IMDb > "Scare Tactics" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

Fake, fake, fake

Author: DennisAlexis from Sweden
24 November 2008

Oh dear, this is one of the most worst TV shows I've ever seen. Actors are suppose to scare innocent victims while being filmed by hidden cameras. But the whole show is obviously fake. All the so- called "victims" are lame actors without any feeling at all. Can't you tell by the look of them? It obvious that they're all acting, and they're not even good at it. It's so pathetic.

The only good thing about this show is the host Shannen Doherty, known for her role as Brenda Walsh in "Beverly Hills 90210". I do love her. I just wish she would have skipped this kind of crap because she is worth so much better.

Beware of this show! It's trash! Trust me, I'm a horror fan.

Nice Start, But...

Author: Matt Hanke (guitarpick_77@hotmail.com) from Oklahoma, USA
25 April 2003

The show "Scare Tactics", although a great premise, is sorely wasted on the Sci Fi Channel, and Shannen Doherty. Although the series has had its moments thus far, most of the segments are only fairly interesting (some just downright boring and ill-conceived), with only a few really being anything worth viewing. Most of the storylines are pretty lame, the writers are already beginning to re-hash some of their material from previous segments, and Shannen Doherty, although a definite hottie, just doesn't have what it takes to be a host.

Again, an interesting premise for a TV series, a (supposedly) scary version of "Candid Camera", with a fairly good start, but the steam is running out quickly and I certainly don't see it being picked up for a second season, if it even finishes its first.

someone is going to get seriously hurt

Author: baconbit from Binghamton
10 May 2003

Since television apparently can't find writers anymore, we get more and more of this garbage. When will TV execs learn that regular people aren't funny. Not even to laugh at. The real problem with this show is that sooner or later, someone will get hurt or killed. And I am not talking about the 'victim'. I'm talking about the actors. Already the 'hitchhiker' got the crap beat out of him in the car. But what would have happened if the victim happened to be carrying a gun? Boy, that sure would be funny. And if that did happen, what happens to the guy who shoots him? Is it self defense? Actually, he not only wouldn't get charged with the shooting, but he could also sue and win a huge settlement for the mental anguish that comes from killing someone.

And this is funny?

I actually hope it DOES happen. Not an actual death, but close to it. That way, maybe these shows will all be forgotten and leave comedy up to people with a sense of humor.

Why is this funny?

Author: FeverDog from Center of the Universe
21 October 2003

I've watched a couple of episodes but don't like the premise of the show a bit. If my friend went out of his way to scare the crap out of me (especially on camera), I'd kick his ass. Finding a murder victim in a claustrophobic location like under a trailer home would be just a little traumatic, don'tcha think? I wouldn't laugh off such a heartless prank.

From "Candid Camera" to Punk'd," I always find this type of entertainment more cruel than funny.

"Jamie Kennedy Expriment" it ain't!

Author: Ericho from Florida of America
10 July 2003

Like you might of read in my "Trigger Happy TV" review, most of the time I can't stand reality shows. This is just another example of a bad one. Anyway, it's about another dumb reality show, this time, it's about trying to scare the jeepers out of people. It's just *beep* this and *beep* that. I totally agree with Tom Hunter. What would happen if the victims had a gun and supposedly killed one of the attacking actors? How would that turn out? Another annoying thing is how EVERY SINGLE DANG commerical for this show ends with Shannon Doherty saying "Laugh it up, you could be next", "Laugh it up, you could be next", "Laugh it up, you could be next"...Well, I've got something to say Shannon, I'M NOT LAUGHING!!! A lot of the times the stupid pranks aren't even scary, like the one where the guy touches the fake meteor and gets these alien markings or something. It's not even scary!! Not that I know about this show, if I'm ever caught in some scary supernatural place, I can say, "I'm on that dumb show, 'Scare Tactics', aren't I?".

Now, if you want a good "Candid Camera" like show, you should watch "JKX: Jamie Kennedy Expriment". Now, THAT is a good reality show! The jokes are next to harmless, and the people are good sports about it, instead of the people in this show, pointing middle fingers at the camera. Sci-Fi Channel has shown some of my favorite shows like "Stargate SG-1", "Mystery Science Theater 3000", "The X-Files" etc. so this is a big disappointment. So, I'm just saying, please avoid this really bad show, and watch JKX instead. A 2/10.

No Shannen, no show

Author: Thor2000 from Collinsport, Maine
26 August 2005

I really liked this show to start out; having someone as sexy as Shannen Doherty to host a horror series like this sure made me want to watch it, but my understanding of the show and what it was going to be about was completely off. This wasn't a horror series. I was expecting a series that staged paranormal incidents in public, not vicious "practical jokes." Did I say practical jokes? These weren't jokes; these are sadistic stunts. Part Twilight Zone and mostly stupid, the series lost me after a while. With Shannen on the series, I could at least change channels during the sadism, but when she left, so did I. (The worst thing was that she had been booted from her other series, well, no harm no foul; when was the last time a TV executive knew what he was doing.)

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]