IMDb > Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mickey's PhilharMagic More at IMDbPro »

Mickey's Philharmagic - Not just for little kids but big ones too!

Author: scout1621 from United States
29 December 2004

I recently visited the Magic Kingdom as an adult with my mom, her best friend and my adult sister. Disney World is often mistakenly perceived as a place for just children, but when you see quality shows like Mickey's Philharmagic, you realize that the magic of Disney is for everyone! It was such a great show that we left the theater and turned around and got in line again. And then a third time. It was absolutely breathtaking. I would encourage anyone who goes to Disney World to check out this show, which is not just a show but a world wind, fun filled ride with Donald as he once again lets his temper get him in trouble!

Best 3-D Effect I've ever seen

Author: Smoothpants from Cambria Heights, NY
14 May 2006

I'm not a Disney fan at all, but I happen to be in Orlando for a friend's wedding. So my traveling partner and I went to Disney for a few days. I haven't seen a good 3-D effect in, well..ever. So I usually try to stay away from these presentations. The 3-D effect in this was so good. I'm a grown man of 38, and even I wanted to try and reach out and touch. It's THAT good! Word of advice. At the end, look to the back of the theater on the wall. Put it like this...the first time I saw it, the effect wasn't working. So I told my friend..."It would have been nice if...." My friend said, "That's exactly what happens. It's not working for some reason." It's an awesome show. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Fun Fun Fun for all ages!

Author: corkyswife from Ft Lauderdale, FL
22 August 2004

I took my almost-6-yr-old to the Magic Kingdom for her very first time recently, and we did all the usual stuff. While in Fantasyland, in line for Peter Pan's Flight, I told her we were going to Mickey's PhilharMagic next. She objected fiercely! "It's not a RIDE. You have to sit still!" I begged her to indulge me. Well, she absolutely loved it! The first item to come "flying" out at us, she flinched back, smiling and laughing all the time. This 3D experience is as only Disney can make it - fun, magical, exciting, never dull. As an adult, I found myself even getting misty at some of the songs and the nostalgia of Disney memories. I hadn't even seen some of the movies that were represented in song, but I enjoyed every minute. I HIGHLY recommend this for everybody, even the little ones who you don't think will sit still for a movie. We went back the next day, and she was looking forward to those doors swinging open, and the great "ride" that was the movie.

Stop reading, go see it!

Author: pausebreak from Philippines
8 March 2006

It's not a movie, but an experience!

Not the usual eye candy I thought it would be. Too many things are happening at once, your senses almost couldn't handle it. A product of cutting-edge technology (we were torn between just sitting back to enjoy the show and putting our 3D glasses on and off to decipher the magic), the music is great (it's a concert!), the Disney characters are in it (and you get to BE part of their world), it's funny, it's magical, it's exciting--I know this is beginning to sound like an advertisement--but it really is that awesome! Beats Christmas in bringing out the kid in you!

This attraction alone already makes going to Disney all worth it. ;)

One of the best 3D shows around- excellent for both kids and adults!

Author: trooper5783 from United States
15 June 2016

I went to Magic Kingdom a couple of days ago and this show was the first thing that I did. I saw this with my brother(who hates Disney, so he kind of disregarded this ride at first), my mom and her friend to pass some time while waiting to get on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, as we had the FastPass times and we had nothing better to do than go see this. I loved it, my mom loved it, my mom's friend loved it and the opinion of my brother's was different, he had mixed feelings about the animation and the appeal to younger kids, although he did admit that the 3D effects were "impressive", so he called it "just OK". But I digress; I thought the animation stayed very true to the Disney characters when using computer animation, and this attraction exceeded every task it should have done- the 3D effects are realistic and extremely immersive, the humor is consistently hilarious, the story is engaging and undeniably imaginative, and the music choices are charming and fitting for the wildly creative storytelling. Honestly, any 3D show(or movie for that matter) can't get anymore entertaining and inventive while still providing lots of energy. I heard a lot of adults laughing out loud in the theater in certain portions of the show, so is this just for the kids? I think not!

A magical and adventurous Disney attraction short!

Author: OllieSuave-007 from California, USA
9 February 2015

I saw this cartoon short at the 3D theater in Hong Kong Disneyland in January 2014. It was a wonderful attraction that shows Donald Duck secretly putting on Mickey Mouse's sorcerer's hat as he conducts a symphony orchestra. However, when Donald gets sucked into the tuba through magic, he is taken to a soaring adventure through the lands from various Disney movies like Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

The animation was spectacular and splendid in its color. Seeing the 3D attraction of the movie scenes sticking out at the audience makes this ride full of joy and fun; it gives you the impression that you are riding along with Donald Duck on the magic carpet, going through this incredible adventure.

It is nostalgic and adventurous seeing Donald Duck soar past the many Disney characters like Peter Pan, Ariel, Lumiere and Aladdin as the many Disney songs are sung in the background, giving off a sense of awe and wonder.

Overall, this is an awesome Disney attraction that is a must-see. Even if you are not a huge Disney fan, this attraction is still a fun ride to experience.

Grade A

Better than Captain EO

Author: Dave (deadpool-4) from Ann Arbor, MI
5 March 2004

This is the best 3-D experience Disney has at their themeparks. This is certainly better than their original 1960's acid-trip film that was in it's place, is leagues better than "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" (and far more fun), barely squeaks by the MuppetVision 3-D movie at Disney-MGM and can even beat the original 3-D "Movie Experience" Captain EO. This film relives some of Disney's greatest musical hits from Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and others, and brought a smile to my face throughout the entire show. This is a totally kid-friendly movie too, unlike "Honey..." and has more effects than the spectacular "MuppetVision"