The ChubbChubbs introduces the alien inhabitants of the Planet Glorf, including Meeper, its earnest but oh so awkward hero, a singing Diva, the Zyzaks, 20 foot-tall red-eyed bullies, and the ChubbChubbs. In this debut short, Meeper valiantly tries to warn the patrons of the Ale-E-Inn, an intergalactic watering hole with its own constellation of stars, of impending danger only to find himself face to face with the toughest creatures in the universe. Written by
Deciding to be an hero is the easy part...
See more »
Did You Know?
Contains many references to sci-fi movies:
- Gort the robot from The Day the Earth Stood Still can be seen holding an oil can.
- One of the aliens has a Princess Leia "cinnamon buns" hairdo.
- An alien from Alien is drinking at the bar.
- Darth Vader is arm-wrestling Yoda.
- The two dancing robots are Robbie from Forbidden Planet and the Robot from Lost in Space.
- The alien who warns Meeper about the ChubbChubbs is Jar Jar Binks.
- One of the escaping spaceships is a Martian War Machine from The War of the Worlds.
- An escaping alien is riding a bicycle with E.T. in the basket. John Williams E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial score is also referenced.
After Meeper gets thrown out of the inn for the second time, we can hear a distinctive sound of the door being locked. However, a minute later, when Meeper gets inside again through the roof, a messenger comes in opening the door from the outside without any problems. See more
Excuse me. Coming through.
No Aliens were harmed in the making of this film See more
Followed by The Chubbchubbs Save Xmas
"Why Can't We Be Friends"
Written by War
, Sylvester Allen
, Harold R. Brown
, Morris D. Dickerson
(as Morris Dickerson), Lonnie Jordan
(as Leroy Jordan), Charles Miller
, Lee Oskar
, Howard Scott, Jerry Goldstein
Performed by Darryl Phinnessee
, Dorian Holley
, Marlena Jeter
Also sung very poorly by Bradford Simonsen
(as Brad Simonsen)
Produced by Chance Thomas
Published by Far Out Music, Inc./Administered by Universal-Polygram Int'l Publishing, Inc. See more