IMDb > Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Page 2 of 30:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

She Became Worse O_o

Author: 1337_Bionic from Taiwan
29 June 2005

The whole movie had no point; with Elle Woods looking for her dogs mom? its kinda pathetic really...and the whole graduation thing from the first movie seemed REALLY good and all and the second movie she gets fired because she's obsessed with her pooch (i like dogs, nothing bad on em). anyway the whole thing was pointless because there was no real story in the movie and it totally killed the first movie after watching the second. you can easily tell that they made the second one out of thin air. if there IS a message in the movie (standing up for oneself and using one's voice) they needed to make it clearer.

another thing was that it was all centered upon Bruiser; the dog. they should have made the subtitle after Legally Blonde: (yadda yadda) different.

Absolute crap and I even liked the first one (Warning!! Possible spoiler material)

Author: pmcclure from San Francisco, CA
26 July 2003

(Warning!!! Possible spoiler material in this review, although I don't think I'm really spoiling anything but FYI) This movie made me want to kill myself. I thought the emphasis on the dog was just too much and got old very quickly. The charecterization of some of the people was almost offensive (almost because I don't feel that it was done to put down any one but some of the jokes regarding sexualy orentation futher spread derogitory language/concepts about homosexuals).

I will not see any sequel of this film except for free.

Not horrendously bad, but far from good

Author: SteverinoAlaReno
7 July 2003

I loved the original Legally Blonde, and I knew going into this movie that it wouldn't be as good as the original. My only solace lies in the thought that this could have been so much worse than it was.

First, LB2 relied too much on the Elle-Woods-Fish-Out-Of-Water plot. It should have portrayed the main character as being savvy enough to take advantage of the fact that her opponents always underestimated her. After all, she's been out of law school a couple of years already, surely she'd have learned that much, right?

Second, the plot itself was too contrived. There wasn't a single believable character in the show, and Witherspoon was just a caricature of the original movie's heroine.

But I still managed to enjoy most of the show. I even chuckled in a couple of scenes. But I winced at far too many other scenes, and the climactic speech to Congress was abominable.

I've seen worse remakes than this, but I think the producers missed an opportunity to make a good film instead of a knock-off.

what a hypocritical movie

Author: Alex from Tokyo
26 October 2003

LB-1 was OK, stupid but funny. But in LB-2 they decided to touch the US politics and movie became just a hypocritical laughing-stock. Final Congress speech (about DOGS RIGHTS!!!) is as preposterous and pretentious as it could never be. Hey, Blondie, could you use your "Sisters" resources and "Millions March" just for something more useful?

P.S. SPOILER: and yes, those cats and dogs are let free just to become homeless.

Utter waste of time

Author: Rob Johnston (robertejohnston@mail.com) from Sydney, Australia
26 September 2003

I saw the first one on cable, I found it surprisingly fun and thought I would see the second one on a lazy saturday afternoon.

I felt sorry for the actors, not too much as I am sure their bank managers were much impressed, as however fine an actor, it would be impossible to make anything out of the dreadful material presented to them. The writers should be ashamed of themselves and the director seriously consider a new career path.

I admit I sat through the whole film, I kept thinking it had to improve but the final scenes were the worst, airheads take over Congress. I understood that the writers were trying to poke fun at politics taking itself too seriously but they fell flat on their faces to say the least.

I learnt a valuable lesson, read a few reviews and wait till these types of films are on cable.

I have been very disappointed with film releases this year, I am looking forward to LOTR3 but it seems that I must be in too old an age group for main stream films these days.

Speechless

Author: Jim-reviews-film
12 March 2015

I went to a free screening and demanded a refund.

I was so long ago And it haunts me still. Seriously Don't.

I mean it The first was OK.. But this.

I mean, it had a sub plot about some dogs.. And there was some pink clothing.

I'm sorry. I watched most of it through my fingers.

I warn everyone about this movie.

I hope you heed mine.

Please beware my warning. You cannot Unsee this horror..

Turn back while you still can.

This movie is everything that could have been bad about the original.

Author: Anne A. from United Kingdom
25 June 2013

As a fan of Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde's predecessor, I avoided watching this sequel until today, and for good reason it seems. The rumours (and reviews) are true. This is an awful sequel to what was an otherwise clever and cute movie that recognised it's flaws but made light of them. This movie fails to do that, and instead ends up becoming what the first film tried to avoid: a shallow story following the unbelievable events of a caricature of a character. People who have not watched Legally Blonde 1 will not be aware of this contrast and so might view this movie differently, which seems to explain why the majority of good reviews here come from these exact same people.

LB2 follows Elle Woods (Reese Withersproon), a Harvard Law graduate who is fired from her position in a prestigious Law Firm for trying to champion animal rights, after discovering that her dog Bruiser's mother is being used as a test subject in a cosmetics company. In order to have her dog's mum attend her wedding to Emmett (Luke Wilson), she heads to Washington D.C and joins the team of Congresswoman Victoria Rudd (Sally Field) to learn the ins and outs of Washington politics and to pass her 'Bruisers Bill' through congress that would see an end to the legal status of animal testing.

This movie just utterly fails to capture the audience's hearts with it's preachy message, lacklustre humour and unrelatable characters who we once used to love. Gone is the Elle Woods who learned to overcome prejudice and grew into a strong-willed, self-assured, smart woman. Instead, Elle is a vapid, loudmouthed airhead who still lets people's impressions of her get her down. I thought that she would be a seasoned pro when it came to this now, but apparently she only learned how to overcome bad remarks within the University framework and nowhere beyond that. The character of Elle is a shadow of her former glory and loses that 'heart' that she had in the first film. Now all she cares about is getting a dog to attend her wedding? And this is important, how? When she first trawls into the investigators office with a proposition to find her, I was honestly left scratching my head wondering, "why?". But no. The whole film centres on her apparently gay dog Bruiser and his mum. While the idea of enrolling at university to reclaim a lost love seems unbelievable in itself, the way they executed her motives in the first film made it seem so. This time round it's just too far. Some characters from the first movie make an appearance; Emmett, who didn't even need to be in this film as he is just useless here, and her beautician friend who took a downgrade from ditsy to nearly mentally defunct for whatever reason. All of them lose their appeal and whatever relatability they had.

I could have suffered through this movie if it even tried to be clever and funny but instead all we get is shallow cheap jokes and dog humour. Oh, and cheer leading in front of congress. I'm serious. I felt insulted by watching this and almost guilty that I was a fan of LB1. Was this really the character I loved and thought was endearing from the first installment? Oh my, what a fool I was. The script is severely lacking in originality and cleverness, the overall message is unnecessarily preachy and vapid, and the characters are lame. A lot of wasted opportunities with a good cast including Sally Fields and Bob Newhart.

I wish I had never watched this sequel because it has now rubbed the shine off the original for me. This is just a sad, sad attempt to milk the cash cow and in doing so the creators of this film have milked everything that made the first film good and turned it sour and unpalatable. I'd give this a zero out of 10 if I could.

Witherspoon kept a career going after this???

Author: alsation72 from Australia
16 September 2011

In the first movie, a blonde student became a lawyer in two seconds. Here, the same character is now a lobbyist in Washington.

Elle Woods is in Washington to spruik up some support for animal rights; albeit the shallowest possible depiction of animal rights. She wants animal testing for cosmetics banned.

The first film was generally watch-able, and the Witherspoon character was enough of a novelty to drive the film ... here the same character is just plain irritating and the scenario's just ridiculous.

This is a particularly soulless film, with pointless scenes that just drag on and on. The "gay dog" mini-storyline is just ridiculously lame.

Not sure whether I will sit through the whole thing at this point ... you don't really need a crystal ball to work out what will happen, and there's no incentive to bother with it except for the 'so-bad-its-funny' effect.

1/10 ... utter ****

Really Bad

Author: salima3377 from Bristol, England
28 December 2003

This one just wasn't funny it was very very silly and far fetched.

What was Reese Witherspoon thinking when she agreed to do this sequel? This film was clutching at straws with its story line and humour but did succeed in making me cringe!

Stay Away

Author: Srimoyee Chatterjee from United States
10 November 2007

This is one of the stupidest movies I have seen in forever. Anybody who liked Legally Blonde 1 should keep that as their memory, and not override it with this monstrosity!Anything that was endearing about Elle has been replaced by irritating. When the movie ended I was actually crying out of relief(which beg the question, why did I want to see this movie so desperately in the first place?). I wanted to disbelief the rumors about how horrible the movie was, I thought I could place it on a better pedestal. I'm really really sorry to all Legally blonde fans, stay far far far away from this one. Save yourself the trouble, the pain and the humiliation.

Resse needs a dentist, and this movie needs a script, direction and a heavy dose of reality.

Page 2 of 30:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]