The Aviator (2004)
- 1. A companion piece to Reds (1981) planned by actor-director Warren Beatty.
- 2. John Malkovich and partner Russell Smith attempt in 1993.
- 3. The adaptation planned by Allen Hughes and Albert Hughes who wanted Johnny Depp in the lead.
- 4. A Brian De Palma-directed biopic with Touchstone which fell through because of the $80 million price tag.
- 5. In January 2000, it was announced that Milos Forman was to direct a biopic with Edward Norton as Hughes and a script by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
- 6. In January 2002, Jim Carrey and director Christopher Nolan tried to start the project with Castle Rock Productions but it didn't get off ground soon enough to beat this movie into production.