IMDb > Fire Emblem (1995) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fire Emblem (V) More at IMDbPro »

Video Game come to anime

Author: bluebeatleweirdo from United States
18 July 2005

Fire Emblem is a short OAV that was created after the Super Famicom (Super Nintendo)game Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo. It is the story about a young prince named Mars who was forced out of his country. While the continent was at war, Mars with his knights from the kingdom of Aritia set out and gather members along the way to defeat the high priest Garnef and the evil dragon of darkness, Medius. The goal, defeat the enemy and save the continent of Akenea from the evils of the land.

This is a short 2 episode OAV that takes you through the first 3 levels of the game and gives you back history on some of the characters. Unfortunately this storyline was never finished which is sad because it was just getting good. Over all though, after playing the game and watching the anime I will say the transition from game to anime was well done.

Worth it

Author: seshimaroo from United States
20 May 2013

I am one of the few American fans of the Fire Emblem video game series, and those games are unbearably epic (Especially the latest, Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS). This anime is based upon the first game game in the series, only released in Japan for the original NES, but rebooted for the Nintendo DS and released overseas (sub-titled: Shadow Dragon). The story follows the young prince Mars (Called Marth in the game), who had to escape his homeland of Atria(Altea in the game) after it was conquered by an evil wizard commanded by the Shadow Dragon, Medeus (same name as in the game). This is the basic plot at the beginning of the game as well. After escaping, Mars starts a life in a new Kingdom. This was an island called "Talys" in the game,but I don't remember the name in the anime. The story of the two-episodes loosely follows the prologue chapters of the game, and then follows the first, second, and third chapters of the game fairly well. Some of my favorite characters from the beginning of the game appeared in the anime, and the story was well-adapted, I think. Now, there are only there things about this anime that I didn't like: The plasticy hair, some of the voice-acting, and the fact that it was not continued. It ends very abruptly, basically just when the story was getting good. I was very sad that it was not continued, but I will give it nine stars, nonetheless, because it was still well-made and will appeals to all sorts of Fire Emblem fans.

A good view

Author: Brit Pybas from United States
27 June 2005

This Fire Emblem movie is called Fire Emblem, though it has nothing to do with either of the games. I loved the games so much I just had to see this movie. So I got it(though it's only in Japanese it had subtitles) The action scenes were good when they were good, but some were pretty corny. The plot was nice though the romance wasn't very exciting. If you are a fan of the games or just an anime nerd or both(like me) this is a good view. The length was kind of short though. If this is what they could do with a Fire Emblem that has nothing to do with the game I think the could do a great job on an anime or movie passed on the Flaming Sword or Sacred Stones.