IMDb > Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 2 of 30:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

what a hypocritical movie

Author: Alex from Tokyo
26 October 2003

LB-1 was OK, stupid but funny. But in LB-2 they decided to touch the US politics and movie became just a hypocritical laughing-stock. Final Congress speech (about DOGS RIGHTS!!!) is as preposterous and pretentious as it could never be. Hey, Blondie, could you use your "Sisters" resources and "Millions March" just for something more useful?

P.S. SPOILER: and yes, those cats and dogs are let free just to become homeless.

Utter waste of time

Author: Rob Johnston (robertejohnston@mail.com) from Sydney, Australia
26 September 2003

I saw the first one on cable, I found it surprisingly fun and thought I would see the second one on a lazy saturday afternoon.

I felt sorry for the actors, not too much as I am sure their bank managers were much impressed, as however fine an actor, it would be impossible to make anything out of the dreadful material presented to them. The writers should be ashamed of themselves and the director seriously consider a new career path.

I admit I sat through the whole film, I kept thinking it had to improve but the final scenes were the worst, airheads take over Congress. I understood that the writers were trying to poke fun at politics taking itself too seriously but they fell flat on their faces to say the least.

I learnt a valuable lesson, read a few reviews and wait till these types of films are on cable.

I have been very disappointed with film releases this year, I am looking forward to LOTR3 but it seems that I must be in too old an age group for main stream films these days.

10 things to do to destroy a pretty good movie

Author: FabZeFab from Paris, France
18 September 2003

When the first LEGALLY BLOND has been released, i was surprised because it was fresh, spontaneous,funny and pretty original. So, i was pleased enough to see the sequel. Unfortunately, every single second of this movie is awful. All the good things from the first one are forgotten. It's stupid, ugly, dumb and completely useless. one of the worst movie i have ever seen.

Fairly enjoyable, as a cartoon brought to life with real actors.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
7 October 2004

There can be little doubt, this movie is an inferior follow-up to Legally Blonde. Too many characters are recycled and made to look cute, but it doesn't work as well as when it was fresh. Still, Reese Witherspoon has created in 'Elle Woods' a character that is just fun to watch. She never stays down long, always picking herself up with a fresh approach until she achieves her goal. I look at it like a 'Roadrunner' cartoon, but with real people. It is silly and implausible, but funny. In this case the 'bad guys' are the US Congress in a parody of it's habit of making backroom deals and taking care of supporters to guarantee reelection, even if nothing is done to help constituents. Elle Woods finds that animals are used to test cosmetics, and her quest is to get a law passed that will make it illegal. Nothing more than cute, funny fluff.

Rarely has a sequel been worse.

Author: chrislife from United States
4 July 2007

Legally Blonde, the original, was a fun and enjoyable movie. It wasn't terribly original, but it was well done; by the end, you felt connected with Elle, and delighted in seeing her meet her potential and outgrow her shallowness.

Then came Legally Blonde II, where we find Elle back to her shallow ways. It was as though all that growth she'd experienced in the first movie was gone, and the writers completely missed the point of the previous movie. It wasn't good because she was a flake, but because she learned her worth. The second movie seemed to think "Oh, a movie about a flake... let's do another one." The acting was fine, but the writing missed the boat completely. Absolutely horrible.

Really Bad

Author: salima3377 from Bristol, England
28 December 2003

This one just wasn't funny it was very very silly and far fetched.

What was Reese Witherspoon thinking when she agreed to do this sequel? This film was clutching at straws with its story line and humour but did succeed in making me cringe!

Stay Away

Author: Srimoyee Chatterjee from United States
10 November 2007

This is one of the stupidest movies I have seen in forever. Anybody who liked Legally Blonde 1 should keep that as their memory, and not override it with this monstrosity!Anything that was endearing about Elle has been replaced by irritating. When the movie ended I was actually crying out of relief(which beg the question, why did I want to see this movie so desperately in the first place?). I wanted to disbelief the rumors about how horrible the movie was, I thought I could place it on a better pedestal. I'm really really sorry to all Legally blonde fans, stay far far far away from this one. Save yourself the trouble, the pain and the humiliation.

Resse needs a dentist, and this movie needs a script, direction and a heavy dose of reality.

Not good at all.

Author: 3-D from Ohio
2 February 2006

Although I recognize the fact that I'm a guy and shouldn't like chick flicks anyway, Legally Blonde 2 was ridiculous on so many levels that after watching the movie I had to lower my head in shame.

The first LB movie, while not very funny, was still entertaining to watch because it actually had effort put into the storyline. It was interesting to see a fashion-obsessed blonde in pink apparently not fitting in at Harvard law school. They tried the same approach with LB2, only with her walking into congress buildings wearing her all pink outfits. However, since we've already seen that attempt at humor in the first movie, it just wasn't anything special.

Aside from that, the plot outline was horrible. Basically, Elle Woods (Witherspoon) is having an upcoming wedding where she plans to invite the mother of her pet dog. She discovers that the dog's mother is in a lab, where they were testing fingernail polish on the dog's nails. Elle got sad and was like 'I am going to go to DC and make it illegal for them to test on animals!' The viewer, however, doesn't really care, realizing that putting nail polish on a dog's nails really isn't that big of a deal, but hey.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but I just can't really think of anything good about this movie. Every single joke used in the movie was either not funny or recycled from the first one. The entire concept of the plot is just retarded. It even seemed Reese was half-assing her acting job through the movie, doing even worse than she did in the first film. Nobody else in the movie will be nominated for any Oscars, either.

It just seemed that some filmmaker wanted to cash in from the first movie's success, knowing that people will pay money to see this movie just because the first one was popular. All of the production team's effort went into marketing and hype and they just didn't put enough into the actual movie itself.

2 out of 10

tragedy! if you watch this stupid film you will regret this!

Author: wassyl from Poland
1 October 2003

I have seen the first part and it was stupid for me, but there are no words describing how stupid is Legally Blonde 2. The jokes are deproable... you watch it and cannot believe that people have no shame to make something like this. Don't touch this movie even with a stick!

My Eyes Hurt!

Author: houstonjack from United States
9 July 2005

It seemed like such a great deal at the time, all the movies you can watch for $14.99. I thought I could handle it, I thought a man my age could be responsible. Then I hit rock bottom: Legally Blonde 2 Oh my God, I actually think this movie has actually shortened my life, not just wasted 95 minutes of it, but actually shortened it.

So appallingly bad, it will make you hate dogs, blondes, and democracry.

Gay dogs? Why? Maybe it is Hollywood's sense of irony, Bruiser's, the gay dog son, mother is used as a test animal for cosmetic company.

So insipid and illogical, a 7 year old would be appalled. How does writing and a story line so bad, get the "green light"? Damn you Blockbuster and your $14.99 a month "special"

Page 2 of 30:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]