMBTANIC), it is one of the better ones. I also appreciate that this is a short that will appeal to both adults (provided they are not too straight-laced) and kids. So, pop it in an have a good silly laugh!

"really spiced up our lives"

Author: shawshank86 from United States
21 February 2007

this is one of those movies that will always be done again and again: a spin-off of frankenstein. it just seems to keep captivating our interests. because it just keeps getting done, so must the parodies. for me, this combats mel brooks' "young frankenstein" (frankensteen, if you will) for the best parody though i should also sight tim burton's early film short "frankenweenie" for being pretty great too. this film always gets me laughing no matter what mood i'm in. the big line will always be "we shall call him--pepper...he really spiced up our lives" what a great idea! if you enjoyed any of the other thumb movies, or even "kung-pow: enter the fist" i highly recommend this one, especially if you enjoyed the other films i referenced.

Painful to watch.

Author: monkeyjb1988 from United States
28 October 2008

I couldn't even finish watching this crud. I decided to watch it see what it was like, as I have heard about these thumb films, but I've never actually seen one, so I wanted to check it out. Good God, I will never watch a thumb film as long as I live. The (over)acting was terrible. I know it was technically a cartoon but come on, that's the worse excuse ever. The characters were so boring, cardboard characters have more depth. The film looked horrible. The sets were alright, but the thumbs just bobbed up and down and slide to where they needed to be. The worse part was that this was trying to spoof Frankenstein, a classic, and failed miserably. None of the jokes were remotely funny. By all means, avoid this piece of crud at all costs. Find the original Frankenstein and enjoy it. If you did see this film (the thumb one), use Frankenstein to wash this filth out of your system.