IMDb > If Only (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

What the!!!

Author: scottkellaway5 from United Kingdom
19 May 2007

Is England so posh? does everyone talk like this in England? The answer is no... English people are not like this and do not all sound like this. Why is it that Americans draw out the stereotypical 'catch phrases' of how they think English people talk. I can't watch this film without 'England' being pushed down my throat, it's corny!!!! The acting is OK and it seems to be high budget apart from that I don't rate it highly at all. Ahhh good old England ;-) If this movie is on on TV and you are watching it for free then give it a try (and see what I mean). I would not rent it and waste my hard earned cash. If you would like to see how England is not then watch this movie.

Awful!

Author: sjr-16 from Australia
27 August 2006

Really really bad.

The characters are irritating and the dialog is terrible. This tear-grabber only had me grabbing for the remote control.

The credits, when they *finally* arrive, signal the end of the viewer's suffering. The movie prompted me to think "if only I had done something else" this evening! I think the main problem with this movie was the complete failure of the main characters to engage the viewer.

The plot twists, clichéd dialog and supernatural plot devices just annoyed me as I awaited with dread the inevitable final twist.

Obviously, I do not recommend this film! If you want a tear grabber, go and watch "Ghost"; that *is* one worth seeing!

you must see

Author: Sharon Highland from taiwan
11 December 2010

I saw the movie three times... And it couldn't stop crying every time when I saw... It has the good plot, the good actors/actresses, and the good view. It will let you think something about the life after watching. The movie is one of the great movies that I saw. Why I like it so much, one of the reasons is something happened in my life just similar to the plot... So I was touched by it every time when I saw. If you fell in love with someone, it's a pretty good movie for you guys. If you got married, you must take a see with your partner! If you have some problems between you and he/her, you can find some ways to solve the problems from the movie maybe. I recommend you to see the movie sincerely. And share to us : ) Hope you guys have a nice day.

Enchanting and beautiful...

Author: LiquidEcho
4 July 2010

I found this movie flipping through channels and thought I'd give it a chance. I'm not a particularly huge fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt, I find her acting leaves much to be desired. However, this movie has definitely made it into my favorites.

Brief summary: Ian is a businessman concerned only with his work. He is determined to be successful, causing his personal life to fall by the wayside. His girlfriend Samantha feels neglected and when Ian gets a second chance to make things right with her, he finally realizes the importance and depth of his love for her. This is what he must tell her before it is too late.

The concept of the movie isn't completely groundbreaking, however the way the story was told was beautifully done. I felt tears running down my cheeks several times throughout the movie and although I tend to roll my eyes at most love stories etc. I found this one struck a chord with me.

It gets you thinking. It makes you wonder and it makes sure you realize the importance of living in the moment and of appreciating what you have.

I recommend this movie to everyone, and certainly to those who have a significant other in their life. This movie might just be what you need to improve your relationship.

One of the best movies in the last 20 years!!!

Author: emiliogolden from Argentina
5 June 2010

If you watch (note is not the same that like) all kinds of movies you definitely cant ignore this one! Is one of the greatest love film's that appeared in the last two decades. The acting is great (the best of Love Hewit and Nicholls) and excellent directing by Gil Junger, despite the tiny mistakes on the edition.

I cried most of the movie, it is really touching for absolutely every human being. It's not a regular love film, where you will find a great story about two people that get in loved ... It reaches to your mind and soul directly from the pshycological notion that everyone can love! Really good! Kind remaind me of "The Notebook".

Touching

Author: meha-ps from United Arab Emirates
4 September 2009

Its been a really long time since I watched a film starring Jennifer Love Hewitt....the last time I saw her was on the ghost whisperer series. It was nice to see her work in this film, The role really suited her and the movie is a story bout how Ian, Samantha's (Hewitt) boyfriend experiences her death and is sort of given a second chance to relive that day in order to save his love.

The movie had some really special moments captured beautifully by these two and had a lovely message, although i was a bit bit hesitant it the beginning ....things began to flow and soon you too became a part of their story and could very well relate to it....

I would definitely recommend this, I got to see another talent of Jennifer and that is the fact that she can sing and write songs too, both the songs in the film were written an performed by her...

She definitely has put her heart an soul in this movie and so has Paul Nicholls, the two shared a beautiful chemistry and will definitely leave an imprint in your hearts.

it's the feelings that make the plot come alive

Author: Daivid from London, Britain
29 May 2009

It's no mystery why this film wasn't taken up in Hollywood. For Hollywood, the mantra that our fate is in our hands is so ingrained that the fatalism that this film is steeped in must have gone down like a lead balloon. In the world of this film it is fate (personified by a London Taxi Driver) that holds our future in his hands. He may give us second chances but that is entirely in his gift. However, beyond the friendly advice given fate has no control over our feelings.

What makes the film is how perfectly Jennifer Love Hewitt and Paul Nicholls create the relationship of Sam and Ian. Ian is in the role of the one who takes Sam for granted while Sam is in the somewhat desperate position of the one who loves more. Because they do that so successfully, because while watching you believe the emotional growth of Ian are completely real then what you actually think of fatalist back drop is unimportant. I suspect this is the reworking of some medieval romance. If so they have done far more than rewrite it for the 21st century – they have created the perfect love story.

Quote: "person who taught me to love & to be loved"

Author: arunbharatram from Oxford, Oxfordshire
22 May 2009

Well I have no words to describe the movie - If only.

After a very long time I experienced some very emotional & a heart-wrenching feel.

There could be many movies of the genre - Romance, but this movie will just top the charts on any given day.

" Just a little more time was all we needed

Just a little time for me to see

The light that live can give you

How it can set you free "

The most underrated movie, on the contrary it certainly deserves a perfect 10.

Great movie very touched, good performance

Author: Mike P from Australia
4 February 2007

wow what a good movie.... i thought this movie was very very good at the least, i haven't seen a movie like this for awhile now brought me in the mood of "the notebook" for some reason.... this is a love story and a bit of a soppy one too (well towards the end) ): ... very good movie go and watch it guys you wont be disappointed. i cant remember when i have seen jennifer love hewitt do such a good role as this before (pardon the spelling if it is wrong) she is good in ghost whisperer and she is definitely better in this. well what else to say but she is hot hot hot !!! lol . watch this movie with your family or your special gurl... or even just by yourself if you got the time its really worth a watch any time of the day\night.

this is the best love story i have ever seen in my life...

Author: sulaniuxa from Lithuania
28 January 2007

as i told in my summary, i absolutely have no doubt that it is my favorite movie... i don't get bored to watch it again again and again... after first time i saw it, i was shocked... this made me think too much about my own life.. this movie is exactly for people who have doubt about their feelings. for example they love or not. this movie is like the way to see and learn reality and what u feel. one commentator wrote: u miss 50 % your life if u miss to watch this film... this comment i agree thousand per cents. for example, when i watched this movie it was like i am watching my own life and see all as on my hands. the feeling after movie is unbelievable.. like you will start your life from the beginning and u wont have any doubt anymore, no more mistakes... and i recommend to watch it with person u really love, because after movie u will understand what love is. this is perfect movie for romantic evening and i m sure for this movie cry everybody... everybody... and i wish u don't miss it... too important movie in our life.. about all of us...

Page 11 of 14: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]