IMDb > Global Effect (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Global Effect More at IMDbPro »

Old story badly redone

Author: themarina1 from Vancouver, BC
14 October 2003

Where to start. This is bad from beginning to end. Not only has the story been done to death (deadly virus spreading to kill humanity. What should the USA do to save the planet?) but this version added nothing to the pile. Bad acting adds to the sadness. The only reason I gave this a 2 was because of Daniel Bernhardt, the handsome bad guy. If only we'd seen more of him...Actually, some parts of this movie also reminded me of bad Steven Seagal movies (like any of them are any good) with out Steven Seagal. Don't bother to see this. Not worth the time.

A lot of great scenes from Cape Town

Author: Gadi Cohen (Kinslayer) from Israel
6 August 2006

The movie definitely wasn't anything great, but having spent a lot of time in Cape Town I really enjoyed some of the scenes. You see some great views of the V&A Waterfront, of the area around Greenmarket Square, and a view of Cape Town / Table mountain from Robin Island as it's blown up :)

Mmm OK say I have to write at least 10 lines of text, so I guess I'll comment on some of the other stuff. Madchen Amick (as the chemist) is of course a pleasure to look at. One of the guys on the "team" has some kind of South African accent... either he grew up in some weird place there or he is a foreign actor making a poor attempt to sound South African. Nevertheless it's still nice hearing an SA accent in a movie, with of course all the scenes from CT.

I agree with the 2 rating above

Author: floydcollege from United States
8 August 2005

It wasn't awful. I just saw it yesterday so it's pretty fresh in my mind. I'm posting this to let anyone that wants to see the movie know that they should probably steer clear as the preview reviewer suggested. I just tried to submit this review and I received an error message that it has to be 10 lines of text. No sex scenes, no intelligent dialog and a lot of bad acting. Definitely a B movie. I have to admit that the guns/rifles that they used looked cool. The bad guy in the movie that was referred to in the previous post was probably the best actor. This is my first post here so take it easy on me editors. JUST DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING IT!