IMDb > Oh Marbella! (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Oh Marbella!

Oh Marbella! More at IMDbPro »

Surprisingly enjoyable, undemanding Britcom. Overall - recommended!

Author: dtabizel from London
24 September 2004

I enjoyed this comedy which had some rather stereotyped but still amusing characters in a fast-paced fairly intelligent Britcom set on the Costa Del Sol in Southern Spain. The film was rather short, but it adds up to a decent, light evening's entertainment, with some decent comedic high spots. A number of familiar & skilled character actors pop up during the film and Rik Mayall & Eddie Webber were good to watch in their respective roles as a slimy estate agent and timeshare victim. It will come as no surprise that both Tom Bell & Mike Reid were perfectly cast as aging gangsters.

The film left me feeling that more could have been developed, however and the film finished a little abruptly. Nonetheless, it's a well scripted and acted comedy of particular interest to anyone who has visited the Costa del Sol. The filmmakers have shown promise here and I hope that their next film fulfills the potential hinted at in "Oh Marbella".

Overall - recommended.

Good fun, easy viewing comedy

Author: vanorten-2 from Spain
9 September 2005

I found this to be an enjoyable light hearted film which was an easy one to watch. If you live on the Costa del Sol or are thinking about moving here watch this film. There really are dodgy real estate guys (and girls!) out there and plenty of old time villains. That said it was good to see the use of the coast in a movie.

Some good casting, with Rik Mayall as the slippery slimy timeshare / real estate guy, and Mike Reid who can normally be spotted around Marbella during the summer months.

I and my friends felt that it all ended too soon and wasn't really long enough.

Great film loads of excitement kept me well entertained

Author: catherinepage40 from Spain
23 February 2006

What a great film showing what life is really like down here on the Costa del Sol. Well done Darren..lets hope there's more to come. This film has shown what life is like down here on the Costa, plenty of sun sea and sex just what people expect from the coast. This film has great potential and I'm sure will go a long way. Just goes to show what a low budget film can produce, I'm sure you will do will well in the awards its well deserved. This film will be the first of many from a great producer / co writer let your imagine flow and follow your heart your go a long long way your sure have the ability. I'm sure Wish you were here will follow this success and many more to come. I look forward to seeing your productions in the future. Your determination and confidence will get you to where you want to be.