IMDb > Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde
Page 5 of 30: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Weak

Author: Joel Gladman from Melbourne, Australia
11 January 2004

Reece Witherspoon's charm is the only thing that can drag you through this half-baked poorly-acted sequel.

Sally Field and Luke Wilson do a good job too but the rest of the cast didn't deserve their pay cheque.

Fewer (more strongly developed) characters were needed.

A chance to make a great and fun movie blown, big time...

Author: biker451 from Wisconsin USA
24 December 2003

I'm amazed that anyone could produce, direct or edit this movie without saying, "this isn't going to work." They all had an opportunity to make a sort of "Miss Blonde Goes to Washington", sort of a fun version of the classic "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington." It starts with the premise of the young naive lawyer going to Washington and witnessing the corruption, ineptitude and special interests that make this country run in spite of themselves. But about half way through, when it should get serious about taking on the bureaucracy, it degenerates into a stupid and inane bit with sorority sisters and ultimately cheerleaders doing a dance piece on the Capital's steps. At that point I was about to change channels, but I chose to watch to see how it ends. I could have lived with even a predictable ending, but not only was it predictable but was a boring, dumb, waste of an ending.

Another one of those "Lost Opportunity" movies where one has to say, "What were they thinking?" If they were thinking they only wanted to reach the stereotypical dumb blonde, who is also a sorority sister and a valley girl they may have hit their mark. For the other 99.9% of the population this looks like they had their heads up their proverbial "whatevers" when they made this one.

I mostly enjoyed Legally Blonde, but 2 was a waste of my time.

Loved the first one, hated this one!

Author: Brenda from Ontario, Canada
23 December 2003

I am a huge Reese Witherspoon fan and I thought the first Legally Blonde was excellent. I hope that her contract forced her to make this sequel though, otherwise I have lost respect for her judgement of scripts. I laughed a few times, but for the most part, this film is completely stupid. I disliked it and all of the men I know who have seen it absolutely hated it. This was one of the worst sequels I have ever seen. Skip this film and rewatch the first one instead.

Am I psychic or what?

Author: SnobbyDude from Connecticut
13 December 2003

I wrote this about the first legally blonde movie a while back:

"I hear they are making a sequel to this, which is a huge mistake. The joke is going to wear thin-there is only enough humor in this concept, I think, for one movie. I doubt the second one will be any good, especially since this one seems to have been "good by accident", if there is such a thing."

I was right on the money when I wrote those comments about the then soon-to-be-released Legally Blonde 2. The joke has worn thin and Reese's character just isn't funny anymore. The script's attempt at humor doesn't work. I can't even believe a project like this even got off the ground. Someone actually thought gay dogs and cheerleading in the senate is funny? The movie made decent money, so I guess the joke's on us.

Tedious, pointless, and unoriginal

Author: Peter Law from Belleville, Ontario, Canada
8 December 2003

I have to admit, I wasn't as impressed with the first "Legally Blond" as some people were, but I thought I'd watch the second, as I couldn't find anything else of interest that was in at the video store. This movie is terrible. It exists in a world with rules vastly estranged from reality, but this is the movies, so I'll forgive it that, but such an escape ought to be able to justify itself. Perhaps it could rightfully create these new rules to allow for intelligent satire, or to offer a pleasant escape from reality. It does neither: the characters are moronic and the movie is only an escape into mind-numbing tedium. Is it supposed to make me care about animals? Sorry, I don't any more than I did when the movie began. Is it supposed to say that an individual has a voice? Only in such a naive dream world. Why do studios have to abuse their clients by knowingly creating such garbage and passing it off as entertainment? If a movie has nothing of substance to say, it ought to at least say nothing with style. Legally Blond 2 fails at even achieving that.

Inept and Plain Awful!

Author: sales-27 from Royal County of Berksire, England
6 December 2003

The first L.B. was quirky, fun and refreshing. It was the success of this movie that lead people back to view the second helping. Unfortunately the sequel has absolutely nothing like the charm and comedy of the first. It is in fact incredibly dumb, inept and very annoying. Reese Witherspoon cackles on so much in an unfunny drone that it becomes off-putting after a short while, indeed after about 10 minutes of watching this wretched film you realize what a turkey it is. Voted one of the worst of 2003, make that OF ALL TIME! A real disappointment from the first movie. Didn't the writers realize that the script has to be a little bit funny in the hope that it might succeed, the plot is pure drivel and would not appeal to anyone over 8 years old. I know it isn't supposed to be Citizen Kane here, but to offer this as a sequel to a quite brilliant original is a disgrace. Very, Very, poor. What a shame!

more of the same, only worse

Author: DaveZ from Rochester, NY
4 December 2003

The original film was a live-action cartoon, with completely unrealistic characters and situations. It was also modestly amusing – at least if you put your brain on hold.

This film, however, is witless, no matter the status of your brain. It would appear that each characteristic of the first film which was even slightly "successful" was amplified and repeated, without necessarily understanding why it worked the first time. I see that a pilot for a TV spinoff has already been created; I shudder to consider the results.

Legally Dumb Twice: Dumb, Dumb & Dumberer (2003)

Author: hobly32 (hobly32@hotmail.com) from Caribbean
14 November 2003

This was the WORST movie, wait hold up there's stilL Just Married,..ok so LB2 is one of the WORST movie I ever saw in my life...what has comedy gone to?..Unfortuanetly I went to the video store and borrowed, Just Married and LB2 on the same day, thinking I am going to relax with my boyfriend and have a few laughs! Laughs, you say? Laughs?!.That movie bored me to DEATH, the only part that made me come alive was when the movie stopped halfway through, and I realize it was a bootleg, HALLELUJAH for bootleg! Cause it wasn't tape to the end, so I was saved from the torture! I still could not believe that my boyfriend actually laughed through the movie, I wanted to whack him with the pillow. I never watched the first one, but after watching this, I changed my mind! These two movies made me stop watch comedy, cause I realize its not the same as before, so I am now watching action. The next day I rented Bourne Identity and the Italian Job, Now that's what you call movie. A mean why the hell would you look for a dog's mother to come to a wedding?

There is a reason why sequels shouldn't be made for certain movies

Author: pimponbro from SoCalUSA
13 November 2003

And this film proves it. The first "legally blonde" was a great movie. This was of the same caliber in my opinion. maybe even better. If you saw this movie first, you probably will hate the first one. And vice versa.

Probably the most unimaginative sequel I've ever seen.

Don't waste your time.

Author: Claudio P from Toronto
13 November 2003

I didn't even finish watching this thing. The first one was great. This ones is anyone's guess. For the 58 minutes that I actually watched I didn't even laugh. I'm not even going to continue to write. Not worth my time nor yours.