IMDb > Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
Page 8 of 30: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Logically Bombed!

Author: kingy-2 from London, England
26 July 2003

Why on earth do some Hollywood studio executives believe that they can spoon feed this syrupy garbage down our throats in the UK and expect it to make them money, do they really believe we either relate or care for any it's pointless and inanely conceived characters? This is the visual equivalent of immersing your eyeballs in boiling jam! You've been warned!

YIKES

Author: Martha from PA, USA
26 July 2003

Was I the only one that thought her Jackie -O Lovefield outfit was tacky? I mean the movie was cute in a mindless way (sorry, but I do think that Reese is adorable) But still - wasn't the outfit sort of tasteless?

The first one was better

Author: Fresh-17
26 July 2003

I loved the first movie and was really looking forward to watching this one. Maybe my expectation were too high. The script just doesn't work.When making a sequel is only logical to make the characters follow the path traced by the first story, but recycling the same ideas,(the bitchy girl becoming Elle's friend, and resourcing to Elle's cosmetics knowledge to detect lies, one of her mentors betraying her, etc.) jokes,(then:"look! It's Malibu Barbie!" Now:"look! It's Capitol Barbie") and even the same lines, ("it's pink" "...and scented! It gives it a little something extra, don't you think?) is completely unoriginal. Jennifer Coolidge and Luke Wilson were totally wasted here, they had absolutely nothing to do. Couldn't they have written a more intelligent storyline for these characters for Pete's sake? Most of Elle's charm came from being "a fish out of the water" and making the people surrounding her taken aback, outraged, upset and/or uncomfortable by all that "pinkness", and now they turn a hard-boiled lady judge into a silly sorority soul-mate for Elle??? Fortunately, Reese is the one saving grace in the movie. Still endearing and effective as Elle, same goes for her two funny jello-for-brains friends from California. I wanted to like this movie so much, I really did...but didn't. I left the theater a little disappointed I must say.

What were they thinking?

Author: Christine Turnbull (stripped_princess@hotmail.com) from Dartmouth, NS, Canada
26 July 2003

I loved the first one, it was awsome and i was excited to see the second also until my friends told me it was boring. i waited until my dad got it and i am happy i didn't go to the movies. the storylines are continuation from the original. the ending was obvious and the movie was all about Elle's stupid dog finding it's mother and saving her. this was one of the worst sequel's i have honestly ever seen. i love reese witherspoon and all but i don't know what they were thinking when they chucked this boring movie together. it is worst than a chick flick to guys. i suggest noone watches this shameful peice of disapointment. i give this movie a 3/10.

Very disappointing

Author: WriConsult from Portland OR USA
25 July 2003

Yes, yes I know it's a sequel so what do I expect. Well, generally I do expect a lot from Reese Witherspoon. I enjoyed Legally Blonde a lot, and thought it was clever and very funny. In it, Elle backed up her perkiness and style with competence. Even the courtroom scene, if audacious, was reasonably believable. However improbable, it was at least possible for the plot to take the twists and turns that it did, and for Elle to achieve success - which ultimately Elle's success was due to her hard work and brilliant mind, not her looks.

The new movie has none of that. The scenes of committee hearings and Congressional sessions are completely unrealistic and not believable. The sad thing is it probably COULD be made believable, but it's just not done right. Even worse, her ultimate success comes in spite of her incompetence in the political arena, rather than due to her competence. And her marriage - which to Elle's character would be expected to be a VERY big deal - is a minor subplot. Overall the script feels half-done, and as a result the whole thing just doesn't work. At least there were a few good yuks, though not as many as in the original movie.

I've heard they're working on LB3, in which Reese runs for President. Let's hope Reese gets a little more "Type A" and gets that one done right again.

Pure Vomit Crap = Don't see at All Costs

Author: spaccygirl from CANADA
23 July 2003

Quite possibly the worst movie ever!!!! Worse than the hulk! Made me want to vomit and never wear pink again!!! Don't see at all costs. It was $4.50 on Tuesday and even that much was too much. I wouldn't recommend seeing it even if it was free. You could spend your time better by talking to someone who bores you to death.

By far = The worst movie of the year!!!!!! Don't let anyone drag you to it! Save yourself!

Author: spaccygirl from CANADA
23 July 2003

What a waste of time! Even on a cheap tuesday!!!! The only people who like this movie are closeted homosexuals who wish that they were wearing pink and had a cute little gay dog too!!!! No body else will enjoy it because it made me want to vomit. I must have said 'Stupid' a gazillion times while watching it. There were only three people in the theatre. I should have known.

Very Few Laughs

Author: pattersonsmith
21 July 2003

The beginning of this movie is awful. They should not have tried to recap who everyone was. The actors were very stiff and it set a bad tone for the movie. Once they got about 20 minutes into the movie the characters seemed to be more comfortable with themselves and the movie improved. However, this was suppose to be a comedy. It was more like an impossible dream, infomercial for PETA. There were a few moments when I laughed gently, but I did not hear anyone laughing in the the theater at any time in the movie. I really enjoyed the original "Legally Blonde", unfortunately this one was not worth 90 minutes of my time.

red,white & Boring!

Author: angeluvmine from ottawa, Ontario, Canada
20 July 2003

I enjoyed the first legally blonde movie, and could not even wait for the second.when i watched it,it made my head hurt!it was not only boring and stupid it was degrading!the first one told you, some blondes could be cute and smart.and the second one told you blondes should not run for senate.I am black and have a blonde friend that i watched the movie with. like me,she HATED it! as a movie luver,I DO NOT recomend LB2.the first one was WAY better.it was like an opposite.I thought the first one was stupid,but it was good. I thought the second one was going to be good, but it was stupid! As a movie luver,I repeat, I DO NOT recomend this movie!

it sucked

Author: L_Chevalier
19 July 2003

May contain spoilers

This is one of the most boring movie that I have ever seen. It wasn't even funny and the story was stupid and illogical. What kind of stupid girl would want to find the biological mother of her gay dog to invite her at her wedding.

The only good point of the movie was Reese Whiterspoon who is one of the best actresses of the industry.