IMDb > Silo Killer (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Silo Killer

Silo Killer (V) More at IMDbPro »

Not your ordinary Run-of-the-mill Horror Flick.

Author: ditship from b-movie guy
7 October 2003

Silo Killer is not scary. In-fact, I'd go out on a limb to say that it wasn't supposed to be scary. It is quite funny though. In fact, there are moments of true brilliance if you ask me. The guy with the shirts and his pal with the guitar are perhaps the two funniest horror characters I've ever seen (the scene with them sitting on-top of the truck telling stories was hilarious). The guy in the suit was interesting too and if you ever bothered to listen to what he was talking about you'd realize that he was quite funny as well. I thought the end was original for the genre and the acting was better than most low-budget though not spectacular. I would say that for a first effort for first time do-it-yourself filmmakers this was a damn fine movie and I hope to see more from them in the future... I can see how people could find it 'not funny' and/or 'horrible' though, because the fact is people are stupid. Really, really stupid.

More comedy than horror.

Author: Hile_Troy (fakeshemp@juno.com) from Sandy, OR
29 October 2002

But, that's not a bad thing. This movie was actually more funny than scary...and the humor was on purpose. Brian Reid's Lyle was a very funny character. All the actors were quite impressive considering they were all no names, and the budget of this movie. I definitely have to give the original ending some credit...unfortunately most people will probably pass this movie by, since films shot on video seems to be a taboo. But I say give it a chance, I'm far more impressed by this $6000 shot on vid horror film made by a group of buddies, than that big-budget teen-slasher Hollywood slop that keeps getting thrown into out theaters.

a mixed experience

Author: Nazzlord from Silkeborg, Denmark
2 September 2004

Uh, this is a tough one. First of all, the plot: Some young people are out in the desert camping, when they discover that a convict has escaped form a nearby prison- they choose to ignore it and just keep partying on, and then starts a killing rampage… really original. On one hand it's not a very good movie, there is not suspense at all and the movie is quite predictable, and at some points really boring (especially the ending). On the other hand, it is not a Hollywood production and it's obvious that it's just some guys who decided to make a movie and kudos for that. There is some really funny stuff in it, the best being a flashback to a party, but, alas, there are just too much pointless and boring sequences to keep one interested for a whole movie. I'll give it 4/10, and better luck next time.

Kooky Kids With Cameras and Red Food Coloring

Author: Cobbler from Venice Beach, CA.
25 November 2002

Extremely low-budget feature that was shot on location in the Arizona desert. The dialogue is sharp and extremely funny at points, and there is a really, really amusing performance by Brian Reid as "Lyle", the guy who has a different (labeled) shirt for every occasion (Eatin', Drinkin', etc.) However, the film is not scary at all, and some of the acting is truly atrocious. Works better as a comedy or a buddy movie than a horror flick. It's no "Evil Dead", but the filmmakers' hearts were in the right place. 6/10.

I liked it

Author: mdamien13 from United States
16 December 2003

I don't see that hate for this movie I've read from other reviewers. This film had more going for it than most direct to video stinkers I've rented.

The camerawork was very impressive, and the actors did a very good job (especially when you consider that most were probably friends of the filmmakers). Nice amount of gore, and good work was done on the special effects.

My only complaints were that a.) the sunlight really bleached some of the shots that took place during the day, and b.) the showdown w/ the Silo Killer towards the end felt a bit anticlimactic. This was saved by the very cool epilogue delving more into the character of the "mad dog killer". Nice work.

No Stars (Rating or Actors)

Author: darad from United States
20 August 2012

This is the time when I'd like to see IMDb have a 0 rating system. I can understand the producers (if you can call them that) making something due to a low budget, but this must have been a no budget. It's neither funny or scary, just cheap and gross with the worst of the worst cast. I understand that it wasn't intended to be or look like a movie with an actual budget but I see absolutely nothing worth watching about this film. I've seen better videos on YouTube that was shot with a cell phone or webcams of animals. The worst part is that they "try" to be funny and no one is the least bit. There are a lot of watchable and slightly entertaining comedy-horror movies but this is plain stupid, kiddish and boring. I'd be embarrassed to put my name or even my dog's name on this junk pile much less my real name. It's just horribly unwatchable because you won't laugh, you won't jump but you might get a headache from rolling your eyes and being annoyed. If Elvis were alive he wouldn't just shoot out the TV, he'd burn down Graceland or pull the trigger on himself.

Silo killer

Author: patagoniavocedmarco from United States
11 January 2005

Silo killer. Silo killer is a movie about a man that goes killing people and stacks the body's in a silo. This movie had some pretty good scenes especially when Jerry Bennett gets his head cut of by a shovel.This was my favorite scene in the movie. This man Jerry Bennet his really good at digging holes. The car he drives is the best one there is in the entire movie. This movie silo killer is probably one of the cheapest movies you can find but is worth it because is kind of funny. I was really impressed with how well the movie was made, with such a low budget. Koning did a good job concerting that this was the first movie he made. If you like B movies you will love this one, check ebay, amazon.com or Best Buy and Frys.

silo killer review

Author: patagoniavocedjon from United States
7 January 2005

the movie silo is a perty good movie. their are lots of well-developed characters who add to the dark mood of the film. the suspense is unlike most low budget horror movies, around ever corner exists a new twist two the plot. the untimely deaths bring a new view of horror movies to the screen, and the end.... you'll just have to see for yourself. i only payed 5.00 for it but it was one of the best moves i have every seen. the special effects are well used and are good quality. i highly recommend buying this move for your personal collection.

The actors played their rolls very well. If u have some extra money to spend buy this move!

Future Classic

Author: mmelcher1 from Costa Mesa, CA
24 January 2004

As the Kracken so dwarfs the undoings of Calibros, so too does Siloh Killer lay waste to the relevance of its contemporaries. This movie is for those who create and wish to create. It's not for those who compare and critique. this is a low budget vision that incorporates humor, high energy, and camp in it's classic sense. Clearly the film makers loved every minute of their work maybe because of the lovelies employed, but ultimately evident.

Those looking to create a low budget film should take notes, not in that this is textbook right or wrong, but really because it is something that came into existence. Above that is that this is just plain fun. Oh and there's nudity.

Miserable!

Author: Memlets from Florida
13 February 2003

A previous user comment suggested, "give (Silo Killer) a try."

So I gave it a try. Gee, thanks for the recommendation...

Right off the bat, the music was so annoying I had to turn the sound down. The DVD isn't captioned, and I don't read lips, so I ended up simply fast-forwarding through the amateurish camera work and lame, allegedly gory special effects. And the really bad acting. (The Silo Killer was played by a guy in dental school.)

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT give this a try.