IMDb > "Phil of the Future" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Phil of the Future"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Phil of the Future" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Best Disney Show Ever!

Author: Lisa from United States
27 November 2005

I think Phil of the Future is the best Disney show I have ever seen! A couple of years ago I used to like watching Lizzie McGuire, that show was funny but Phil of the Future is a lot better. I watch this show all of the time and even my parents like it. All the actors in this show are super funny. Phil and Pim are my favorite since they are always fighting with each other. The way Phil and Pim get along reminds me of the way it is my house with my brother and I. Phil of the Future is not like any other TV show I have seen before, all of the future gadgets make you wish you can live in the future. I don't know of any person who doesn't like this TV show, so I recommend that you watch it too!!

I like it

Author: xarrow from CA, US
28 November 2004

For everyone who hates this show and wonders why they don't speak in some sort of futuristic language, remember, IT IS A KID'S SHOW! The acting isn't great, but I do like Phil's character. Ricky Ullman is actually a pretty good actor who will be in a lot of moves in the near future. You always know he's going to do something that will make the situation right. I don't really like when they start talking about Pim a lot, but I guess they have to fill the entire 30 minutes. I don't understand why some people are critiquing this show like it's on primetime network TV, but whatever floats their boat.

Anyway, this is probably my favorite Disney Channel show (without much competition).

A great, funny, Disney Channel Original Comedy.

Author: ohlaurenn from Fresno, CA
9 August 2004

I was very impressed with Disney's newest show Phil of the Future. It gave new life to the Disney channel. Plus, it is very different from Lizzie Mcguire, Even Stevens, Thats so Raven Etc. If you think about it this is the only Disney channel show (with real people) that has a different plot than:

"teens trying to find there place in life and survive the brutal life of jr high/high school."

i mean the POTF plot is SO different than that. And i am SO glad its not another Lizzie Mcguire. Aside from the annoying sound effects every 30 seconds and the out of order episodes, this is a well thought out planned Disney channel show. And Ricky Ullmans (Phil) acting is great and he plays the role of Phil perfectly. Amy Bruckner (Pim) brings comedy and life to the show. And Alyson Michalka (Keely) is a great choice for the roll of Keely. All in All, this is a great Disney show and i will continue to watch it.

1 of the best shows on Disney Channel

Author: meow11 from Australia
9 November 2005

This show would have to be one of the best shows on Disney Channel. People who complain about graphics and things don't get the full picture. They're not trying to make something with a bad story-line and fantastic graphics, they're trying to make something with an interesting story-line, and graphics as best as they can do them, it's not like they can spend millions and millions of dollars on a TV show, be more realistic. Also, I don't get why people complain about shows being rubbish, why don't they just not watch them? Anyway, this show is great. It offers humor, romance, conflict, etc. This show isn't supposed to be for people 20 and over, it's for kids and teens, and quite frankly, I wouldn't change anything about it.

Its a great show

Author: dempseyraven from USA
16 August 2004

I love this show! Its one of my favorite Disney shows along with raven and Lizzie. Ricky Ullman is a good actor and I have a feeling he'll go far. The show has a good story base and its awesome. Its a great show for teens and tweens and i love it! I love Pim (amy) and Keeley(alyson). Its a funny show and who knows, maybe all the gadgets they have will give someone an idea for an invention for the future. lol. Anyways I hope the rest of you enjoy it. I hope to see these actors/actresses in more upcoming films. This is just a great show on Disney and i watch it about every night Keep Watching! I know I will be.

Disney's Second Best Show

Author: The_Amazing_Spy_Rises from United States
16 October 2005

In my opinion, "That's So Raven" is Disney's best show, but "Phil of the Future" is excellent as well. It is likable for all ages, with Ricky Ullman leading as the title character, Phil Diffy. The show's story is as follows: A family from the future (the year 2121) travels through time, and becomes stuck in the present time (2005). This is a very original plot that should be given some sort of medal. It's such an obvious idea, but no one's attempted it yet. The story centers mainly around Phil (Ricky Ullman), but we do get glimpses into the life of his little sister Pim (Amy Bruckner). Ullman's character is an adorable, everyday nice guy that everyone likes, but Bruckner's is the bullying girl that everyone is afraid of. When they clash, it's very funny, and the brother/sister chemistry is good with these two actors. As if they weren't enough, we also get a likable and enjoyable performance from Phil's best friend, Keely (singer/guitarist Alyson Michalka). Despite these great showings from these 3 youngsters, the adult star is actually not even a regular. Vice Principal Hackett and Curtis the Caveman are both played by the show's director, J.P. Manoux, who does such a great job of playing the loveless Hackett, and the clueless Curtis. Craig Anton and Lise Simms are supporters, playing the parents of Phil and Pim. Anton plays the father very well, making him likable and funny, in a non-purposeful way. Simms' character as the mom is really the only down-to-earth character besides Phil, but she does have her quirky moments. All in all, this is a fun show that is great for the whole family, which is Disney's forte, right? Go check it out this weekend 9/10 RUNTIME: 30 Minutes

Awesome Disney Channel Show

Author: scissorhands__emily from United States
17 June 2006

I love "Phil of the Future"! It is such a great Disney Channel Show. At first I was skeptical at the commercials thinking it would be just another dumb show, but I was really surprised. Once I started watching it I liked it more and more. It's pretty funny. I think it throws the jokes in at just the right time and I also think there are so many cute moments in this between Phil and Keely (I know, I'm a Pheely fan!). Pim is a really hilarious character and most of the words from her mouth are big laughs. I think all the acting is well done and that it is a good change from the usual shows because it's a completely different theme from everything else with the Diffy's coming from the future. This show seems to have a pretty good range in fans to. Older and younger kids can like this. Younger kids because it's funny and has all of these cool gadgets and older kids because of the great chemistry between Pheely and also the comedy. I'd definitely recommend this as I think it's the best show Disney Channel has right now (prefer this to Suite Life and Raven).

Its a cute show, for Sat. morn

Author: nissy1990 from Canada
11 March 2006

I'm a 15 yr old girl and in my opinion, Potf is a good show but not if you're gonna criticize acting, special effects and w/e..i mean i just wake up on Saturday and watch the shows like raven , suite life and Phil of the future just for a few laughs and a cute TV show. Sure the story line of Potf is clichéd but its cute. Besides...Aly and Ricky are good actors, they play their part well . Oh yes and the fact that Ricky is super hot helps too.

What I'm saying is if you're looking for a cute show on a lazy Saturday morning and you're not in the mood to criticize it, just watch it, you'll get a few laughs its honestly not as bad a show as many people make it out to be. Besides if you're a girl you get 30 minutes of Ricky :P Hope you found this comment helpful.:)

Learn To Spell

Author: Aly from United States
9 March 2005

First of all, for those who are dissin' Phil Of The Future, please learn to spell *rolls eyes*.

Now. Phil of the Future has its good points and bad points. Ricky and Alyson are great actors and actresses, and just because Alyson is blonde and skinny, doesn't mean you need to diss her. The girl that plays Pim is a rising star, and keeps the rivalry between her and Debby fresh. Although the plot lines could be better, and the special effects are so so, you can really see that the actors and actresses are dealing with the lines they have been given as best as possible. My comments for Disney? Liven up the plots, make them a bit more original, and put in some of those superb special effects you know you can do, and this could be a great show! PS: *alot* of the actors and actresses on Disney are older than who they play. Deal with it. It just makes them more mature. Raven is 19. So what? The girl that played Christine in Phantom Of The Opera is 18, and your not complaining about that.

i love the show

Author: kevin_lenz_664 from Alta, iowa
10 August 2004

I love the show it is really great and whoever doesn't like it should just keep it to themselves because it is one of the best shows to be on the Disney channel in quite a while also i really like the performance that amy bruckner and kay panabaker show on the show they are amazing actresses also ricky ullman really fits the part as the older brother he does a fantastic job on the show i hope that this show is on the Disney channel for several more years highlighting the rest of high school for phil and keely then show them graduating and that being the final episode of phil of the future. Also i hope that in future episodes they bring in some talented guest stars that would be very nice to see thank you

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]