IMDb > "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Strange Days at Blake Holsey High"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

This Is a Great Show And Needs To Be Out On DVD!

Author: ryon-2 from Portland, Oregon USA
25 December 2004

There are a lot of "kiddies shows" that are so obviously for kids, but Strange Days at Blake Holsey High, or as it's more appropriately titled, Wormhole High, is not just for kids but for us grown folks as well.

At the heart of this show we see evidence that there is a conspiracy of sorts going on, but we don't know for sure it's with who or why, but each week we see more of the puzzle as Blake Holsey's Science Club learn about science the hard way. Nothing like becoming very small or disappearing into the past or the future, to get someone to remember their science lessons. The writing for this show is sharp and sophisticated, making this show a little like the old Dark Shadows soap opera with it's surprising plot twists and bizarre happenings that can only happen when you build a boarding school on top of a failed science experiment.

I would really love to see this show either on video or on DVD so it would free of the annoying graphics that the networks feel they need to clutter up the screen with each week, and with the cryptic secret messages the janitor makes for each show, it would be easier to make sense of the whole series when you can go back to previous episodes and catch all of those small clues. But until then, I'll just have to keep looking at the re-runs I taped. :-)

A cool TV series that ended in 2006.

Author: Yoshi6666 from United States
30 April 2006

I loved this show when I first saw it on Discovery Kids. I couldn't wait till I could watch the movie on January 11, 2006. Too bad that is where the show ended. This show was a cool and funny educational show that makes me wanna be in that school. From wormholes to mysterious disappearances, this show would have been better if it kept on going.

This was the best of Discovery Kids, and it will always stay like that.

Blake Holsey High 2002-2006. Too good to be cancelled. but I just knew that it was going to be cancelled. Plus, the movie did pretty much answer all the questions that was left over from the series, but it still contains some questions. Still, this show was still too good to be cancelled.

I will still treasure it.

This is a cool show!

Author: misty6767 from Ottawa, Canada
3 July 2003

I've watched this show before and I have to say, the storyline is interesting and intriguing, the actors/actresses are so good @ acting its like they really are the people in the show themselves. Even if I don't like Science fiction that much, this show has caught my attention and got me stuck on the plot. And I do agree, Vaughn and JOsie do make a cute couple. My favourite character is Josie but I do know the cousin of the person who plays Marshall (Noah Reid). Keep up the good work ppl working on this show!

I used to LOVE this show!!

Author: karl_with-12 from Leeds, UK, Europe, Planet Earth, Space
23 August 2009

I remember this show! I used to watch it when I was 8 years old when it used to be on TV. I wonder why they cancelled this show?! It's brilliant. It was very sc-fi-ish and mysterious.

In a boarding school called Blake Holsey High Josie Trent is the new girl. In her 1st day she finds out there's very strange events happening in the school like a vortex in a classroom leading to a wormhole. Along with her friends in the Science Club Josie investigates the secrets of the school and soon finds out the school is not what its actually like...

This show was great! I love it and found it very entertaining.

BRING THIS SHOW BACK ON TV! I really want to watch it again.

********/**********

(8/10 stars)

~Kalendra

Like "The magic Schoolbus" but for high-schoolers.

Author: Carolyn Wood from Seattle WA
17 July 2010

It is a great show, but when it came out I was only 9 years old, so I didn't really understand what was happening. But now that I am 17 and re-watching the show, it is much easier to follow. I never saw myself as a science person, but this makes me want to learn more about DNA, the periodic table, and everything else in science. I suggest you watch it and see what I mean. I think this is like "The magic Schoolbus" but for high-schoolers. If you are scared easily, maybe you should watch it when it is NOT dark out. Some of the shows can be creepy. One thing I don't understand (still to this day) are some of the situations they get into. All in all great show!!! Sorry if I rambled, I am new to reviewing.

Another one bites the dust.

Author: furgygirl from United States
27 February 2007

I looked forward to watching this show on the weekends. It's a shame that I won't be watching them getting themselves if some sort of a mess. Kids have wonderful imaginations, this show allowed them to open up and imagine more.

I find it truly a shame that good entertaining scifi shows always get canceled. This show will join a great many more in the graveyard of great shows.

I just hope that they hurry things along and get it out on DVD for purchase soon. Another thought would be to put it on itunes for download. Whatever they do I hope it's soon.

Strange Days

Author: doglover27 from United States
5 April 2006

When I first saw Strange Days, I loved it. My two favorite characters are Vaughn and Josie(Robert Clark and Emma Taylor-Isherwood). I usually don't like science,but with this show I have learned stuff about science in a fun way. It also taught me that things can happen that you may not possibly believe,or suspect. I also like that the show is made for everyone.It has my attention and many ways that I am not even sure why I like it.It has many different ideas that all seem to come together. I also like to see other characters in different shows to see how they act. I realized that Micheal Seater and Shadia Simmons(Lucus and Corrine) both are in Life With Derek. Micheal Seater acts different in Life With Derek. He is more popular and less smart then he is in Strange Days. This show is a really interesting show for everyone.

Best Show!

Author: JMusinga from United Kingdom
4 February 2006

Black Hole High(as it is known in the UK)is an excellent show. Dealing with the journey of adolescence at boarding school is hard enough without having a black hole in the middle of school. Edgy red-head Josie Trent and Science club friends Corrine, Lucas, Marshall and Vaughn along with professor Z try to discover the mysteries lurking beneath the walls and why strange events take place so often at Blake Holsey. Romance blossoms between Corrine and Marshall and Josie and Vaughn. But Josie is unsure whether to trust Vaughn as his father is Victor Pearson, the creator of Paradyne Labs. What is Josie and Vaughn's destiny? What will happen next to Corrine, Marshall and Lucas? How long can the science club keep their secret? Everything happens for a reason!

I totally love this show!

Author: momscaffienec from United States
27 December 2005

Strange Days At Blake Holsey High is the best show ever! I have seen every episode, and I remember the very first time I saw the show. I was at my grandma's house flipping through the channels, and I saw a red haired girl acting all worried because someone named Vaughn was outside of their professor's office. I decided to figure out why the science club was worried about this, and continued to watch the entire episode.

That was two years ago, and ever since then, I have become a loyal fan of Strange Days At Blake Holsey High, and all of the actors/actresses. I cannot wait for the DVD to come out, and I have been searching frantically online for it. (Oh why can't our television be compatible with recording on VHS tapes!?). I even made a count down calender to the day Conclusions is airing. I am sad that the series is ending, but am also ecstatic that there is going to be a movie.

Also, I would like to encourage all new fans to try and view all of the episodes before the movie airs: It will be totally worth it, and the movie will make so much more sense!

-momscaffienec-

this show..

Author: xxWHOAAdudex from United States
10 October 2005

I started watching this show when i was channel flipping a few months ago. Now I'm addicted to it. Its has a great plot.When i first saw the beginning of my first episode i had a feeling i would not like it, now I'm obsessed and i love it! Not only does it have a great storyline, but its actually educational. Plus, there's plenty of romance and drama! For example, Josie&Vaughn are the cutest couple ever. There might be a something going on between Marshall and Corinne! The show has some hilarious lines in it. Also, the actors are really good at playing there role. They make it feel all so real, and it takes a lot of imagination to make it feel like its really happening. Really, when you watch it it feels like its a real school.