IMDb > "Un paso adelante" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Un paso adelante" More at IMDbPro »

A good series

Author: Yurena from Spain
30 December 2003

Un paso adelante is a good TV series. It treats the problems of a few teenagers, while they arrange the dance and the singing. This series has good choreographies and an air is given to Fame, though it is not the mythical Fame. This series has taken advantage of his success to release discs and to do a gira for the whole Spain.

Good Entertainment

Author: chris-chasely from toronto, canada
9 April 2013

I enjoyed this series which provided much entertainment. With a cast as huge as this show has, it is fair to give kudos to the director for doing a pretty good job with the production. The dancing was very good and so was the singing. Excellent acting from Sylvia Marty (Ingrid) and Lola Herrera (Carmen), whereas good-looker Miguel Angel Munoz as the cocky dancer added sexiness that was much appreciated! The rest of the cast, especially the dancers made it all good to watch. Mind you, the storyline is quite catchy so the viewer is not left with just watching the entertainment, but also the lives of the characters within. The series is in Spanish, so if you do not speak it, make sure you get the English subtitles to go with it. All in all, very nicely put together with hardly any boredom to complain about!

Another great TV series from Spain

Author: Milena Milinkovic from Serbia and Montenegro, Belgrade
2 August 2005

After "Companeros" this is the best Spanish series that I have ever watched. This is a great TV series watched throughout the whole world. It is like a reality show with a bit of comedy.

It is about students who live in a school and they want to become actors, singers or dancers. Series follows their problems but also follows the problems of their professors.

As the result of the series there is a music group formed by some of the actors called "UPA dance".

It has 6 seasons (84 episodes) and they will not shoot more and I think that every teenager is very sad because of it.

I recommend this series to everyone who loves good acting, dancing and singing. I assure you that you will love it.

So ridiculous it makes me laugh

Author: eleonoraz from Italy
9 January 2010

From one point of view, it's one of the most funny things I've seen on TV. The idiotic adventures of the students of this school are something ridiculous, pathetic and somewhat...funny! It's the parody of a TV show! It can't be otherwise! This show it's too awful to be taken seriously! There is this "famous" school of arts (strange fact: they all say that it's one of the most important schools in Spain, but they are always in trouble because of lack of money), where many "young talents" study in the hope of becoming famous. Meanwhile, these poor but very talented boys and girls have to face various problems (which means only love problems). Also the professors have similar problems (and I ask: but when they study or teach? They are all too occupied in going to bed with each other!). Another funny thing is that even if the students are "so talented, so good, so fantastic", they never succeed in becoming famous: the problem is that they don't know they aren't talented at all, but please keep the secret! As I said, all the episode are centered on the love problems of the characters, with little space dedicated to the lessons (read: modern dance; the other lessons have little importance. If you can't dance you can't stay in the school); as you can imagine, the plot is always the same. The characterization is nearly absent: the students and the professors represents various "types": the talented, poor and lucky guy, the rich and spoiled one, the girl who wants to show she can succeed without recommendation, the good and responsible girl, the girl with a troubled past... Don't misunderstand me. The show is really awful, bad written and bad acted. It's a real suffering for the soul if you don't watch it from the perspective I've written before.

Enjoyable light TV

Author: tonupthomas-1 from Mexico
10 October 2006

Whilst it is simplistic, it is refreshingly so. The teenagers problems and peccadilloes are not the only focus, the staff share the limelight, and their lives are no less trouble free. The setting, a school of performing arts in Madrid, is ideal as each episode has several energetic dance routines. And the Madrid locations shots look great - the routine inside the Reina Sofia was an awesome idea, and was breathtaking. Also occasionally shown is the other side of Madrid, such as Pedro's mad dash across the city in the 1st episode, after sleeping rough. It's a beautiful city, but it can be a tough one too.

So, switch the old brain off for a while, drop the critical faculties, and enjoy this unusual television series:- the addition of beautiful actresses such as Natalia Millan, Toni Acosta and the awe-inspiring Monica Cruz guarantees a feast for the eyes, and the wild and fast moving plot lines always leave you desperate for more.

I actually learned a lot of my Spanish for this show... joder, coño......